Australian family's anger at Bulgarian murder verdict

Look here to read or post general articles and links about Bulgaria from the press and to advise of pending relevant TV coverage.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:10 pm

What was this psychotic doing in Bulgaria in the first place ?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
vall74

???

Postby vall74 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:29 pm

Since when are murderers heroes? He did the crime, now he will do the time. Angry or not, the Australian family will have to understand that he used a knife and killed a guy, stabbed him in the back. The family of Jock will also have time to reflect on the case and see it for what it is. Did Jock use a knife in Australia in the past to stab somebody? He did. He did it again in Bulgaria. I say he is lucky he did it in Bulgaria and not for instance in the USA, because had he done it in the USA he would be on death row. Maybe Jock is a good guy deep down inside, but he has to pay for what he did. Once he has done his time, he should be sent to Australia and blacklisted from ever visiting a country in the EU.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
rodz
Super User!
Super User!

Australians

Postby rodz » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:58 pm

Well said Vall, if you carry a weapon of any sort at some stage you intend to use it and are possible looking for a reason to do so. A person can always find trouble if he is looking for it, and if you carry a weapon you are intent on going to areas that you will find trouble just for the sake of it. I have walked in areas in many places in this world where sane people wouldnt walk and never had problems, and never carried a weapon. Why no problem? because I wasnt looking for trouble and steered away when it was coming. Street wise.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
gimlet
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby gimlet » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:21 pm

What was this psychotic doing in Bulgaria in the first place ?

He was on leave from his duties as a "phase two recruit with the British Army's 1st Battalion Infantry Training Centre". So presumably he had completed phase 1.

Phase 1 training is intended to bring all soldiers to a base level of military competency, capable of operating in the field, force protection, operational security and displaying the other characteristics of a member of the British Army. The training embeds the core values:

* Courage
* Discipline
* Respect for others
* Integrity
* Loyalty
* Selfless Commitment

Nothing about embedding knives there. But if they produce skulls that concrete blocks can bounce off without leaving a trace the training must be pretty good.

He looks even more scary now he has a beard :x

Dishonourable discharge coming up, I trust.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Seedy
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Seedy » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:23 am

I see that Jock The Ripper is still singing his old song: "I didn't do it but even if I did, it isn't fair to blame me, and even if I am to blame they don't have a REAL legal system in the Third World, and even if they do have real courts -don't they know their ridiculous laws don't apply to ME?"

Apparently, the Palfreemans are of the opinion that killing and wounding people in a Sofia street is all in a day's work for the Oz Avenger but actually trying and finding him guilty constitutes "lack of Fair Process". I guess if the Sofia cops who turned up and found a dead body, a wounded student and a crazy with a blood-stained knife had decided to follow his example and simply gun him down in the street that would have been okay but actually banging the psycho up infringes his Human Rights to get away with murder (as long as it isn't Back Home and not a REAL person).

It seems that it's okay for the Palfreemans to roll up to a Bulgarian court, pretend to go along with the Justice system and respect the Rule of Law - but only as long as the local Primitives understand that they are supposed to come up with the RIGHT decisions. Actually trying and imprisoning an Australian, for Pete's sake - who do these ignorant savages think they are? Don't these dumb Bulgarians know that the only sensible thing to do with their criminals is to transport them to......somewhere grim and full of convicts? :wink:

http://novinite.com/view_news.php?id=126085

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
marky2484
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby marky2484 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:59 pm

What a lot of ignorant, self righteous fools on here. This young man tried to help, when he saw a mob of neo-Nazi football hooligans attacking a Roma man. This version was supported by several witnesses,including police,at first.

During the course of this intervention, tragically, a man was stabbed, and died.

The victim was from a very rich, very prominent Bulgarian family.

By the time the case came to trial, any pro-defence witnesses had changed their statements. One can only speculate why.

Pro defence police - now mysteriously ex-police-, witnesses " could not be traced". How difficult can it be to trace an ex policeman? Unless the system does not want them found.

