Leaving your body to science

Information about Doctors, Dentists, Hospital facilities and all aspects of health care & Insurance.

Moderator: Moderator

MIK_bg
Super User!
Super User!

Postby MIK_bg » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:05 am

Mat wrote:
MIK_bg wrote:I'm sure 30 years ago the idea of european standard we have today was not existing and sure Pharmaceuticals travelled in the Balkans and East Europe to test their drugs with help of uncertain legislation and unaware people.

This happens today - I have a friend with a medical testing company based out of Croatia doing testing for US companies using mostly Romanians and some Bulgarians. Of a certain ethnic persuasion.

Wich ethnic persuasion?

mememe
Super User!
Super User!

Postby mememe » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:42 pm

ChrisF wrote:If you find thecanswer to your question, Joss, would you post and let us know, please?

I think he already has thus far, ChrisF, unless some new info comes up... Although, perhaps, he could consider 'advancing the cause' and become the new 'guinea-pig'... sorry, I meant 'parrot'.... :lol:
Joss wrote:After some research, I'm told that no one has ever died and donated their body here, and the one person who has offered has not fallen off his perch yet so it's all a bit of a novelty. Thanks for your repllies

ChrisF
Super User!
Super User!

Postby ChrisF » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:19 pm

British people are paid to take part in drug trials too, and are paid to do so.

MIK_bg
Super User!
Super User!

Postby MIK_bg » Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:03 pm

I may have miss part of the original discussion but did anybody suggested just to contact the medical university of Sofia? They have also courses in english and a growing number of students from UK.
Try to write or ring:
http://www.mu-sofia.bg/node/277

Or just ask.someone to slow down in front of the university and let your body roll out of the car.
Sure they know what to do with a corpse. :wink:
Last edited by MIK_bg on Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Varnaite

body

Postby Varnaite » Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:27 pm

another option is to leave oit to Gunther Van Hagen so you can be plasticised and put on display he does some excellent work

Joss
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Joss » Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:25 am

Not sure I want to be plasticised varnaite, thanks very much.

I'm hopefully getting the documents required in the next few days, so if anyone wants copies PM me with your email address.

What a depressing thread this is - why did I ever start it? :D

Joss
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Joss » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:39 pm

Update on this...

It now seems that it's not possible to do this if you are not a Bulgarian citizen, and in my research on getting Bulgarian citizenship, I came across a lovely quote by Boiko Borisov, along the lines of 'The Roma, Turks and ex-pat pensioners are bad human meat and should go.' So I take that to mean he doesn't want our bad human meat for their scientific research - well you can see why they wouldn't :)

ChrisF
Super User!
Super User!

Postby ChrisF » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:55 pm

That's a shame, Joss, but at least we know now. Thank you for letting us know. As for Boyko.........

Seedy
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Seedy » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:12 am

Joss wrote:....I came across a lovely quote by Boiko Borisov, along the lines of 'The Roma, Turks and ex-pat pensioners are bad human meat and should go.'

Clearly time to brush up on your reading skills......

What Borisov actually said was aimed at, and delivered to, Bulgarians living abroad who he wants to encourage to return home to help the country with their skills and genes. He didn't mention "ex-pat pensioners" or say that anyone "should go" - but he did say "material", not "meat". And he was - and is - quite correct in his assessment.
Last edited by Seedy on Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Joss
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Joss » Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:08 am

Well you clearly read something different to me Seedy, maybe a totally different speech, but I assure you there's nothing wrong with my reading skills. It may be rubbish - it was on the internet so about as authentic as something you might read in the sun - and obviously your sources are not to be disputed, but if you want to make an issue of it I'll send you the link. But maybe you shouldn't take life so seriously? :roll:

Return to “Medical & Health Care”