Anti Depressant Medication in Bulgaria

Information about Doctors, Dentists, Hospital facilities and all aspects of health care & Insurance.

Moderator: Moderator

Thaibride

Postby Thaibride » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:09 am

Addictive drugs is a tolerance develops so the body needs more of the drug for the same effect. Discontinuation syndrome is mild and short time for the body to adjust to with drawl of drug tapering with drawl will resolve this

afedarse
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby afedarse » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:27 am

kazz wrote: Can you buy them without prescription....officially no, practically speaking probably, but why would you want to?

This last really isn't a sarcastic comment but an honest question.

Believe me there are many reasons why someone would prefer to buy these drugs from pharmacies than going to a doctor. If you don't have that kind of problems I can understand why you may find it bizzare. Personally, I have been monitored by doctors in the past and I have realised that I do not have anything to gain from this. It is a total waste of money and time. Secondly, if I move to Bulgaria I will have to find a doctor to monitor me and I think you can realise how difficult it will be to communicate with him since I do not speak the language. Furthermore, since I will go as an immigrant I will not have extra money to spend on it. For all these reasons I prefer to buy them over the counter and that is a precondition for me to move there.

kazz
<b>Country Advisor/Property Finder</b>

Postby kazz » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:35 am

OK, Thaibride....I was being a bit facetious in suggesting that the drug company rep couldn't explain the difference between discontinuation syndrome and addiction. I've seen a few reactions that I wouldn't describe as mild or short term though. A stronger and longer term reaction is possible if not common.....
This could easily degenerate into a discussion about the pros and cons of anti-depressants however, and that wasn't the OP's question.

So, staying with the point of availability of anti-depressants without prescription in Bg; I stick to my original answer...they shouldn't be, but in many places probably are available without prescription.

kazz

Postby kazz » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:51 am

It's because I'm very aware of how difficult communication on personal matters can be when one of you is speaking a second language that I favor the idea of setting up support networks before you need them and hoping that you never do; rather than getting into a situation where you need help, are feeling at your most vulnerable and have to start from scratch.

At the end of the day it's your choice however, so whatever you decide to do I wish you all good fortune with it.

BG9374

Postby BG9374 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:25 pm

Thaibride wrote:SSRI stands for serotonin reuptake inhibitors ,serotonin is a chemical found in the brain that gives feelings of well being. in true depression this chemical is depleted and an antidepressant will be px to increase the levels of serotonin. If depression is caused by life events like money divorce problems SSRI will make no difference in helping this type of depression .SSRI need to be taken for at least 3 mths as it takes that long for serotonin to build up in the brain synapses. The older antidepressants are called Tricyclic class .The new SSRI are not addictive, there is no such thing as a mild antidepressant its all about the correct dosage, also Tranquilizers are not antidepressants they are px for anxiety. ex PHARMACIST

Serotonin is also found in urine, have you every found a test for the level of serotonin? Psychiatric drugs them psychs really take the p*ss.

Is is no chemical test, that is a fact, a truth. Is no test and all psych drugs are based on theory, another fact, a truth.

SSRIs do carry many dangers, yet given no pre medical assess those hazards. SSRIs cause dependency, designed only to mask and hold no cure, more facts, more truths.

The link I provided is a medical doctor of sold prozac to Sweden, tested Prozac on German patients. More medical qualifications than needed and to write my comments be dangerous a lot less than consumption of a drug kills millions, causes real diseases, treats nothing, because is no chemical or serotonin test and SSRIs are not a development of science the product or designation SSRI invented by a marketing company.

Never consume SSRI while pregnant, they are known cause birth defects. See legal disputes of cost drug companies "billions."

Get a blood test, change of life. If you want to soak your brain away then np, but be educated consumer. No advice the intention.

SSRIs are dangerous, ruin our environment. All fact, all truth.

Thaibride

Postby Thaibride » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:49 pm

OK Kazz been facetious was lost on me. Long term safety studies on SSRI show mild short term withdrawal symptoms. I can only quote evidence based medicine ,not what lay people say they have seen.

BG9374 You are a dangerous person. SSRI developed by a marketing company your ignorance is beyond belief ,SSRI have helped millions of ill yes depression is an illness people.

Afedarse i have being to a pharmacy today and SSRI can be bought with out px as they are not addictive .It your choice if you wish to self px ,but please note if your depression is reactive to life events no improvement will be seen,if serotonin depletion in clinical trails the outcomes have been significant

EX PHARMACIST

mememe
Super User!
Super User!

Postby mememe » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:24 pm

Thaibride wrote:BG9374 You are a dangerous person.

Hmmmm. In some ways I have to concur... in that your written English can sometimes be injurious to the brain. :lol:

Following on from some previous debate about this, could you confirm if you are a native speaker or not. Disregarding debate on the content of your post, some of the spelling errors you make could not possibly be attributed to Google and at times your English is quite native-speaker-ish.

In order for me and others to further assimilate your 'advice', just 'what' are you?

Getting back on topic.... I have never taken anti-depressants but I have no problem with those who feel the need to do so, not that anyone needs my permission, of course.

I concur with Kazz, shouldn't be, but often are available off-prescription in BG.

afedarse
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby afedarse » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:27 pm

Thaibride wrote:Afedarse i have being to a pharmacy today and SSRI can be bought with out px as they are not addictive.

Thanks.

BG9374 does not know what he is talking about. Whether he had a bad experience with SSRI or he is in total mess...

kazz

Postby kazz » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:31 pm

OK Kazz been facetious was lost on me. Long term safety studies on SSRI show mild short term withdrawal symptoms. I can only quote evidence based medicine ,not what lay people say they have seen.

Ex mental health nurse.....so not quite a lay person.

There's often a difference between what happens in the lab or a clinical study and what real patients experience.

However this is still getting away from the OP....can SSRIs be bought over the counter in Bulgaria without prescription. There are enough 'yes' answers on this post to suggest that at the moment it's possible; like many things in Bulgaria this could well change in the future.

BG9374

Postby BG9374 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:11 pm

kazz wrote:

Ex mental health nurse.....so not quite a lay person.

There's often a difference between what happens in the lab or a clinical study and what real patients experience..

NB. "no method of action" Impossible to risk assess. When your consumption of a hazard, risks from no pre medical attain existing condition, when side effects include killing yourself, millions do while on these no cure drugs - where is the safety? All studies on psych drugs are suggestive, they are suggestive on the fact their designers have only theory within subject; all psych drugs hold no method of action.

Lay person? Psycho pharma industry is the planets biggest fraud. Psych nurses force no cures and no method of action dosages upon those most vulnerable.

Check out the facts, GSK, sued out of depression research, billions of bucks in real life deaths and harm. Astrazeneca, Pfizer busted for billions, get real nurse, get the facts on the factual dangers of no cure, no method of action drugs thats cause real diseases, death, harm, dependency to hook a consumer ready for the next prescription.

Study the facts nurse not the pharma marketing con. Original study on chemical imbalance is only suggestion, remained theory to-date.

Perhaps for a separate topic, display some truths about killer marketing ploys soaked up by those paid to dispense.
Last edited by BG9374 on Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Medical & Health Care”