The lingering stench of Bulgarias notoriously corrupt legal ststem has turned what should have been a case of self defence - at worst manslaughter-into a murder case. That is why people still protest this verdict.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
BusyBob

Postby BusyBob » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:45 pm

Dont tarr everyone with the same brush, self righteous ? I think you sit in judgement over people you dont know, so what makes you different then ??
supposed to be a forum for open discussion wether topics are correct or not,
free speech ? anyhow surely we all adult enough to decide for ourselves...again correct or not 8O

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
fred
Super User!
Super User!

Postby fred » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:07 pm

Hi all

You are never in a position to make a judgement unless you were in court and heard all the evidence, this is true of any court in any country. The Uk has certainly had it's share of faulty justice but at the end of the day you have to go with what you have.

It seems to me that there are some people who think that because it's Bulgaria then a fair trial is not a possibility, is this a fair assumption, probably not.

The facts of this case are clouded but the bottom line is that the man was carrying a concealed weapon and used it to injure two young lads, one of them fatally. This is not the act of a good clean kinda boy and that is why I will not waste any sympathy on him. Whether or not he went out looking to kill cannot be known, whether these two young lads and their friends were up to no good is irrelevant.

Peace all Fred.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Seedy
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Seedy » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:08 pm

marky2484 wrote:What a lot of ignorant, self righteous fools on here. This young man tried to help, when he saw a mob of neo-Nazi football hooligans attacking a Roma man. This version was supported by several witnesses,including police,at first.

During the course of this intervention, tragically, a man was stabbed, and died.

The victim was from a very rich, very prominent Bulgarian family.

By the time the case came to trial, any pro-defence witnesses had changed their statements. One can only speculate why.

Pro defence police - now mysteriously ex-police-, witnesses " could not be traced". How difficult can it be to trace an ex policeman? Unless the system does not want them found.

The lingering stench of Bulgarias notoriously corrupt legal ststem has turned what should have been a case of self defence - at worst manslaughter-into a murder case. That is why people still protest this verdict.

Strewth, mate - too right - we ARE a bunch of "ignorant, self righteous fools" but luckily we have an expert with the "inside story" to put us right. :wink:

Here we were thinking that Hristo Monev was a psychiatrist and psychologist until you kindly came along to tell us that he's really a "rich and powerful" geezer all along. I assume that "rich and powerful" is a euphemism for "no-neck businessman" but you're just kindly sparing our sensibilities in case we should ever need to be treated by Mr Monev.

Likewise we were stupidly thinking that his son was just an ordinary medical student who was intelligent and educated enough to be admitted to the top medical school in the country when all along he's a low-life "neo-Nazi thug". Since we're all so "self-righteous", I guess that our rabid anti-Australian sentiments just blinded us to the fact that the Caped Crusader was just cleaning up our streets for us.

You're right, now you mention it - "intervention" sounds so much more like someone doing his civic duty than "murder", doesn't it? Are you sure you wouldn't perhaps prefer "cleansing" or "tidying"? They've always struck me as such "neat" words.

And how deeply ignorant we are not to realize that walking the streets of Sofia with a knife in your pocket is simply de rigueur for today's young tourist and no more than a harmless fashion statement. :oops:

It appears that poor old Palfreeman is a victim of Bulgarian corruption, injustice, putrid lack of due process (have I missed anything out?) and that a statue should be erected forthwith to this peaceful and harmless little humanitarian.

I am just amazed that the judges were so short-sighted as to not call the one witness who could have given the whole picture without bothering with police, trials, lawyers and all that legalistic mumbo-jumbo.

I can just see the scene in court now:- "M'lud, please stop pretending to be a judge and pray be silent while the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth is explained to the ignorant and corrupt court by St Marky The Omniscient! " :wink:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:07 pm

Marky chooses to believe the version of events given by Palfreeman. Most people do not.

I know which version of events is more plausible to me.

Return to “Media Coverage”