Wizz Air

Look here to read or post general articles and links about Bulgaria from the press and to advise of pending relevant TV coverage.

Moderator: Moderator

stew

Wizz Air

Postby stew » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:20 pm

Wizz are starting their internal flights again between Sophia and varna end of march 2017. This will give Air BG a bit of competition which is badly needed, they are releasing first flights at 19.99lev, Brilliant.

scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:07 pm

I never had positive experiences with flights between Varna (or Burgas) and Sofia. Give me the choo-choo any day !

SheilaP

Postby SheilaP » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:23 am

We just flew out from Bristol to Sofia with Wizzair. Single fare £40!! Then got the train from Sofia to Karlovo for 9 lev 1st class. Lovely train ride in one of those Agatha Christie type enclosed compartments which we had all to ourselves. Really delightful!

houseman
Super User!
Super User!

Postby houseman » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:13 pm

scot47 wrote:I never had positive experiences with flights between Varna (or Burgas) and Sofia. Give me the choo-choo any day !

Ah! If only they were REAL choo-choos! These new-fangled electric trains are entirely without character. Only the toilets are from the days of steam.

houseman
Super User!
Super User!

Postby houseman » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:17 pm

SheilaP wrote:We just flew out from Bristol to Sofia with Wizzair. Single fare £40!! Then got the train from Sofia to Karlovo for 9 lev 1st class. Lovely train ride in one of those Agatha Christie type enclosed compartments which we had all to ourselves. Really delightful!

Lucky you Sheila! When we did that trip a couple of years ago we had to suffer one of those antiseptic new trains which you can travel on in any western european country.

scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:41 am

In my days of criss-crossing Bulgaria by train I always preferred the old-style compartments. Often had interesting conversations with Bulgarians who were quite intrigued to come across a Scotsman who could converse in their tongue. Of course they all assumed I was a spy.

I liked the occasions when people asked me after speaking for a bit "Which part of the Soviet Union are you from ?" I also got "Are you from Macedonia ?" and "Are you Serbian ?"

SheilaP

Postby SheilaP » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:20 pm

Oh I wish I was fluent in Bulgarian. I try but it is worse than pigeon!

scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:50 pm

A pigeon is the flying rat that drops doodoo on you. The language is PIDGIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!

SheilaP

Postby SheilaP » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:10 am

I stand corrected but you can see my problem with learning languages..! You are a teacher aren't you?!

womble

Postby womble » Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:27 pm

Hi Sheila,
I hope to go out to BG this year using Wizzair from Bristol, what a welcome this is for people in Wales and the south west.
I hope they are doing good business (was the flight full)?
I did have our house up for sale, only because the journey from South Wales to Gatwick was a real pain in the ass and took the shine of it , now we can go away for a long weekend great .
Long may it continue

Return to “Media Coverage”