Inside a Bulgarian detention centre

Look here to read or post general articles and links about Bulgaria from the press and to advise of pending relevant TV coverage.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
MOONLIGHT

Postby MOONLIGHT » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:53 am

Why not post a suggested alternative, for discussion?

regards

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Seedy
Mega User!
Mega User!

Re: Inside a Bulgarian detention centre

Postby Seedy » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:22 am

vall74 wrote:Horrible stuff and inhumane treatment....

What exactly are you complaining about? These people get all their bills paid and have no worries about where their next meal is coming from - if you offered a deal like that to many Bulgarian pensioners you'd have a queue stretch to Ankara.

These people chose to come to Europe knowing that it is illegal and intending to do WHAT to support themselves when they arrived? Europe has high unemployment, no need or use for unskilled labour (especially with no knowledge of the local languages), over-stretched social and medical facilities etc. If they choose to do this then why should we take responsibility for them?

The Afghan women at the end of the interview said all that was necessary: "What have we done to deserve this?" Simple - they decided to travel thousands of miles hoping to sponge off "rich" Europeans and they even decided to take their kids with them, no doubt hoping to gain sympathy. As for their "hunger strike", frankly it didn't look as though it would do them any harm at all - there's evidently not much starvation in Afghanistan.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
vall74

Postby vall74 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:28 am

I just feel bad for the kids, they were dragged into that by their irresponsible parents. Maybe if they flew them back to their countries within weeks rather than months would be a better solutions for the kids

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
mememe
Super User!
Super User!

Postby mememe » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:22 pm

Not at all a good situation to be in - but I concur with seedy. It is their actions that have got themselves into that situation, although like others, I feel for the kids.

I also am skeptical of the idea that all those men are 'political refugees' - I believe this is the standard line and although I have no proof, of course, I also doubt if many come from the countries they claim to come from. False IDs are commonplace, I believe.

So, in conclusion, I have little sympathy for the adults there and have also seen far worse refugee conditions elsewhere.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:32 pm

I saw this reporatge on Al Jazeera today - complete with inyterview with Batti Boyko.

People have to take responsibilty for their own actions. Did they expect that they would be welcomed in the EU as genuine migrants ? Political refugees ! Bullsh***** !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Put them on a plane to Kabul, Karachi or wherever they came from.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
spantrout
Super User!
Super User!

Postby spantrout » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:07 pm

You know what will happen now don't you. The Government will pay for their bus tickets to the UK.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
BROWNIE
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby BROWNIE » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:13 am

Any mother that purposely puts their child on a hunger strike is not worth the consideration of anybody in my opinion - they come across saying they are desperate to help their children while at the same time starving them!!! Pleeease

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
truckyboy
Super User!
Super User!

Postby truckyboy » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:41 pm

So the tears they hope will bring a change to their circumstances....no it wont..and i ask how did they get to Bg in the first place..they obviously had money to travel this far, so they have money to get back where they came from. I have no sympathy for these people..we have our soldiers giving their lives for their safety and future, and they are crying tears of sympathy.
The africans queing at calais waiting to get their grubby hands on our benefit system, the african lerch who after getting pregnant, bought a tourist visa for the uk, came here and gave birth to 5 kids, then applies for asylum because her sproggs wont get the support she gets here...bl**dy right they wont, and she cost taxpayers £200.000. the we have the aids stricken leeches who travel here for their medical care, no wonder theres no money left in the pot, for our own people..ist about time we came down really hard on these scroungers..i`ve seen the same group of strangers here, with their not idyllic clothing sense, yashmacs, and suchlike, even saw one driving a car the other day, how she had good vision i dont know, but as you know the foreigners get treated better than us, and are given the huge mansions, and we pay the rent of £1,200 a week, they drive big mercs, jeeps etc, who are the mugs.
So i dont have any sympathy..let them starve..less mouths to feed..

Return to “Media Coverage”