Interesting reading for those with debts in Bulgaria

Look here to read or post general articles and links about Bulgaria from the press and to advise of pending relevant TV coverage.

Moderator: Moderator

banjo
Super User!
Super User!

Re: Interesting reading for those with debts in Bulgaria

Postby banjo » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:35 pm

Sorry guys but if your apt is jointly owned like mine is then you both have to pay your own share of municipal taxes. I have just been to pay mine for this year I paid and my wife paid the same this is how it works in Bulgaria. Why did you think that your municipal tax was paid out of your maintenance was you told this or did you assume it.Hope you can sort it out.

tedthered
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby tedthered » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:57 pm

All they do is divide the tax by 2 it is the same as 1 my wife and I pay half each and it adds up to the same as the guy in the next apartment to us pays, so you are not being done

Cheers

Ted the Red

shearwater

Postby shearwater » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:43 pm

Banjo are you saying if a place is owned by 6 people then all 6 must pay the same amount ? dont think joint owners of a property should pay double amount as the guy next door who is solo owner ?

banjo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby banjo » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:44 pm

You will not pay double, the tax is split between all registered owners so if you have 5 owners and its for example 100 lev per year all will pay 20 lev each if the guy next door is a sole owner of his apt he will have to pay 100 lev . Myself and my wife as joint owners just paid 60 lev each the cost for our apt is 120 lev this year so as the last person has said the tax is split between joint owners. You are not being cheated.

truckyboy
Super User!
Super User!

Postby truckyboy » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:45 pm

Its nice to read these points of view, or facts..since we bought our apartment in Pomorie, and seeing as we are joint owners, we have been paying the same amount each...and each has a seperate account i think the payments are around 84 lv and that is times two....not 84 divided by two. might have to have a word this year to clarify.

banjo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby banjo » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:13 pm

I have lost the will to live, if you are joint owners the local taxes are split between 2 or however many people own the property I have paid 59.60 my wife as a joint owner paid the same 59.60 the amount depends on the size of your property or apt so the total tax for the premises is split between the registered owners if joe blogs is less is it because he or she have a small studio apt. Back to the rakia.

truckyboy
Super User!
Super User!

Postby truckyboy » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:03 pm

what many of the Russians do is only register the property in one name..then the other gets away scot-free, we like to do it legally though, only argument i have is the fact they rent out, but dont like paying service charges as `theyre only there for 2 weeks a year` bl**dy hell its only 100 lev a year, yet they earn a few quid from the holiday rents..just wish they would supply more than one set of keys, as they all have seperate things to do, and with only one key, bother all the other residents..i always say, get another key and put the intercom phone down.

Return to “Media Coverage”