Street Dogs: Time for some serious campaign, surely?

Look here to read or post general articles and links about Bulgaria from the press and to advise of pending relevant TV coverage.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Nick666
<b>Property Developer/Management</b>

Postby Nick666 » Mon May 17, 2010 10:55 pm

Tandt
This article relates to the prosecution of an owner of dogs.Nothing to do with this thread regarding '' street dogs''.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
tandt
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby tandt » Mon May 17, 2010 11:06 pm

Nick,
if you look back to the O.P. , the thread actually started with this story;
http://sofiaecho.com/2009/10/19/801921_ ... e/bulletin

My link is a follow up to this story.
Trev.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
varnaman
Super User!
Super User!

Postby varnaman » Tue May 18, 2010 6:41 am

Sorry if this has been said already, but I can't read twelve pages of replies. We are talking about Bulgaria, where life is somewhat behind the UK in many respects (That's the reason many of you move there). One of the 'negatives ' is the 'primitive' way many villagers live, cutting up animals at their front gate(Seen it in different villages before any of you 'denialists' disagree), and generally only treating animals with enough consideration to keep them alive for food.
When people can't afford dental/medical care and get ----- by their government and fellow citizens at every turn, it's not easy for them to do something about this problem. Not sure how kindly many will take to us foriegners coming in and telling them how to 'improve' their country ?
I agree the problem needs to be resolved, but are there no Bulgarians who are in a position to lead the fight, with us assisting them, as that might be more acceptable to some.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
bigbulg
<b>Legal Services</b>

Postby bigbulg » Tue May 18, 2010 7:06 am

I also haven't read the 12 pages of replies so this may have been mentioned, my reply will be off topic so this will mean the death of another kittten, which is the purpose of my reply actually. In Burgas we dont have a stray dog problem but the problem is CATS!!! 100s of them, feeding from the bins and making mess's everywhere!! So, Mod when you go on your kitten extermination spree, please please do it Burgas!!!! AND maybe if we all post something off-topic we can eradicate this problem overnight.
Ok, this is "tongue in cheek" I'm only kidding, but the municipality have put new bins everywhere to stop the Seagulls and done nothing to stop ferral cats.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Joss
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Joss » Tue May 18, 2010 3:03 pm

Someone mentioned vermin earlier on this thread and out of curiosity I looked up the word in my dictionary. It gave this definition:

small animals collectively, especially insects and rodents, that are troublesome to man.

What is so terrible about being troublesome to man that they deserve to be killed? You could say that about the tax man, the neighbours, the man who ran up the back of your car yesterday and goodness knows how many others. And especially about the Bulgarian neighbour who has been bumming fags off me ever since the price went up. But I don't want to kill them all. Isn't this world here for all creatures, not just man? Who decided that humans are more important than all other forms of life?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
brianj42
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby brianj42 » Tue May 18, 2010 3:33 pm

Power and control, a lack in their life of the first and a need for the second. Its the same reason people beat their spouses, abuse their kids and go out Friday night looking for a fight. Some people have very little power in their real lives so take it out on "things" easy to abuse.

If you break it down to its bare essentials:

"Abusing an animal is a way for a human to find power/joy/fulfillment through the torture of a victim they know cannot defend itself."

Now break down a human crime, say rape. If we substitute a few pronouns, it's the SAME THING.
"Rape is a way for a human to find power/joy/fulfillment through the torture of a victim they know cannot defend themselves."

Now try it with, say, domestic abuse such as child abuse or spousal abuse:
"Child abuse is a way for a human to find power/joy/fulfillment through the torture of a victim they know cannot defend themselves."

Do you see the pattern here?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
team-oldfield

Postby team-oldfield » Tue May 18, 2010 5:27 pm

we have street/wild dogs in our village.Today one killed one of our chickens,their is a bitch ,dog and several puppies.Tommorow i am going to buy a gun and shoot them all :evil: ,they are vermin and will return ,we have alot of livestock and i cannot afford the cost(the same as most native bulgarians).As a parent myself my heart goes out to the parents of the poor child in the original post.If more people took a realistic approach to this problem maybe it could be sorted.By this i mean a nationwide cull.Not cod psychology,they are animals not "little babies"and i don't think exporting the british mindset is doing any of us any favours .David/mitko

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
brianj42
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby brianj42 » Tue May 18, 2010 5:29 pm

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Tue May 18, 2010 5:49 pm

team-oldfield wrote:we have street/wild dogs in our village.Today one killed one of our chickens,their is a bitch ,dog and several puppies.Tommorow i am going to buy a gun and shoot them all :evil: ,they are vermin and will return ,we have alot of livestock and i cannot afford the cost(the same as most native bulgarians).As a parent myself my heart goes out to the parents of the poor child in the original post.If more people took a realistic approach to this problem maybe it could be sorted.By this i mean a nationwide cull.Not cod psychology,they are animals not "little babies"and i don't think exporting the british mindset is doing any of us any favours .David/mitko

I just wonder how you are going to buy a GUN unless you are Bulgarian or, have a hunting license. You're surely not going to try and kill them with a gas pistol as that would be cruel.

Go and see your Mayor and let someone else do the shooting.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Seedy
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Seedy » Tue May 18, 2010 5:57 pm

team-oldfield wrote:Today one killed one of our chickens.....Tommorow i am going to buy a gun and shoot them all :evil: ,they are vermin and will return ,we have alot of livestock and i cannot afford the cost(the same as most native bulgarians).

If more people took a realistic approach to this problem maybe it could be sorted.By this i mean a nationwide cull.Not cod psychology...

Right-ho, Rambo! And if the neighbour steals a chicken, we can blow him away too. No need to stop there, let's waste the whole family...."even unto the tenth generation"!

What, he's a pesky Bulgarian? Okay, time for the Jihad to start! Sorry, I meant "realistic nationwide cull" - and who's gonna miss these vermin anyway?

My "cod psychology" tells me that people with no human feelings toward the other inhabitants of the planet are possibly not human in any meaningful sense of the term.

Return to “Media Coverage”