giving up smoking: tabex anti-smoking pills

Information about Doctors, Dentists, Hospital facilities and all aspects of health care & Insurance.

Moderator: Moderator

brianj42
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby brianj42 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:27 pm

:lol: :lol: I'm awaiting inspiration to kick in. Its actually just this minute been on Sky News would you believe. They reckon the 12p a day tablet could save the NHS tens of Millions....

fred
Super User!
Super User!

Postby fred » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:49 pm

And if we all gave up smoking it would cost the exchequer hundreds of millions.

Still doing my bit :smt025

silky4015

Postby silky4015 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:20 pm

This is my own opinion, the anti smoking pill etc only account for 1% of you giving up smoking the other 99% is your will power determination to stop smoking completely. You have to fight your body and mind and convince yourself that you don’t want that cigarette.

lyn
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby lyn » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:00 am

Silky, I wasn't really fussed whether I gave up or not, but they worked for me. :lol:

Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:01 am

Not wishing to put anyone on the SPOT, but I for one, would be most interested to know about those that gave up the weed and are YOU still off it?

I bought the tablets, but never really got into the right frame of mind to take them however, they're still in the fridge for that time when I feel I ought to stop.

How many, if any, are giving up in the New Year?

Villyman
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Villyman » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:30 am

I gave up smoking and life on 4th December 2004 at approx 12:35, having died in the back of the ambulance taking me to hospital after a heart attack.

Fortunately, Ronald McDonalds car park was empty at the time and the driver managed to stop long enough for the paramedic in the back to give me a few jolts or should that the jules with the paddle thingys.

Obviously, a stay in hospital was necessary but I am now fully recovered and haven't had a ciggy since.

I can't say that I would recommend this method for "giving up" but it worked for me.
:)

lyn
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby lyn » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:37 am

I'm still off them. :smt026 It's been 7 months now - and will be forever. I know that if I have so much as one puff, I'll be right back where I started and the 7 months will have been wasted.

wandy
<b>Building Services</b>

Postby wandy » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:55 am

Been smoking for 43 years, Used the Tabex in September. They helped me give up, (took away the early day cravings) Stopped completely for 7 weeks.
Then I got shingles, don't know if it was caused by stopping smoking (shock to the nervous system). Or just my Sh*t luck!
In the end couldn't cope with it all and took the cowards way out, went back on the fags.
If any of you have had Shingles I sympathise, It takes no prisoners.
Not trying to out do you, Villyman, wouldn't wish what happened to you on anyone, (Well maybe 1 or 2)
Three months later, the Shingles are all but gone and the pain has virtually stopped.Just the odd twinge.
Back on to the Tabex from today, No point in waiting till New Year, By then I will have gone for 3 days without, Probably the worst is the 1st 3 days.
MW, if you seriously want to give up. Start taking the Tabex 2 or three days Before giving up, you will find they start to ease the cravings by the 2nd day.
GOOD LUCK, to all who decide to give up and if you don't, that is YOUR choice, After the 2nd week I found I could breathe normally again and do more without that shortness of breath.

qwerty
Super User!
Super User!

Postby qwerty » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:58 am

Gave up 4 months ago, I was finding it difficult to even dig the potatoes up that we grew, puff, pant, wheeze, half a row dug up, puff pant wheeze!!

They had to go, now I can spend (And have) all day digging over our 700 m2 veggie plot by hand with just a fork, with no effort at all, just good honest blisters.....Blisters and your normal minor cuts and grazes also heal quicker when you dont smoke.

Took me many goes to quit, and if I ever had a fag again it would not be for long as they are so debilitating, I used the "Eating continually until your a fat lump" method, now 4 months on I've just started to go out walking to burn up the spare tyres that grew around my middle :smt114

silky4015

Postby silky4015 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:20 pm

Started smoking at age 14 back in 1953. On New Year’s Eve 1974 I stopped smoking because it was costing me a small fortune I was smoking 80 Capstan Full strength a day.

Best thing I ever did, but still can’t get the wife to stop.

Return to “Medical & Health Care”