Wizz Air

Look here to read or post general articles and links about Bulgaria from the press and to advise of pending relevant TV coverage.

Moderator: Moderator

SheilaP

Postby SheilaP » Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:44 pm

Hi Womble - that's sounds a bit weird! The flight was very straightforward. The plane took off at exactly 9.45pm at Bristol and arrived in Sofia at 12.30pm, (English time). We walked to the Ibis hotel which is less than 5 minutes away and spent the night there. That cost around £38 for a double room. Very modern and very clean. They will pick you up from the airport too for free if you request it in advance. Use Trivago to make bookings.The plane was nearly full btw although there were a few empty seats at the back- not many.

So all in all, an exceptionally easy, cheap and straight forward way of getting to Bulgaria.

Sheila
P.S the flight cost under £40 with 'walk on baggage' per person. Check Wizzair's website for up to date info..

womble

Postby womble » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:15 pm

Why does that sound weird

alfandalma

Postby alfandalma » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:26 am

I am booked to fly out from Sofia on 19th December and return 5th January. I live in Dobrich. Wondering about the weather and would I be better to drive myself, fly, take a coach or train from Varna. I think all could get stuck but if I'm independent I can set off a day before the flight and at least dig myself out or find a room for a night.

scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:12 pm

I regularly use the train Kardam-Sofia when working in Dobrich - but that was in the 1990s. Service may have deteriorated. There was a good day time departure that got you into Sofia late afternoon. Avoid the slow train at all costs !
Last edited by scot47 on Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alfandalma

Postby alfandalma » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:34 pm

Kardam to Dodrich line is all rusty, so are all lines out of Dobrich, the station is closed. To catch a train it is necessary to go to Varna. Shame that the government seems to have let the railways fall into disrepair as this is a short sighted approach in my opinion

scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:33 pm

Boyko Borissov was anti-raliway. What happemnd to the Varna-Kardam service ? Is that closed ?

Return to “Media Coverage”