In need of a friend!?

Travelling to Bulgaria on holiday or on a property inspection trip? Post travel dates and locations here and meet fellow My Bulgarian's on the way...or when you get there!

Moderator: Moderator

JoBo

In need of a friend!?

Postby JoBo » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:20 pm

Hi my name is Justin Boland and I am 35 years old from Dublin. I have been living in Bulgaria for the past 6 years. Me and my wife love the outdoors and I like to play tennis (Badly)
I am married to a Bulgarian lady (Ani )and we have two wonderful boys Alekzander who is 5 and a half and Ryan who is 1 year and 9 months.
We currently live in Varna and we deal with kids toys.
The reason I decided to post on this forum is I would love to find a friend who speaks English around my age. We are all aware the culture here is very different and it has been hard to make good friends and I feel it is time to make an effort. I miss my pals back home and used to love to have bbqs and go on picnics and go out for dinner from time to time. I do have some friends here Bulgarians but as I said it can sometimes be hard to relate and have a good old chat!

I hope there is someone out there who is also in need of a friend or family friend.

Justin

1abroad

Postby 1abroad » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:31 pm

Hi, have a look through the property owner search ( in green on the left ) and it will bring up a list of members in your area. Do you have any hobbies? If so post about them and you may find like minded English people. My partner Pete and I are about 2 hours away but you are welcome to come and visit if you wish. Good luck with finding some friends.

varnagirl
Super User!
Super User!

Postby varnagirl » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:34 pm

hallo JoBO..im in your area but not your age group !! :cry:
but I do know how you feel ..it can be very lonely here ,even after a number of years... so i wish you luck in your quest..there are quiet a few "chaps" around on here in varna an more your age group and im sure they will appear soon

FAYESY

Postby FAYESY » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:20 am

Hello guys,

Not in your area but am your age group - I am English & my husband is Irish. Only been here since late December - we are near to Popovo.

Always happy to make new friends.

doberden
<b>Property Sales/Rental/Management</b>

Postby doberden » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:40 am

Hi Justin

Totally agree with you, i am in the same boat, i am however lucky that i have a friend visit once a week to talk total nonsense with beer :D :D

Glad to see your doing ok is Morris (dad) still doing the karaoke circuit in Spain?

You need another post to pm, do so and i will give you simons email, im sure after 20 years he will be happy to catch up with you :)

Doberden

Hoowster
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Hoowster » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:27 am

Hi Justin... I believe that we are customers of yours...LOL
We are in VARNA have 2 children, 4 and 2, Im a Brit and my girlfriend is Bulgarian.

Your problem is that the remaining expat population in Bulgaria seems now to be predominately over 50, indeed many are pensioners and over 65.
Add a VARNA address into the equation and the list gets much smaller.
We are Lucky in that most of our friends in their 30's/40's with children are Bulgarians; a few speak English and prefer western Culture but yes understanding our humour, music & sharing a common past enables a different discussion to take place.

The other section of the Varna community you might be interested in is the single people still here. I know of at least one part/ Irish guy your age who is still here.....

8)

splodgebabae

Postby splodgebabae » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:28 am

hi, we are in popovo and have regular meets, we with 1abroad and pete, all same area. come and pop by for a day and we can meet up at the fishing lake, have bbq and introduce you to lots of people. anyone else wanting to meet up, just pm me your number and will bell ya for a cuppa or beer!!

JoBo

Postby JoBo » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:58 pm

Thanks so much everybody for replying.
@Doberden- My dad is fine, still living in Marbella.
@Hoowster Nice to hear you are customers of ours! Have we met in the shop before? If you ever fancy meeting up with the families that would be lovely.
@Splodgebabae, 1abroad and pete if we are ever coming your way, will be sure to contact you! Thanks for your king invitation. Can you please PM me your number. And if you are coming to Varna, would be lovely to meet up.

dje

Postby dje » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:19 pm

Hi JoBo

What a shame, you are in Varna and we are in Yambol. My husband and I have been here for nearly 4 years. We have a son who is 5. Although, we are quite lucky as do have a couple of similar age group friends, that live quite close to us.

I put a post on here, looking for other expats with kids but in the Yambol/ Burgas area, I got 1 pm immediately and got a 2nd pm, 3 months later. So if you don't find anyone immediately - someone may come across your post at a later date!!!

All the best.

AngloBulgarian

Postby AngloBulgarian » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:26 pm

Hi - Just a thumbs up and keep a stiff upper lip, im about your age and the GF is 23. In no way dissing the 65+ brigade who make up the majority of Brits over here (some of whom have been incredibly helpful to us!) but it can feel like a bit of a barren wilderness social wise.

Were in the Burgas region and dont get to Varna im sorry to say but post your interests / hobbies - if were both planning to go cross Europe on jet powered unicycles it may well be worth a meet. LOL

Return to “Meet and Greet!”