Beware whatclinic.com

Information about Doctors, Dentists, Hospital facilities and all aspects of health care & Insurance.

Moderator: Moderator

Gazza

Beware whatclinic.com

Postby Gazza » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:14 pm

Please be aware that certain web sites are promoting themselves as independent review services and the one above has dentaprime in Varna as having almost 100% complete positive feedbac from customers (cleverly they insert one review from a customer who was not satisfied to give the illusion of being fair) certainly I was fooled into thinking they must be excellent. They portray this site as a neutral review of clinics but this is a complete lie.
I had a not totally positive experience of Dentaprime. They were far far more expensive than the UK (I paid over 850 euros for a temp plastic bridge and they tried to get me to pay over 150 Euros for a root canal which is half that price in the UK).
Anyway I wrote a very balancedd review of the clinic I stated that the dentist was excellent,I was fair and totally none agressive or abusive. When I wondered why my review did not appear I thought it was a mistake so e mailed whatclinic.com and this is what I got back cut and paste so no exaggeration

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry for the experience you have had in Dentalprime.

Unfortunately clinics only accept positive reviews as they can manage their accounts by themselves and have all necessary tools there to hide any review they want.

Best wishes,
Maria

This means that the clinics remove any feedback they do not like and yet this is presented as an independent review site.

If Dentaprime did this to me how many other reviews have they removed? and what is it they are hiding?
Please let everyone know this I am going to see if I can complain via the Consumers advice as this is very misleading, dishonest and manipulating people :twisted:

mememe
Super User!
Super User!

Postby mememe » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:00 pm

Hi Gazza,

As you correctly point out whatclinic.com does rather try to give the impression that it is an independent sourcing and advertising site for clinics worldwide. But on what you have been told, it seems that it really can't be.

Of course, it's not unusual for this to happen and I can think of several other websites from various professions where I am sure this is also the case.

Is this the specific dental clinic you mean?

http://www.whatclinic.com/dentists/bulg ... tal-clinic

If you want to put your comments up and ensure they stick, you could do it here:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpCoVXyC0xc

....and I'm sure that a Google search could find a few other more independent sites on which to post as well.

If you would like a feel-good factor, you could also reply to 'Maria' voicing your discontent about the 'impartiality' of their website and tell her exactly what you have done. (I would...) :lol:

(Added later) Their 'small print' here http://www.whatclinic.com/reviewpolicy.aspx (which most people don't bother to read, of course) seems to have it pretty sewn up about how reviews are handled. I honestly don't think complaining to any watchdog will get you anywhere as they have deceived no one.

You should have popped over to Russia :D I can get a root filling AND a crown done here for 50 quid....

Gazza

Dentaprime

Postby Gazza » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:40 pm

Many thansk I tried to post on the you tube after signing in but got an error message saying try later Hope they cannot also remove coments from that GRRRRR
Also I think your response was dead right Such a shame

mememe
Super User!
Super User!

Postby mememe » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:56 pm

Disregarding whatclinic for a moment, dentaprime have already been mentioned a couple of times here as well, one of them positive, albeit a few years ago.

http://www.mybulgaria.info/modules.php? ... ime#147182

Gazza

Dentaprime

Postby Gazza » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:04 pm

:( the comment I put on their you tube site said pending approval so not sure if they also can remove comments here too. At least this site users have been warned.
I would not be so upset if I had not been so fair and balanced in my review stating that possibly implant patients were geting a good deal due to Uk dental prices

Gazza

dentaprime

Postby Gazza » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:07 pm

Hi re the 2 mentions on this site You may also notice that neither of them actually had any treatment done at the clinic

Gazza

dentaprime

Postby Gazza » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:26 pm

Just realised that Dentaprime have even blocked comments on their video
:cry:
From You tube

If the greyed-out tab reads 'Comment Pending Approval', this means that the uploader of the video needs to approve the comment before it is posted on the site.

mememe
Super User!
Super User!

Postby mememe » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:59 pm

I expect you will find somewhere else appropriate, Gazza.

But maybe someone has got there before you? My AVG antivirus is currently blocking the dentaprime.co.uk website, identifying it as an "attack site', presumably because it's been hacked and is full of information-stealing trojans. :lol:

http://www.treatmentabroad.com/medical- ... ole-tooth/

I think that whenever services are heavily marketed in other 'richer' countries or on the internet, it's probably a sure sign that the potential rip-off factor will exist.

Gazza

The power of this site

Postby Gazza » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:58 pm

I recieved this today from whatclinic.com

"Dear Gary,

I came across your post on http://www.mybulgaria.info/ about a review you submitted to WhatClinic.com regarding Dentaprime Dental Clinic in Bulgaria.

First things first, I will be publishing your review today"

Phil
WhatClinic.com

The power of puiblicity wins. Thanks to those who read this and supported me
Gazza

herrybraun

Re: Beware whatclinic.com

Postby herrybraun » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:39 am

Thanks for sharing this clinic review site information. I also use Google reviews to find a clinic and I thinks it is one better choice.

Return to “Medical & Health Care”