Interesting reading for those with debts in Bulgaria

Look here to read or post general articles and links about Bulgaria from the press and to advise of pending relevant TV coverage.

Moderator: Moderator

Malarkey
Super User!
Super User!

Interesting reading for those with debts in Bulgaria

Postby Malarkey » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:24 am

Interesting reading for those with debts in Bulgaria.
Equally of interest for those owed money

Call to attempt to stop fast sell off of debtors assets

http://www.novinite.com/articles/170177 ... of+Debtors

Also this article about hotel and apartment hotels municipal debt concerning Pamporovo. from August 2015 which states Foreigners owe the most.

Nearly cent are foreigners who for years have not paid for the purchased properties in Aparthotel. Since the beginning of the year, the administration began to make attempts to collect receivables. Foreigners have accumulated debts mainly to local taxes.

http://www.otzvuk.net/news/hotelieri-na ... m-obshtina

bigbulg
<b>Legal Services</b>

Postby bigbulg » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:26 am

This is copied and pasted from a friends Facebook page
"Good evening my friends. Take this news very seriously. The news is from Bulgarian National Television BNT from today. The news is fro English people, who bought properties in Bansko, Bulgaria and they haven't pay their tax for long period of time, but read the all news under my text. Thank you for your attention.
Bansko was unable to collect taxes from foreigners
Today, 08:37 • Yordanka Bakalska
In Bulgaria / Society • 0 comments
Bansko municipality find it hard to collect taxes from the British, who have apartments in the resort. The reason is that sometimes they can't find their addresses in the UK to get their messages due taxes.
Around 6,000 Britons own property in Bansko. By the Department of Revenue in the municipality use British post offices to send them messages taxes. Sometimes, however, the owners have changed their address, and so the letter can not reach them.
Georgi Ikonomov - Mayor of Bansko: No big obligations because they own apartment, where flat tax year is not more than 60-70 lev, but when you accumulate about 7-8 years ago, when put and interest.
Much of Britons do rely on the companies that run complex where the apartment is located, to pay their taxes.
Georgi Ikonomov - Mayor of Bansko: I do not know for what reason - whether it is an oversight in the contracts or bad faith by the company manager, but do not pay taxes. But in practice that when they receive their notice of tax due, they immediately get it imported.
The British consulate in Bulgaria offer a solution to the problem of how the owners can be found.
Theodora Maneva - vice-consul at the British Consulate in Bulgaria: We proposed a site that has it officially in the UK, which is accessible to absolutely everyone, where you can find addresses of British citizens, even if they have changed their address. In a phone number they can also be found.
Another problem that Bansko municipality meeting with the British residence in the resort is unregulated use of tourist sites on their part. Very often foreigners hired houses, which are then rented out, without having informed the municipality about it and without paying tax."

Malarkey
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Malarkey » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:04 am

And this
December 16, 2016

Публикувано във факти.бг:
Much of British property owners in Bansko not pay local taxes and fees, it became clear after a meeting of local authorities and representatives of the British consulate. Liabilities are three-digit sums because they are not paid taxes for the last 7-8 years on that flow and interest. "To hunt current addresses of owners through official site in the UK," offered the vice consul at the British Embassy Theodora Maneva, cited by BNR.

After December 19, 2016 began inspections of the municipality, the NRA and police to reduce the informal sector in the part of tourist services. The problem is that many Britons rent houses to their fellow countrymen or use property owners for making tourist services without paying tax on the services they provide.

https://fakti.bg/imoti/215413-britanci- ... -nas-imoti

johndoe3

Postby johndoe3 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:46 am

Perchance, the authorities could get some attention of these tightwads by putting the properties on Ebay.
8O :roll:

Mat
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Mat » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:16 am

The problem is not with British people not paying their taxes its municipality officials stealing what is collected or employing half their family in the municipality. There was a time when the son of the Bansko mayor had the car towing contract - nary a whiff of conflict of interest there then.

truckyboy
Super User!
Super User!

taxes owed

Postby truckyboy » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:50 am

Very similar to Pomorie, where the Car clampers, and operators of car parks and `Spiders` the ones who lift and take cars to the pound for extortionate fees ( i had to pay 80 lev myself..are operated by the mafia who own the local night club.
Anyway, regarding local fees, it seems that here in Pomorie its the russians mostly, and even some bulgarians who dont pay it as well..the service charges ( 100 lev a year ) were not going to pay because they only use the apartment 2 weeks a year !! yet openly use the lifts, lighting, and get a cleaner every wek to clean the stair ways, and walk ways. I have suggested to change the front door and the lift to a card swipe system, and if they dont pay, they dont get one..very simple system..these same people are the ones who ring other neighbours doors to gain entry, because they are too tight to buy extra keys.
The russians are guilty of not paying council tax, yet openly rent their apartments to friends and family..In my opinion these people regardless of nationality, should have their doors locked and padlocked, until they pay what they owe, it does benefit everyone if they pay, as improvements can be made around the town, and if they pay the service charges..those can be reduced instead of increased.

MIK_bg
Super User!
Super User!

Postby MIK_bg » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:28 pm

Well that is pretty common in BG and probably foreigners just took the local uses. I've been told that nobody was paying local vehicle taxes until they were about to sell the car. Obviously that worked until the annual mot required a copy of the payments.

Since they set up the fingerprints system in the ER of hospitals they could ask copy of local taxes payments prior of treatment :lol:

ChrisF
Super User!
Super User!

Postby ChrisF » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:12 pm

Property in the Gabrovo/ VT area is now being seized for non-payment of property tax

MIK_bg
Super User!
Super User!

Postby MIK_bg » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:14 am

actual problem is court selling them for too much so they stay years in thr market and nobody buy while the original owner keep using it.

I know people in such condition. They got their shop sized for unpaid taxes on sale by more than 6 years and they are still using them.

Only lots of houses/apartments from builders sold by court seem to be realistically priced for sale.

shearwater

Re: Interesting reading for those with debts in Bulgaria

Postby shearwater » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:37 pm

Hi guys need some information regarding municipal charges .We were rather naive regarding to the payment of the council tax and just assumed that what we paid for our complex annual maintenance fee included this .After we found out about this we went last year to the office in sunny beach to pay the bill and were shocked to find out we owed about 10 years arrears .That is not the worst part as turns out we were charged per person as we are joint owners of appartement .Alarreaso found out they were ready to take us to court if we did not pay the arrears and the fines we had built up .I dont mind paying the arrears as its only fair .But I do object to being charged double because of joint ownership .Any advice and help would be most appreciated ? thanks

Return to “Media Coverage”