BG worst place to buy property?

Look here to read or post general articles and links about Bulgaria from the press and to advise of pending relevant TV coverage.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
bigbulg
<b>Legal Services</b>

Postby bigbulg » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:49 pm

I predict a report in 5 years time will tell a completley different story. I have the opinion that Bulgaria today offers potential foreign investors a great envronment for doing business.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
AngloBulgarian

Postby AngloBulgarian » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:48 pm

bigbulg wrote: I have the opinion that Bulgaria today offers potential foreign investors a great envronment for doing business.

I do do business in Bulgaria but this gives you some idea of the level of determination you need:-

Today i called the Burgas Chamber Of Commerce, the only number to be answered was answered by a woman telling me they had put the wrong telephone number on there web site. She had told them about it but they had not changed it. So i emailed them - the email bounced back, wrong email address!! And these are the people telling other how to do business!!

This Wednesday i emailed 20 Bulgarian manufacturers of products we wish to buy, so far precisely 0 of them have replied!!

The good thing is very few people HAVE the determination needed so if you do the competition is virtually nil.

My advice:- Houses are for living in, Businesses are for making money. On that basis Bulgaria is a great place to buy property as long as you either have a private income already or have a level of determination that borders on the obsessive.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
littlescoot
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby littlescoot » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:38 pm

In reply to seedy- we are also in Sofia and Lincolnshire!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
noddy
Super User!
Super User!

BG worst place to buy property?

Postby noddy » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:49 pm

i got my house 5 years a go for 16.000 pounds in Bulgaria
my friend got his house in the UK for 150.000 pounds
at the moment i think he is down 50.000 pounds

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
brianj42
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby brianj42 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:01 pm

Can't deny it is one of the worst places to invest your hard earned cash, where isn't at the moment (Apart from Hot Tuna Shares).

But, as a safe harbour to avoid the current financial crap, a good low cost of living, a beautiful country, and a great place to live......Priceless :wink:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Slaphead
Pig Headed

Postby Slaphead » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:07 pm

Hmmmm.
BG is and was a cheap place to buy despite the market conditions.
If you can't get it right here I'd suggest your pension plan was/is somewhat suspect.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Painter
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Painter » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:44 pm

A house in BG is for life...
not just for Christmas :wink:
Last edited by Painter on Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
yankv8
Super User!
Super User!

media ?

Postby yankv8 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:59 pm

The articleis total rubbish,based on what facts ? tell me theres no crime etc in any other city in Europe ? as for loosing money on property.... depends how much you paid where and when,Bulgaria is just another country suffering the pliight of the many,just not loosing as much,unless you was one of the stupid who purchased for mega bucks,as rightly said the UK is suffering the same,but people may be loosing more....like the last post :)

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
owenyh
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby owenyh » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:48 pm

hi noddy i bought about 7 years ago for the price off a medium priced family car and have enjoyed my place every visit so investment was never in the picture just the pleasure of chilling out and letting the rest of the planeload head off to there noisy hotels all stuck together where are you located in scotland as i am from the same neck of the woods

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Spiralbg
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Spiralbg » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:59 pm

brianj42 wrote:Can't deny it is one of the worst places to invest your hard earned cash, where isn't at the moment (Apart from Hot Tuna Shares).

But, as a safe harbour to avoid the current financial crap, a good low cost of living, a beautiful country, and a great place to live......Priceless :wink:

DITTO 8)

Return to “Media Coverage”