Bulgarian Elastoplast Warning!!

Information about Doctors, Dentists, Hospital facilities and all aspects of health care & Insurance.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
AngloBulgarian

Bulgarian Elastoplast Warning!!

Postby AngloBulgarian » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:33 pm

Avoid URGO plasters!!

I managed to stab myself pretty badly (even by my accident prone standards) in the leg with an incredible sharp ceramic knife - not having time to go to hospital for it stitching i Superglue'd the gaping hole up and that did quite nicely for a day or 2.

I then bought "URGO Aquafilm Antiseptic" (blue packet) plasters so i could go in the pool. all was well till i pulled the plaster off.

It ripped the entire surface of my skin off - down to red bleeding flesh!! And im not exaggerating. i have a rectangle of missing flesh 4cm x 8cm that looks like they have taken a skin graft from there with a potato peeler.

Not knowing what to do with this mess i sprayed it with spray plaster (which hurt like hell) but did the trick and its now healing well. But avoid these plasters - seriously.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
spantrout
Super User!
Super User!

Postby spantrout » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:50 pm

Probably best if you just went to the doc's :lol:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:59 pm

I thought that URGO was a trade-name for GLUE that comes in Yellow Tubes. :lol:

I've never ever heard of a plaster pulling off skin though, only IF it gets matted up with dried blood and puss, but perhaps I shouldn't go there near tea time. :lol:

Well, now you have a new business idea for tattoo removal as well. I get the impression that you're Johnny Rambo in disguise - tip, just use your staple gun next time not super glue. I bet this was NEVER covered on Blue Peter with Valerie Singleton. :roll:

I might just try these URGO plasters as my skin must be have an anti-plaster element, mine never stay on. :wink:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
mickw
Super User!
Super User!

Postby mickw » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:37 pm

As I understand it, Superglue was used as an emergency solution to close wounds in the Veitnam War, however it was a temporary measure to stop bleeding and infection until the victim could get medical help. Clean dry dressing applied to the wound to aid easy removal, a plaster of any sort is going to open up a wound when removed.

Mick

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
AngloBulgarian

Postby AngloBulgarian » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:14 pm

mickw wrote:As I understand it, Superglue was used as an emergency solution to close wounds in the Veitnam War, however it was a temporary measure to stop bleeding and infection until the victim could get medical help. Clean dry dressing applied to the wound to aid easy removal, a plaster of any sort is going to open up a wound when removed.

Mick

I beleive it was used for that purpose and i can attest to its effectiveness - ive used it on many occasions so stop bleeding or to stop dirt getting in to a cut. It is as you say a stop gap measure and does result in quite bad scaring if you just keep gluing the cut back together all the time (i speak from experience).

However the plaster dint open up the wound - IT OPENED UP A WHACKING GREAT NEW ONE that was 10 x as bad as the one it was supposed to protect!!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Guerrilla

Postby Guerrilla » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:13 pm

I had my head glued with superglue in the hospital once in Liverpool. I won't go into details as such but the lady (ahem) should have kept the shoe on her foot or actually hit the person she was aiming for.

Anglo from your initial posts I would suggest that this is standard day to day stuff for you??

If I ever met you I would want body armour, a helmet and better insurance. Oh and in no way should you ever take me to the hospital.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
AngloBulgarian

Postby AngloBulgarian » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:17 pm

Guerrilla wrote:Anglo from your initial posts I would suggest that this is standard day to day stuff for you??

Absolutely............

The ambulance crews in York knew me bay name - and in not kidding, so did the nurses in A&E and on Ward 14 - which was my favorite ward.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Guerrilla

Postby Guerrilla » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:45 pm

You have a favourite ward.....

I realy think you need to invest in a tattoo.

It could read.....

The owner of this skin is highly likely to hurt himself and people close by on a day to day basis and should only be approached with caution.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
fred
Super User!
Super User!

Postby fred » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:04 pm

You two are hilarious, have not enjoyed reading a little exchange like that for ages.

Ta very much

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
AngloBulgarian

Postby AngloBulgarian » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:59 pm

Hi

Read the "my cat saved my life" thread especially from page 2 onwards - it will give you a fuller understanding of just how bad the situation is!!!! http://www.mybulgaria.info/modules.php? ... ic&t=41574

Re tattoo :- i thought of "do not resuscitate; it only leads to more trouble"

No need for a bump on the topic - we've added the link for you instead! Mod :wink:

Return to “Medical & Health Care”