Do you own something old?

Look here to read or post general articles and links about Bulgaria from the press and to advise of pending relevant TV coverage.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
leedarkwood
Mega User!
Mega User!

Do you own something old?

Postby leedarkwood » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:36 pm

http://www.sofiaecho.com/2009/07/30/763 ... l-heritage

A new law this year in Bulgaria might affect anyone that owns something old and valuable linked to Bulgarian cultural heritage.

"Under the new law, movable objects of cultural value could only be traded after they had been identified and registered by authorities, while for deals involving cultural heritage, prior written notification would have to be send to the Culture Ministry. In these cases, the ministry would have seven days to purchase the object under the same conditions as the buyer in the proposed deal. If the ministry would fail to exercise this right, the deal original buyer would be allowed to purchase the object.

The new law gave current owners of movable cultural heritage objects a six months grace period after the law went into effect, to register their property. This period is to end on October 10 2009.
With the registration of ownership, owners would also have to declare origin and method of acquisition of the objects.

Anyone who would fail to register the ownership of a cultural heritage object, would be considered a care-taker instead of owner of the object."

I have no idea how they would decide what falls into this catagory of 'movable objects of cultural value', antiques? pottery? old coins? If I buy something from the antique shop in town, do I have to register it? Where would I do this? 8O

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Cameo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Cameo » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:44 pm

A villager gave my hubby a very old 'knuckle duster' ! At first I thought it was a pewter bracelet or something, till he put in over his knuckles and did a bit of miming at boxing with it on. No idea how old it is, but it looks quite evil and would certainly break a few facial bones if used with a bit of force behind it.

Its moveable if you put it in your pocket and walk off.......... so does that come into the catagory of 'ancient movable objects' ? lol

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Joss
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Joss » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:20 pm

Mr Joss is about 104, does that count?

Return to “Media Coverage”