feverfew plants for migraines

Information about Doctors, Dentists, Hospital facilities and all aspects of health care & Insurance.

Moderator: Moderator

Brit_trip
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby Brit_trip » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:18 pm

gimlet wrote:
The link Gimlet posted was for french marigolds possibly

It was for вратига, which is what OP asked about. However, that seems to translate as tansy, which is related to feverfew but probably not feverfew.

They are both close to chrysanthemum, which is the basis of many insecticides under the name pyrethrum. I should treat with caution!

Heres a link to the relative plants. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyrethrum
Neither are Feverfew.
My mother would swear by Feverfew for migraine. You roll one leaf (as its quite bitter) in some bread then eat it. One leaf a day was all she would have, even thought she suffered quite bad migraine, this was the only thing that actually seemed to work.
It is easier to identify by the shape of its leaves as the flower is quite generic.
Heres a pic :

http://littlegreenblog.com/wp-content/u ... verfew.jpg

Hope this helps 8)

Oh, forgot to mention, grows like billyo, so just grab a cutting and plant :wink:

devondumpling

Feverfew for migraine

Postby devondumpling » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:03 am

[Lyn wrote
Lee, you have something that looks like it in your garden. I meant to check it out!

The small white daisylike flower is indeed the one, and it is related to the Chrysanthemum. If it is in Lee's garden, I hope he lives closer to me than you! Apparently, Bulgarians regard it as a weed and get rid of it. I'm with the mother who thinks it better than anything else she has tried - I started it about thirty years ago and agree with her. I should have realised migraines could come back and brought some plant with me. I left plenty in the garden at Torquay! I know it grows like billyo, but have to find one to grab first!

carriemc
<b>Rental Agent</b>

Postby carriemc » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:28 am

Hi Dorothy
Douglas thinks I have some growing in the garden of my house in Malomir. He is going to check it out for you next time he is over.
Fingers crossed!
Caroline

devondumpling

Feverfew for migraine

Postby devondumpling » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:59 am

Thanks, Caroline. Will email you later. The ole mates are usually the best!

Dorothy

Return to “Medical & Health Care”