cost of unskilled labour

If you have bought property and need (or can recommend) reliable tradesmen of any profession please post here.

Moderator: Moderator

troyan
Super User!
Super User!

Postby troyan » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:17 pm

I find there is a bit of a trend of hard luck stories, quite a lot around the coastal areas where people have obviously tried to get as near to the coast as possible on a non existent budget, or similarly inland have been drawn to incredibly cheap properties, and obviously ended up in the worst areas in BG

There are such properties to be found in any country and you will end up in a s h i t area.

but in BG there are cheap properties in nice areas surrounded by nice people.

paul-alice
Super User!
Super User!

Postby paul-alice » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:54 am

Luckily we bought in a village and having the house for nine years have never had any problems,
using Bulgarian builders, plumbers, electricians you have served me well with price and quality.

The ones who were usless were brits claiming to tradesmen, the last one claimed to be a carpenter which resulted in a bodge job and was put right by a bulgarian.

MIK_bg
Super User!
Super User!

Postby MIK_bg » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:58 am

Of course truth is always somehow in the between.
Since I had with that woman an indeep conversation about the matter I've told her that "cheap“ was between the basic reason a foreign would choose bulgaria, and how most of them are low income...she did not belived it. Of course. Differently her dream to live a "good (spoiled)life“ will collapse. Then what I like of bulgarians is the inability to detect where economy is ending.
They better speed up if they want to buy their suv before economic collapse.

Then apparently bulgarians are suffering working force shortage in medium size centers. They cannot find workers, or at least not for minimun wage...they were crying over been forced even to pay the minimum wage. So still I cannot make out from their quotes how much money the company owner wants to retain. Knowing thr prices of the materials and expances and how much they pay workers...the difference is quite astonishing.

Also a bulgarian friend was reporting how bulgarians aswell are in waiting list 6/12 months to get constructions, repair etc jobs done from decent skilled workers.

Time to import workers...I can find overall cheaper and more reable workers in Italy...and bring them here would cost me less than what bulgarian builders companies try to rip off

troyan
Super User!
Super User!

Postby troyan » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:45 am

The Syrian tradesmen who must be travelling through are missing a trick, there must be builders amongst them. They are seemingly obsessed with trying to get to the UK although they would have a good chance in BG, surely the money they must spend getting there would buy them a plot in BG and the first step to EU citizenship.

Personally I cant see Italians being the same cost as BG builders

similarly to Paul Alice Ive never had a problem with builders or unskilled labour in BG, infact I have been quite impressed with some builders.

MIK_bg
Super User!
Super User!

Postby MIK_bg » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:27 am

Overall cheapers that builders companies specialized in ripping of foreigners.

When your material cost 5%, the workers get another 5%...and you want to make 90% profit..for crap jobs you have to remake... You see how an italian builder is cheaper.

Oscar
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Oscar » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:56 am

paul-alice wrote:Luckily we bought in a village and having the house for nine years have never had any problems,
using Bulgarian builders, plumbers, electricians you have served me well with price and quality.

The ones who were usless were brits claiming to tradesmen, the last one claimed to be a carpenter which resulted in a bodge job and was put right by a bulgarian.

What a heartwarming story,and so true too.Lots of great new build apartments,renovations and extensions,landscaped gardens been going up for years round where I live,many going to Russian buyers who have the cash to spend and don't have to penny pinch.
Know how to source your builders/workers and you won't have a problem,I never did and had a complete renovation done,floor and wall tiling,inside and outside insulation,fabric walls,extension,great work by Bulgarian builders and companies.
Young Roma guys working like trojans gutting rooms and taking furniture up and down 10 flights of stairs,no problem whatsoever,doing inside insulation that they learned how to do in college,all at a price I was more than happy to pay............love to see the whingers on here labouring in 90 plus degrees for a few levs a day.
Loads of building work still going on around here and everything looking great that has been finished so far............village life?...........cock a doodle doo,to you.

FlagHostel

Postby FlagHostel » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:10 pm

Samokov itself is ok troyan, plus all the surrounding villages are fine too. It's just the pikey mentality of some of the people living there, I cant b bothered. Even my neighbour, last time I flew to London, I offered to take a bag of clothes to give to his son. When I got to Sofia airport, I thought id better just have a quick look in the bag to see it was only clothes. Wrapped in the clothes in tin foil was a kilo of weed ! I knew nothing about. So I binned the weed in airport bin and just took the clothes. I'm fed up trying to help ppl in the village so I just sold up last month. Now I'm living in brasov with my Romanian friend gaby. I'll drive down to bg to do any house sits for ppl. But other than that, I cant be bothered with bg mentality anymore. I have taken the country as far as I can...

Mat
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Mat » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:45 pm

Jesus and you still delivered the clothes? I'd have some back and seen him with a bunch of blokes and a shovel. You could have got ten years!

FlagHostel

Postby FlagHostel » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:09 pm

Exactly mat.

I just cant be bothered to live in a village surrounded by thieves and w a n k e r s. So I've sold up and moved

scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:33 pm

Flag

Bulgarophobia seems to be your main qualification when it comes to offering your services as a housesitter.

Return to “Trades People”