Sun slander

Look here to read or post general articles and links about Bulgaria from the press and to advise of pending relevant TV coverage.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Pelican
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Pelican » Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:14 pm

andywillmo wrote:The sun is the biggest selling paper in the country, but nobody on this site reads it! :^o :^o Pants on fire!

Is that an accusation or a confession Andy :lol:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
andywillmo
<b>Restaurant/Bar Proprietor</b>

Postby andywillmo » Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:30 pm

Both! I take the Sun for the sport section, as any good honest self respecting football fan should. If I want to read "current world events by serious journalists" then obviously I take the Star. :lol:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Swanny
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Swanny » Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:41 pm

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
andywillmo

Postby andywillmo » Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:13 pm

tedthered wrote:
The Sun is read by people who don’t give a sh*t who runs the country so long as she's got big t*ts

Please put me firmly in that camp! and every other male member on this forum! :lol:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Wesley
Super User!
Super User!

Sun slander

Postby Wesley » Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:11 pm

Sorry andywillmo, hubby reads these forums alot and he reads the Mail and therefore thinks he should be running the country!!

M
PS other than that he doesnt need to read the Sun as he lives with my big t**ts!!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
tedthered
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby tedthered » Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:14 pm

Any self respecting sports fan would only read the quality press for sport, the Observer publishes a monthly sports magazine on the first Sunday of the month, the Guardian is good for sport, as is the Independent, The Times and the Telegraph, how anybody can read the Sun for anything even television programmes is beyond me, although I won't read any Murdoch publications if I can help it, unless there is a specific article in the Times that I want to read

The Guardian will send you a email everyday called the "fiver" which appears at about five o'clock in the evening with the latest takes on the days football stories rumours etc.

Ted the Red

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
andywillmo

Postby andywillmo » Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:43 pm

tedthered wrote:Any self respecting sports fan would only read the quality press for sport, the Observer publishes a monthly sports magazine on the first Sunday of the month, the Guardian is good for sport, as is the Independent, The Times and the Telegraph, how anybody can read the Sun for anything even television programmes is beyond me.

Ted the Red

By your reckoning then Tedska, you want a free thinking ex-Australian American, who is a member of Greenpiece but does a stint in the TA at weekends to run the country!

And you think i'm odd for reading the sports section of the Sun? :wink:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Adolf
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Adolf » Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:01 pm

Can't comment on sport, though I would have though the Sun was good for the gee-gees.

What I can say is that the "Sun online" earlier today had the story about Shields' return to the UK under the headline "Football hooligan". In the body of the report he was a "soccer fan", thus neatly covering all the options.

After a short time the original headline was pulled and replaced by "Back from Bulgaria to UK jail".

Memo from Murdoch to editor: Nice one, Bekah, good you caught that before it hit the streets of Merseyside.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Adolf
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Adolf » Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:54 pm

Here you are. Now you see it

http://news.google.co.uk/nwshp?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&tab=wn&q=hooligan

Football hooligan returns to UK
The Sun, UK - 9 hours ago
SOCCER fan Michael Shields leaves a prison in Varna, Bulgaria, with a cop after serving 18 months of a ten-year stretch for attempted murder. ...

Now you don't

Back from Bulgaria to UK jail
November 24, 2006

SOCCER fan Michael Shields leaves a prison in Varna, Bulgaria, with a cop after serving 18 months of a ten-year stretch for attempted murder.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
manxscousers
Super User!
Super User!

Postby manxscousers » Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:56 pm

The Sun doesn't like scousers and vice versa since the disgusting text and photos on the front and inner pages at the time of the Hillsborough tragedy.
Sales in Liverpool at the time tapered off unbelievably - but big t*ts will always woo the blokes :D

Return to “Media Coverage”