British woman killed by Bulgarian in Tenerife!

Look here to read or post general articles and links about Bulgaria from the press and to advise of pending relevant TV coverage.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
DaveyBoy

British woman killed by Bulgarian in Tenerife!

Postby DaveyBoy » Fri May 13, 2011 5:09 pm

I've just heard the BBC Radio 2 news and there was a report of a British woman being 'beheaded' by a Bulgarian man in a supermarket in Tenerife! How dreadful, apparently she was a 62 year old queueing with her shopping when the guy took a knife from the shop and attacked her. It seems he then fled and was caught by security guards!

It sounds like something from a horror movie, I hope i've heard it wrong! Has anyone else aware of the alleged incident?

What a shocker.

regards

Daveyboy

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Oscar
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Oscar » Fri May 13, 2011 7:53 pm

We've seen stories like this many times in the past,and no doubt we will see them in the future.
So many people who are in positions of power and authority in various organisations that can prevent this,but instead do nothing positive or pro active,and it results in yet another innocent victim.
Until they get their act together,it will happen again,and it could be you or me or anyone else who is unlucky enough.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Hawcroft-Villa

Postby Hawcroft-Villa » Fri May 13, 2011 11:48 pm

Oscar wrote:We've seen stories like this many times in the past,and no doubt we will see them in the future.
So many people who are in positions of power and authority in various organisations that can prevent this,but instead do nothing positive or pro active,and it results in yet another innocent victim.
Until they get their act together,it will happen again,and it could be you or me or anyone else who is unlucky enough.

Not sure I understand this post!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Sat May 14, 2011 7:14 am

Awful. The world is full of crazy people.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
millomgirl
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby millomgirl » Sat May 14, 2011 8:02 am

All over the news this morning, and makes for pretty gruesome reading. Apparently it was a random attack on a woman queuing in a shop. Awful.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Oscar
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Oscar » Sat May 14, 2011 8:05 am

Hawcroft-Villa wrote:
Oscar wrote:We've seen stories like this many times in the past,and no doubt we will see them in the future.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... chete.html

Well first we have the EEC and it's immigration policy,and the suitablity of people from one country being allowed to live in another country,which COULD be a factor in this case,then we have the local police and authorites,and the way they deal with people who are known trouble makers,the care of mentally ill people and the protection of ordinary citizens from said people,the display in shops of lethal weapons which COULD also be a factor in this case,and the ease of shops and stores making it possible for anyone to walk in,pick one up and do whatever they like.All of which if they had been dealt with differently could have stopped this killing,or even just one of them,if people in positions of responsibility and foresight actually saw what was possible and did something about it.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Hawcroft-Villa

Postby Hawcroft-Villa » Sat May 14, 2011 9:14 am

Oscar wrote:
Hawcroft-Villa wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... chete.html

Well first we have the EEC and it's immigration policy,and the suitablity of people from one country being allowed to live in another country,which COULD be a factor in this case,then we have the local police and authorites,and the way they deal with people who are known trouble makers,the care of mentally ill people and the protection of ordinary citizens from said people,the display in shops of lethal weapons which COULD also be a factor in this case,and the ease of shops and stores making it possible for anyone to walk in,pick one up and do whatever they like.All of which if they had been dealt with differently could have stopped this killing,or even just one of them,if people in positions of responsibility and foresight actually saw what was possible and did something about it.

:wink: thanks for the above post, makes sense to me now, and I agree.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
gimlet
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby gimlet » Wed May 18, 2011 1:40 pm

Return to “Media Coverage”