Anti Depressant Medication in Bulgaria

Information about Doctors, Dentists, Hospital facilities and all aspects of health care & Insurance.

Moderator: Moderator

neilmay
Super User!
Super User!

Postby neilmay » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:45 pm

Yes you can get most drugs over the counter.
But why not go to a doctor and get a perscription which last for 6 months anyway.
Most doctors speak English or know a doctor who does.
We go to the medicenter here and they are very good.
Have perscribed my husband better pain killers than in the UK.
If you are depressed then don't you want help with your problems not just pills?

owain
<b>Property Sales</B>

Postby owain » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:09 pm

brianj42 wrote:Now Owain, you know thats not strictly true, this is Bulgaria we are talking about :lol:
Maybe I was just lucky with my Pharmacist 8O

Of course,money talks here :lol:
But it does depend where you are, some will & some wont. The Pharmacies here in Blagoevgrad are quite strict, some of the ones who weren't have been closed down :wink:

Recently Pharmacies have had to register all Tranquillizers bought and sold so it's not so easy for them to sell without prescription, as neilmay points out, there has been a lot more regulation for Pharmacists in the last couple of Years.

Really the only way to find out is to ask your pharmacist . Or, go to your Doctor and explain you want to continue taking the drugs you were prescribed before.
You never know they may offer you a better alternative and I find they're far more likely to talk and spend time with you than a UK doctor.
It's none of my business but it would be far more beneficial to talk with a doctor while taking anti-depressants anyway.

BG9374

Postby BG9374 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:31 pm

No problem in the main cities once the pharmacist is familar with your face, only have to gift and these miracle medications are no problem I assure.

ChrisF
Super User!
Super User!

Postby ChrisF » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:10 pm

Not the case here I'm afraid, and I've been taking the same meds and going to the same pharmacy, mostly dealing with the same pharmacist, for four years.

Chris

chrisarvor
<b> Pool Supplier/Installer </b>

drugs

Postby chrisarvor » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:57 pm

You can get Anti depressant drugs over the counter ,
Prozac or as its called here Biflox
we get any drugs we want form any chemist and if we need something different just go to your doctor and he will give you a prescription if its a certain type of drug thats dangerous etc this script is only valid once
the other type of script does as somebody said 6 months

BG9374

Postby BG9374 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:30 pm

Antidepressants, anyone here know how a SSRI works? Find a doctor of could describe as fact how these psychoactive substances work - None of them have a method of action and they poison the water table. If you dump your sludge in the ground, be warned, storing up future problems.

Prozac is a garbage drug, all SSRI are. If have low mood try getting a blood check, if you're low on B12 then there is the problem - cashew nuts do remove low mood, have you up at dawn. Try, least wont kill you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qmi3ihrUHJU
Dr. John Rengen Virapen worked 35 years for Eli Lilly & Co as an executive. He now speaks out on the many crimes Big Pharma was and is responsible for and he himself also participated in. Unfortunately, many of its crimes go passed public awareness as it enjoys the unethical protection from its big allies, the mainstream media, the FDA and governments.

Thaibride

Postby Thaibride » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:23 pm

SSRI stands for serotonin reuptake inhibitors ,serotonin is a chemical found in the brain that gives feelings of well being. in true depression this chemical is depleted and an antidepressant will be px to increase the levels of serotonin. If depression is caused by life events like money divorce problems SSRI will make no difference in helping this type of depression .SSRI need to be taken for at least 3 mths as it takes that long for serotonin to build up in the brain synapses. The older antidepressants are called Tricyclic class .The new SSRI are not addictive, there is no such thing as a mild antidepressant its all about the correct dosage, also Tranquilizers are not antidepressants they are px for anxiety. ex PHARMACIST

Thaibride

Postby Thaibride » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:40 pm

BG9374 you obviously have no medical training and your reply is dangerous .

kazz
<b>Country Advisor/Property Finder</b>

Postby kazz » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:46 pm

The new SSRI are not addictive

But if you stop them rapidly you may experience 'discontinuation syndrome' which basically means various sort of feeling horrid which will be rapidly relieved by taking the pills again....
Apparently this is different from addiction; I know this because a drug company rep told me so, though he was never really able to explain what the difference was.....
Can you buy them without prescription....officially no, practically speaking probably, but why would you want to?

This last really isn't a sarcastic comment but an honest question. If your mental health is such that you need an antidepressant and you spend long enough periods in the UK to need to get them here, wouldn't it be helpful to have someone helping you monitor your situation and needs?

chrisarvor
<b> Pool Supplier/Installer </b>

drugs

Postby chrisarvor » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:07 am

I had forgotten why i dont reply much after these replies
so many ill informed people on here

Return to “Medical & Health Care”