ROOF TILES

If you have bought property and need (or can recommend) reliable tradesmen of any profession please post here.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
MARJAM
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

ROOF TILES

Postby MARJAM » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:23 pm

HI ALL we will soon need a new roof on our villa. we have felt on at the moment. lasted about 8 years but starting to lift in places. not badly yet. we notice a lot of pot tiles but has anybody used the plastic tiles and what are they like. also what would be the cost of a full roof in pot or plastic. average cost will do. also one more question any one know of any bulgarian web sites were u can see the tiles. thank u sorry mod if its in the wrong place or i have asked to many questions. thanks

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
B52
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby B52 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:37 pm

If it is pictures you want..
paste керемиди into http://www.google.bg/images

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
spantrout
Super User!
Super User!

Postby spantrout » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:56 pm

we have bitumen tiles on the roof, been there 2 years now without problems, i know my g/f's boss made a bbq with expensive terracota tiles last year, 40% are cracked already, have no idea about plastic tiles.

Bitumen tiles were approx 25lv/sq mtr

Terracota tiles around 1lv/tile

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
noddy
Super User!
Super User!

ROOF TILES

Postby noddy » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:26 pm

This company do them they are about 31 to 41 lev a meter square plus other bits
http://www.bginsulation.com/products.html

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
BigDanny
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby BigDanny » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:20 pm

I used these on a small roof over some wooden gates. The reason I used them was to keep the weight down as it is 4 metres wide and I didn't want the roof to sag. I got mine from Montana (vibrostroi99), Price wise about the same as new terracotta tiles, weight about a quarter, 2 Kg each. You need about 10 to a sq metres. They were easy to work with but you have to plan your ridge carefully as the ridge tiles arent very wide but your simply screw the ridge tiles on,,, also the tiles as well if you want to.
I wouldnt guess what construction & strength your roof is but it may be that lighter grade timbers were used if it was specifically for roof felt.
Of note I prefer where I can to use the old roof tiles as they are good with frost/ice
As to the stability of the pvc tiles in the sun , only time will tell.
Hope this helps. Danny

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
paul-alice
Super User!
Super User!

Re: ROOF TILES

Postby paul-alice » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:25 pm

MARJAM wrote:HI ALL we will soon need a new roof on our villa. we have felt on at the moment. lasted about 8 years but starting to lift in places. not badly yet. we notice a lot of pot tiles but has anybody used the plastic tiles and what are they like. also what would be the cost of a full roof in pot or plastic. average cost will do. also one more question any one know of any bulgarian web sites were u can see the tiles. thank u sorry mod if its in the wrong place or i have asked to many questions. thanks

www.bramac.bg

hope this helps,

paul

Return to “Trades People”