56-year-old Englishwoman died being bitten by dogs

Look here to read or post general articles and links about Bulgaria from the press and to advise of pending relevant TV coverage.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
dezzie

Postby dezzie » Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:49 pm

my heart bleeds for margaret and her family.but a friend of mine in sb told me that thay do have a kull of the dog packs every now and then :cry:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
RICO
Super User!
Super User!

56 year old englishwoman killed by dogs

Postby RICO » Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:59 pm

In an earlier post someone suggested buying a pepper spray as protection.
Is it legal to carry this item for dog protection,and what about cs gas?
Would a pepper spray be effective against such a large pack of dogs?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Adolf
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Adolf » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:59 am

Would a pepper spray be effective against such a large pack of dogs?

I doubt it because you've got to get each one of them up close, giving them an opportunity to hang on to your arm and you could incapacitate yourself. Dogs' eyesight is not very good anyway so knocking it out might not make much difference.

Once a dog locks on to you it won't let go. 40 years ago, while riding my motorbike through one of Bristol's less salubrious estates, a barking dog shot out and grabbed my left ankle. Fortunately I had the presence of mind to open the throttle and after about 300 yards of being held horizontal by the airstream the the runt let go and was last seen in my mirror rolling over and over, still barking. When at a safe distance I inspected my ankle and found some puncture marks reflecting its dentition, the quality of which was surprisingly good given the area.

According to some American sites the best method is to identify the alpha-dog, let it bite your hand and then shove your hand down its throat whoch will make it gag and give you the opportiunity to break its neck by pushing against the other hand. The other dogs will then immediately slink along the ground and be your best friends.

Quite a few imponderables there, but it's certainly stupid to try to pull your hand out a dog's jaws. It won't come out without lacerations. So push, what have you got to lose?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
polly
Super User!
Super User!

Postby polly » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:12 am

This is a tragic story and so sad for the family.
Packs of dogs are a problem in many countries, about 25 years ago I was attacked by a pack of dogs in Portugal, I don't know why I did it or how it helped - but I took my shoes off and threw them as far as I could .. the dogs chased the shoes and I ran like hell and managed to get into a building. Had puncture marks on my legs and had to have a range of injections.
I like dogs ... and all animals - but as we know from the uk - some animals - even 'pets' are just nasty and dangerous and need to be shot. (For that matter so do some owners who don't take care of and manage their behaviour to keep others safe !)
:evil:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
glyndwr
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby glyndwr » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:00 am

to think i was only speaking to them in july in the bar in they village nedyalsko

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Adolf
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Adolf » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:12 am

Update here. According to this report they were just a neighbour's dogs. Oh, and hubbie is a soak.

http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=88463

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Pirol
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Pirol » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:18 am

Adolf wrote:Update here. According to this report they were just a neighbour's dogs. Oh, and hubbie is a soak.

http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=88463

What do you mean with "just" and why do you think her husband should be blamed? :?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
shadrack
Super User!
Super User!

woman bitten by dogs

Postby shadrack » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:39 am

Yeh addie i dont get that either,It takes a whole new turn with a bent mayor also now involved in the tragedy.rick

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Sapper
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Sapper » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:08 am

The poor man, anybody would need a drink in these terrible circumstances and whats wrong with that? He has lost his partner and his whole future is uncertain, he must be devastated, and this "journalist" is now having a dig at him for drowning his sorrows? I think that is pathetic. Pat

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Cabbage
<b>Lawyer</b>

Postby Cabbage » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:08 pm

Yesterday it was a Bulgarian man who died bitten by dogs. It had happened in Sofia, a few kilometers from the place where I live. Again the dogs were privately owned. Nothing has changed.

Return to “Media Coverage”