giving up smoking: tabex anti-smoking pills

Information about Doctors, Dentists, Hospital facilities and all aspects of health care & Insurance.

Moderator: Moderator

qwerty
Super User!
Super User!

Postby qwerty » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:42 pm

Capstan, I remember them, they were still about when I was an apprentice, the old Sea dogs used to smoke them by the handful :lol:

alig
Super User!
Super User!

tabex

Postby alig » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:43 pm

Think i was one of the 1st reporters of using Tabex and can confirm, that it is nearly 10 months since i gave up.
Still miss them, but i think that it is the habit we miss, something to do after a meal etc.
Come on Wolfy, have a go, dont just leave them in the fridge!!! You might even be able to move all your soil round your gaff, without a dumper!!!!
Lol. :lol:

Liliana

Re: tabex

Postby Liliana » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:58 pm

alig wrote:Think i was one of the 1st reporters of using Tabex and can confirm, that it is nearly 10 months since i gave up

Yes you're the person who prompted a few on here to have a go at stopping... I tried and did at least cut down by alot BUT, well that's another story :cry:

Still have a box though but not in the fridge? They're not innoculations are they? :lol: 8O

Dreanas
Super User!
Super User!

quit smoking

Postby Dreanas » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:12 pm

I tried the Tabex and it did ease the craving but I think I must have taken the wrong dose.

I am sure it said take 6 a day and took the last 1 about 10pm. But I think they must have speed or something in them as I was wide awake and couldn't sleep. I was tossing and turning from about 11pm until 4am before I eventually dropped off.

I know it is going to be hard as I have been smoking since I was 14 years old. But I want to try again when I get back to BG but and would appreciate advice on how many and how often I should take them. At the moment I am smoking about 10 cigs a day.

Liliana

Postby Liliana » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:19 pm

You just may have overdosed.... 10 cigs a day? That's what alot of smokers want to get down to. As far as I can see there's definitely no speed, amphetamines, in them. That's ususally used for losing weight or 'slimming pills' 8O :lol:

wandy
<b>Building Services</b>

Postby wandy » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:39 pm

Take a Few Minutes to read this. Unbelievable.

20 minutes
Your blood pressure, pulse rate, and the temperature of your hands and feet will all return to normal.
8 hours
Remaining nicotine in your bloodstream will have fallen to 6.25% of normal peak daily levels, a 93.25% reduction.
12 hours
Your blood oxygen level will have increased to normal and carbon monoxide levels will have dropped to normal.
24 hours
Anxieties peak in intensity and within two weeks should return to near pre-cessation levels.
48 hours
Damaged nerve endings have started to regrow and your sense of smell and taste are beginning to return to normal. Cessation anger and irritability peaks.
72 hours
Your entire body will test 100% nicotine-free and over 90% of all nicotine metabolites (the chemicals it breaks down into) will now have passed from your body via your urine. Symptoms of chemical withdrawal have peaked in intensity, including restlessness. The number of cue induced crave episodes experienced during any quitting day will peak for the "average" ex-user. Lung bronchial tubes leading to air sacs (alveoli) are beginning to relax in recovering smokers. Breathing is becoming easier and the lungs functional abilities are starting to increase.

lyn
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby lyn » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:02 pm

Recommended therapeutic scheme

Tabex
Day of Treatment Intake Intervals Total Daily Tablets
Day 1 to 3 1 tablet every 2 hours 6 tablets daily
Day 4 to 12 1 tablet every 2.5 hours 5 tablets daily
Day 13 to 16 1 tablet every 3 hours 5 tablets daily
Day 17 to 20 1 tablet every 4 hours 3 tablets daily
Day 21 to 25 1 tablet every 6 hours 2 tablets daily

You can keep on smoking while taking the tablets. Cut down gradually in your own time but do make an attempt to have stopped within 3 or 4 days.
A craving will last for about 3 minutes, so when you get them, find something to do that will last you longer than that!

If you have a puff, within 9 minutes you will want another one - so no more 'just one puff.'.

watchout
Super User!
Super User!

Tough but hang in there

Postby watchout » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:20 pm

When the Tabex route. Things are fine but always thinking of a cig puff from time to time - when I was in Argentina - picked up nicotine Chiclet - but admit that a puffed on about 5 cigs during the time I was there. Tough habit to break

walkage
Super User!
Super User!

Postby walkage » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:02 pm

I gave up smoking 30 yrs ago after starting at 9 - off and on but full time at 16 - if I could light it I would smoke it.. :!: :!:
Then after many times decided to stop - properly -and used the Nicotene gum in the 80's - hard going and took 9 months before the 'desire' finally went - like a closed door.

So my input after reading these threads - you are all weak and full of excuses ----'I'll stop when i come to Bulgaria' ......10 a day is what I aim for....Rubbish.....
:twisted:
If you want to stop - you can, it's about will power -- if you're a weak piece of useless..**@@** etc....well who cares...

So your choice - it is possible - but please don't come out with the pathetic excuses and future promises. If you are weak willed - well then that's what you are....Happily I'm not and I succeeded....1 up for me liliana and MW.. :D :D :D :D :D :D --can you follow that..Hmm I doubt it... :lol: :lol:

banjo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby banjo » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:33 pm

I love smoking its great to unwind with a fag and a glass of rakia.

8) 8)

Return to “Medical & Health Care”