giving up smoking: tabex anti-smoking pills

Information about Doctors, Dentists, Hospital facilities and all aspects of health care & Insurance.

Moderator: Moderator

Artyann

Postby Artyann » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:30 pm

Hi everyone. I noticed your posts regarding smoking and ways of quitting. PLEASE if anyone is offered ZYBAN as a means of quitting, seriously think twice, or better still don't take the risk of trying them as once the damage is done theres no going back. I can speak of first hand experience and i know a few of you will have something to say when i write this - i was fit, healthy, happy, full of life, good career and smoked, through the advise of a doctor i took this sh.. and my health and life was ruined and also that of my family. It was the biggest mistake of my life, i wish now i had carried on smoking, the price i've paid just wasn't worth it. I've heard of a few people that say it worked for them, they packed up smoking for a couple of days, a week, and even a few months and most suffered some side effects, i also know of several that suffered severe none reversal side effects as i did but these are never published and shouted about, though we have tried.
ZYBAN KILLS.

rodz
Super User!
Super User!

giving up smoking

Postby rodz » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:16 am

Now Im confused, I was going to get some TABEX today so Artyann are Tabex and ZYBAN the same

lyn
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby lyn » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:28 am

In a word, no!

Artyann

Postby Artyann » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:33 pm

Hi Rodz, i've had a look and no its hasn't any of the same substances in it. But when zyban first came over to england it was marketed as 'a new wonder drug', we didn't know it had been taken off the market for 3 years in America because of fatal side effects and brought back with a new name. Its banned in Canada, France where its made and several people died in the first month when it went to australia. Did we hear about all this? No we only find out the bad bits after the event. What i'm trying to say is we listen to what others say, what the papers say etc, but we are all made different. Anything that plays around with the receptors and chemicals in the brain are potentially dangerous and maybe whats good for your neighbour may be life altering for you. I even think twice now when i take a headache tablet.
Ask yourself how a tablet you pop in your mouth can make you not want a cigarette, what is it doing to the chemicals in the brain to do this? how does it know just to stop your craving for a cigarette and not for anything else?
Why don't you try the electronic cigs, they don't play with the brain as such,it's more up to you to get the willpower to stop with these, and it omits the health risks associated with the tabacco. I'm pleased i made you think at least. I was one of the first people in my area of england to take zyban, i only wish i wasn't, had one person warned me or i had read a bad report i would never ever have taken it. Hindsight is a good thing, sadly not for me. Bye.

lyn
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby lyn » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:54 am

Tabex is a plant derivative and not a synthetically manufactured drug.

To quote from their website: "In the human body, Cytisine plays the role of nicotine substitution substance, and reduces the period of interaction of the received nicotine with relevant nicotine receptors, i.e. the specific substance cytisine "substitutes" nicotine, acting on the same receptors, thus preventing the appearance of abstinence syndrome. This results in a gradual reduction and suspension of the psychic and physical dependency to nicotine in smokers."

Surely a few days/weeks of taking Tabex, must be better than years of nicotine addiction?

Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:06 am

lyn wrote:Surely a few days/weeks of taking Tabex, must be better than years of nicotine addiction?

Especially if your brain is already half frazzled as mine seems to be. :roll:

Garyjs
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Garyjs » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:45 am

Hear in the UK every smoker that I know is presently trying to stop

I guess it will be the same in Bulgaria when they reach 14 Lev’s a pack

Just play everybody knows 3 times & you’ll be singing it all day long

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzoagsjlUv4

Return to “Medical & Health Care”