Leaving your body to science

Information about Doctors, Dentists, Hospital facilities and all aspects of health care & Insurance.

Moderator: Moderator

Joss
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Joss » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:05 pm

After some research, I'm told that no one has ever died and donated their body here, and the one person who has offered has not fallen off his perch yet so it's all a bit of a novelty. Thanks for your repllies

MIK_bg
Super User!
Super User!

Postby MIK_bg » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:54 pm

Bulgarians sell their living body to science more often. I was introduced to a couple of folks who routinely go to Germany or Switzerland to take experimental drugs.

Walking deads.

Joss
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Joss » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:14 pm

Tell us more MIK, I'm intrigued

ChrisF
Super User!
Super User!

Postby ChrisF » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:16 pm

Nothing unusual there, you can take part in drug trials in the UK, and be paid for it.

mememe
Super User!
Super User!

Postby mememe » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:21 pm

SheilaP wrote:There's always something unexpected and useful on here! Did the Crematorium charge for the 'burn' as it were. If so, how much? Thinking along similar lines...

It was some years ago Sheila and they certainly made a charge but I can't remember how much it was. However, below is a link to their current charges.

http://www.plymouth.gov.uk/feesandcharges

As far as I know there is no legal obligation or necessity to employ an undertaker for any part of a funeral, although I think the undertakers prefer people to think there is. To avoid accusations of 'foul-play' it's prudent to have the relevant documentation (death certificate etc) with you when transporting a corpse in any private vehicle, should you get stopped by the police for any reason...

I always do, anyway..... :lol: :lol:

MIK_bg
Super User!
Super User!

Postby MIK_bg » Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:11 am

Always? 8O It's more often than desired...

Anyway for those who don't mind death is really a huge business.

About the human guinea pigs, at least now they only perform second stage experiments as the first is more safe (In monetary and legal terms) to do be carry on in Africa....without even inform or pay the poor f**kers.

30 years ago the third world where they used to experiment were countries like Greece.

A friend got prescribed a new contraceptive from her doctor. The drug completely messed with her hormons with serious side effects. Then 10 year later she moved in France and the new doctor was really pressing her to try a new contraceptive just realised on the market. It was exactly the same drug. They tested for years on people in "third world countries“ before launching it on the main market.

ChrisF
Super User!
Super User!

Postby ChrisF » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:29 am

If you find thecanswer to your question, Joss, would you post and let us know, please?

Seedy
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Seedy » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:53 am

Plus ça change...

But it seems to me that Mik might be reading a little too much into his friend's experience nonetheless - Greece wasn't part of the Third World until quite recently. ;)

MIK_bg
Super User!
Super User!

Postby MIK_bg » Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:20 am

Dunno, it's more about mentality...US has basically same statisic as 3rd world country in terms of violence and early pregnancies...probably they share the same values system.

I'm sure 30 years ago the idea of european standard we have today was not existing and sure Pharmaceuticals travelled in the Balkans and East Europe to test their drugs with help of uncertain legislation and unaware people.

My friend found out that the drug sold in France, marketed by the doctor as very safe, was considerated like that because was on trial for a decade....in Greece.

Mat
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Mat » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:35 am

MIK_bg wrote:I'm sure 30 years ago the idea of european standard we have today was not existing and sure Pharmaceuticals travelled in the Balkans and East Europe to test their drugs with help of uncertain legislation and unaware people.

This happens today - I have a friend with a medical testing company based out of Croatia doing testing for US companies using mostly Romanians and some Bulgarians. Of a certain ethnic persuasion.

Return to “Medical & Health Care”