rewiring my house

If you have bought property and need (or can recommend) reliable tradesmen of any profession please post here.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
cherry
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

rewiring my house

Postby cherry » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:39 pm

Hi could anyone tell me roughly the cost of rewiiring my house.It is 90 msquare.thanks

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
MOD
<b>Be Generous & Give MOD a Home</b>

Postby MOD » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:51 pm

Hi Cherry, It may help if you explain what area your house is in as well.
Mod 8)

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
murroes

Postby murroes » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:01 pm

I think any electrition would need to know approx how many lights and how may sockets you would need,just to give you a rough price.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
cherry
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby cherry » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:44 pm

yeah sorry to be a bit vague.My house is near General toschevo in a small village.the property consists of two bedrooms,a living room open plan kitchen,a utility room and bathroom.i would be looking at basic light fittings and a a average amount of sockets in each room.thanks

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
sparkss

Postby sparkss » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:00 pm

The cost as an approximation is 25 leva per drop
Drop being switch socket etc This will give you a rough costing.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
xt600
Super User!
Super User!

Postby xt600 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:07 pm

cherry wrote:yeah sorry to be a bit vague.My house is near General toschevo in a small village.the property consists of two bedrooms,a living room open plan kitchen,a utility room and bathroom.i would be looking at basic light fittings and a a average amount of sockets in each room.thanks

Price will depend on many factors, and if all wiring is to be chased into the walls then this will obviously add to the labour expence. A typical BG installation should be fairly cheap, but if you want it done safely,and to 'british' standards then it will obviously cost more.
If the house is for your own use, then it is also a good idea to think carefully about what you want. There is more to it than lights and a few sockets! You may need outside lights, you may need power to an outbuilding, you may wish to have English 3 pin sockets alongside BG ones, you may wish to have linked smoke detectors ect ect.
Good planning is the key to a good installation!

Colin..

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
stewarty
drunken lout

Postby stewarty » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:17 pm

You might also want/need an earthing rod!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
xt600
Super User!
Super User!

Postby xt600 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:36 pm

stewarty wrote:You might also want/need an earthing rod!

True, but if you've got a metal water pipe supplying your house then these usually give much better readings!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
sharon45uk

Postby sharon45uk » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:26 pm

Hi could anyone tell me roughly the cost of rewiiring my house.It is 90 msquare.thanks

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there, noticed you are looking for a leccy to rewire your house. You said your house is in General Toshevo, which municipality are you in, as there are a few General Toshevo's.

My Husband is a time served electrician and has rewired quite a few houses here in BG since we arrived over 2 years ago, as well as rewiring both of our houses here.

If you would like him to give you a quote and you can say which Region/Municipality you live in, then maybe he could visit your property and give you a quote.

Regards,

Sharon

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
JD1

Postby JD1 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:38 am

Hi Sharon45uk,
Can you (or your husband) tell me if your husband wires/re-wires houses in Bulgaria in the same way as in the uk.
The only reason I ask is that I half understand the uk system of ring mains for sockets etc. I also understand the uk lighting systems. But the BG system in my house seems as if everything is wired separartely, or I thought so until I tripped a fuse to disable the outside sockets before I left BG last Summer and found that 3/4 of the house had been fused???

Regards, John :smt017

Return to “Trades People”