giving up smoking: tabex anti-smoking pills

Information about Doctors, Dentists, Hospital facilities and all aspects of health care & Insurance.

Moderator: Moderator

Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:45 pm

I don't have a clue what else you're on, but perhaps you should consider giving that up as well!

Some folk just don't have a strong willpower for certain things hence the thread is about a drug that might help those to stop.

Plus, giving up 30 years ago, (which in your case would equate to circa 21 years of smoking) might be easier than giving up through willpower for someone that has smoked for 50 years.

Tongue in cheek or not, some folk will get upset at this type of posting so expect unfavourable feedback and MOD's big lock key.

Moscow 'Lilly Livered' Wolf. :roll:

Sapper
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Sapper » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:04 am

My husband stopped smoking in August with the help of Tabex, I think he has done really well as he was smoking a lot. Oddly since he stopped I have cut down my smoking by half. I don't intend to stop altogether as I know I would put on a couple of stone and besides I enjoy a smoke.
Well done to you folks who have done it, I know how hard it is I stopped for twenty years but took it up again when we came to Bulgaria which I regret but too late now.
Walkage I would have thought after thirty years off the nicotine the side effects would have worn off by now. :D Pat

Liliana

Postby Liliana » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:58 am

walkage wrote:1 up for me liliana and MW.. :D :D :D :D :D :D --can you follow that..Hmm I doubt it... :lol: :lol:

cue for my best Peter Kay voice "how dare you" :lol: :lol: :wink:

qwerty
Super User!
Super User!

Postby qwerty » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:10 pm

walkage wrote:
So my input after reading these threads - you are all weak and full of excuses ----'I'll stop when i come to Bulgaria' ......10 a day is what I aim for....Rubbish.....
:twisted:
If you want to stop - you can, it's about will power -- if you're a weak piece of useless..**@@** etc....well who cares...

So your choice - it is possible - but please don't come out with the pathetic excuses and future promises. If you are weak willed - well then that's what you are....Happily I'm not and I succeeded....

The 'Tough love' :smt055 approach is also a very valid way of encouraging people to give up :D

Garyjs
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Garyjs » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:15 pm

If you watch this video a few times you’ll be singing it all day

Great time to make your new years resolution

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzoagsjlUv4

walkage
Super User!
Super User!

Postby walkage » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:55 pm

Qwerty...I'm really pleased someone has seen the 'reason' behind my post - it worked for me...

So MW - up for the challenge.. :?: :?: :?:

Liliana....Hmmmm 2 weeks of unrelenting passion.. :?: :?: Is it worth it :?: :?: Of course with Banshee's permission :wink: :wink:

Come on you lot - pack it in ...it's smelly and unsocialable.....and to add.......my 2nd wife listed in her divorce papers that I caused her utmost stress by rolling my ciggie after sex...and that is 100% true.. :D :D :D :!: :!:

Happy New Year to you lot.. :D

Villyman
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Villyman » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:12 pm

walkage wrote:Qwerty...I'm really pleased someone has seen the 'reason' behind my post - it worked for me...

Liliana....Hmmmm 2 weeks of unrelenting passion.. :?: :?: Is it worth it :?: :?: Of course with Banshee's permission :wink: :wink:

Come on you lot - pack it in ...it's smelly and unsocialable.....and to add.......my 2nd wife listed in her divorce papers that I caused her utmost stress by rolling my ciggie after sex...and that is 100% true.. :D :D :D :!: :!:

Having a bit on the side (either way), secret gambling, secret drinking, but rolling a ciggie after sex!! Ahhhh, you animal. 8O

Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:48 am

walkage wrote:Qwerty...I'm really pleased someone has seen the 'reason' behind my post - it worked for me...

I'll quit when I'm ready to do so. I have to be in the right frame of mind otherwise, I become so nasty, belligerent, fat and angry that my ex-wife told me to start smoking again. Plus, I firmly believe that you should only give up something for yourself, not anyone else otherwise, you'll always blame them for your discomfort. I agree though, that it does smell, stains your teeth and does nothing for your arteries and veins, but some folk can't live without Fray Bentos and bacon sandwiches - each to their own.

Hence this thread, if these tablets can help calm the withdrawal then, they must be worth a try as long as one does not become addicted to the tablets and, only IF someone wishes to quit.

I can do willpower, but I don't really want to go through the rest of my life feeling that I'm depriving myself of something. I bet that after all these years that you occasionally get the feeling that you'd like a draw on the nicotine stick.

I don't think that your were 100% honest about your divorce. I read the grounds as being 'he rolled his cigarette DURING sex'. :lol:

wandy
<b>Building Services</b>

Postby wandy » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:10 am

MW
I'll quit when I'm ready to do so.

MW.
There is only you, who knows when you are ready to pack it in. I went the same way, and packed it in because I WANTED TO.

People nagging me to, only made me more determined NOT to.
45 years smoking 20/40 per day and I must admit I have had no problem (to date) packing it in.
OK, it is only day 5, but we all have to start with day one, and that's the hardest day.

Do it for yourself !! If and when you want to!!!

Villyman
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Villyman » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:17 am

Or this>>>>> www.clearsmoke.co.uk :)

Return to “Medical & Health Care”