New to Sofia

Travelling to Bulgaria on holiday or on a property inspection trip? Post travel dates and locations here and meet fellow My Bulgarian's on the way...or when you get there!

Moderator: Moderator

Roxlocal

New to Sofia

Postby Roxlocal » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:57 pm

New to Sofia and would like to meet some ex pats

Seedy
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Seedy » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:16 pm

Welcome!

I hear the Irish bars in town are the place to meet ex-pats, although I've never actually been in any of them myself. :lol:

BG9374

Postby BG9374 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:15 pm

Went to Dobrich, found Irish bar, sold no Guinness, went to Varna and found Irish bar (yes, avoiding the topless bar sited above) their Guinness tap was dry.

Yes Sofia does Irish bars with Guinness, two of I have found.

owain
<b>Property Sales</B>

Postby owain » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:22 pm

BG9374 wrote:Went to Dobrich, found Irish bar, sold no Guinness, went to Varna and found Irish bar (yes, avoiding the topless bar sited above) their Guinness tap was dry.

Roxlocal is looking for ex-pats not Guinness :lol: :lol:

brianj42
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby brianj42 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:22 pm

Sod the Guiness and the ex-pats, where's the topless bar ? 8O

Spiralbg
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Spiralbg » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:22 am

BG9374 wrote:Went to Dobrich, found Irish bar, sold no Guinness, went to Varna and found Irish bar (yes, avoiding the topless bar sited above) their Guinness tap was dry.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Spiralbg
Super User!
Super User!

Re: New to Sofia

Postby Spiralbg » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:35 am

Roxlocal wrote:New to Sofia and would like to meet some ex pats

Hi there,

I'm a British expat, I've lived in BG for about 5 years permanently, 2 of which have been spent in Sofia. It's a great town, lot's of beautiful things to see and plenty of business opportunities / work.
It's definitely the place to be.

If you want to meet expats, there are a few Irish bars in town, one of which has a meeting every Thursday for expats. I have never been to one of these meetings to be honest but I hear it's fun - and definitely a step in the right direction if you want to meet other expats.
I think the meeting was held in the Irish harp, which is on a small street off the bottom of Vitosha Blvd. Its a great pub, I've been there plenty of times, they have a great karaoke on weekends, which is actually full of Bulgarians....
The other Irish pub which I like is JJ Murphys, the food and service is great but the prices are slightly higher than other local restaurants and bars.
Check google or facebook, you should find some kind of group there.

If you need any help or advice, feel free to contact me ;)

Good luck!

Spiralbg
Super User!
Super User!

Re: New to Sofia

Postby Spiralbg » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:16 am

Roxlocal wrote:New to Sofia and would like to meet some ex pats

This may be of some help (it's an Email from an expat group organizer in Sofia)....

The summer is over but the party is not. Let’s get together, meet some old friends and get to know new people.

Date: 28.09.2011
Duration: 20:00 - 23:00
Theme: Great people + a drink = a perfect Wednesday evening
Venue: Pop Art Café; Sofia, 1 Patriarh Evtimii bul, in the lobby of Odeon cinema (бул. Патриарх Евтимий 1, кино Одеон)

This event is free!

Please, confirm coming at info@bulgalien.com or at the event page in facebook (http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=223025431088199 )till 11,30 on 28.September.2011 so that we can reserve enough seats in the restaurant. Help us popularize the BulgAlien events by inviting your expatriate friends and sharing this on FB!

The BulgAlien meetings are open social gatherings, organized once every month. Don't worry if you don't know anyone from the group - come to meet new people, enjoy interesting conversations and have a drink :)

Please write down this telephone number, in case you can't find the group: + 359 898 823 725, Svetlio

More info at:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=223025431088199

Enjoy life:
Deyan and Svetlio
/The BulgALien team/

geocyd

ex pats

Postby geocyd » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:58 pm

Hi.... Did you find any ex pats? If you are ever Blagoevgrad way (100km south of Sofia on the way to Bansko) and want to chat to an English man, i have a restaurant and bar in town, your welcome to pop in for a beer anytime....Mark

kevinb

Postby kevinb » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:33 am

Hi Mark
we moved from sofia to bansko a few days ago but are always in your neck of the woods,where are you and whats the name of your rest ?

Return to “Meet and Greet!”