giving up smoking: tabex anti-smoking pills

Information about Doctors, Dentists, Hospital facilities and all aspects of health care & Insurance.

Moderator: Moderator

ciuccati
<b>Property Sales/Transport Services</b>

Postby ciuccati » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:40 am

Tabex could be a more successful export for Bulgaria than under the counter cigarettes.

Apparently Britain's Medical Research Council have ran a study on Tabex

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/09/ ... 3028.shtml

Mat
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Mat » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:20 am

I'm constantly staggered that people defend their smoking habits whilst noting their lungs filling up with sludge. You have one life and to reduce the utility of it through chronic illness or shorten it by increasing your chances of cancer and heart attacks strikes me as utter lunacy. I don't mind having a bent and broken body at the end of my days, there are just much more fun ways of putting the dents in.

By the way, I used the patches and found quitting easy. I think the solution was not actually wanting to quit and thus not putting pressure on myself. My brother has just stopped using the Alan Carr DVD after a pack a day for 20 years.

lyn
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby lyn » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:22 am

Excellent! :smt023 I've survived 4 months smoke-free now thanks to Tabex!

Mat
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Mat » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:23 am

And Wikipedia informs me that Allen Carr did indeed die at 71 from lung cancer. I guess even giving up 23 years doesn't save you from the impact of a 100 a day habit... Then again, if he hadn't quit and stayed an accountant he wouldn't have written the books that made him a multi millionaire.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allen_Carr

Spiralbg
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Spiralbg » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:41 am

I don't see what all the fuss is about, giving up smoking is easy! I've done it hundreds of times :lol:

alig
Super User!
Super User!

tabex

Postby alig » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:07 am

If you have done it hundreds of times Spiral, you are failing badly, coz to do it right, you pnly have to give up ONCE!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

alig
Super User!
Super User!

tabex

Postby alig » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:13 am

:D Seriously though, i have now passed the 6 months marker and still fag free. so, can only admit, that if you want to quit, these Tabex tablets do work. Good luck to all who try it. Alig :D

Spiralbg
Super User!
Super User!

Re: tabex

Postby Spiralbg » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:44 am

alig wrote::D Seriously though, i have now passed the 6 months marker and still fag free. so, can only admit, that if you want to quit, these Tabex tablets do work. Good luck to all who try it. Alig :D

Well done! Smoking is a horrible habit, and anyone who succeeds in kicking it really deserves a pat on the back! :)

I packed in 5 years ago, just after I came to BG. It was no fun paying 1.80 lv for a packet of fags after paying 5 quid a pack in the UK, and I really missed standing outside in the smoking sheds so I decided to give it all up! :lol:

brianj42
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby brianj42 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:50 am

I only smoke now on days ending in "Y". I received my box of Tabex a month ago where it has sat proudly on my desk ever since, thats as far as I have got :lol:

lyn
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby lyn » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:11 pm

Brian, unfortunately they don't work by osmosis!

Return to “Medical & Health Care”