Building Suppliers Razgrad Area

If you have bought property and need (or can recommend) reliable tradesmen of any profession please post here.

Moderator: Moderator

Ontario
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Building Suppliers Razgrad Area

Postby Ontario » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:57 pm

Good suppliers and prices in the Razgrad area?

Electrics, Plumbing, IBCs, solar water heaters initial projects.

neilmay
Super User!
Super User!

Postby neilmay » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:59 am

Go to your local Building shops and find them out.
Or employer a builder.
Go to the bigger outlets and LOOK at the prices.
Find out from your neighbors.
That's Bulgaria.

Ontario
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby Ontario » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:57 pm

neilmay wrote:Go to your local Building shops and find them out.
Or employer a builder.
Go to the bigger outlets and LOOK at the prices.
Find out from your neighbors.
That's Bulgaria.

Thanks for reminding me why I'm leaving the UK.

Was hoping for some ballpark prices so I could judge which materials to bring over with me.

As for employing a builder ????????? Why would I overpay someone else to do something I am capable of?

BG9374

Postby BG9374 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:39 pm

During renovations, a building permit requirement or, any permit?

neilmay
Super User!
Super User!

Postby neilmay » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:16 am

http://www.praktis-bg.com/
http://www.praktiker.bg/praktiker-inter ... index.html
http://www.baumax.bg/c/cms/frontpage
And use google translate.
Most materials available here now.
The only thing I would get is loft insulation, but big and bulky so saving????

Guerrilla

Postby Guerrilla » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:42 am

There will be a local builders merchant close to you no doubt and the prices will be 25% lower and more than the big superstores. This is my own recent experience.

There is a local shop near me and I went in and explained I was building a Granny flat, proposed to spend around 10,000 lv with a supplier and asked for a further discount.

I negotiated all materials shop prices -8% and -5% on cement as the margins are low for this apparently. Worked out well for me to the tune of around 700 lv.
I shopped around a bit though and as per a previous post this is the way to make savings.
My concrete path slabs I bought from the same company that supplies the town footpaths so had to go into the town hall and get his number etc etc. Double the price in Baumaxx so was happy to do this. 10 minute conversation saved me 500 lv.

It is hard to say what the general prices are, they are definitely cheaper than the uk but I would not know the costs in the UK to the penny...

My advice is to buy where your neighbours buy and ask them a lot of questions, people are very nosey so interested to help you as they get info on what you are doing along the way and can discuss it on the benches in the street :lol:

List out 5 materials you want to know the price of and i will digout my receipts.
That should give you a ball park.

k9uxl

Postby k9uxl » Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:33 pm

hi
1st of all i cannot give you names of suppliers of building materials as all my renovation work and building has over the last 6 years have been done by a local bulgarian builder
i to live in the same area between razgrad and popoovo were there re some good builders merchants/ yards just drive round and look
also look on line at web sites like www555 or prodavalnik.com
one thing you must add to your material costs is transport wich depending on types of materials can add as much as 10% min my solution was to purchase my own 3.5 ton tipper truck witch i later sold on good luck with your projects

Ontario
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby Ontario » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:36 pm

Guerrilla wrote:
List out 5 materials you want to know the price of and i will digout my receipts.
That should give you a ball park.

Many thanks for the offer and thanks to K9UXL for the info also.

5 materials:

Electric Cable 1.5mm twin and earth ideally (100m reels)
Electric Cable 1mm twin core or 2 singles (100m reels)
MIG wire (ideally 0.6 mm)
Hot water tank
1000w Inverter
75mm Box Trunking (Galv)
Argon or CO2 Gas refill (ok I know not strictly a material and item 6.5 but I'm often told I'm a cheeky mare :) )

Return to “Trades People”