Looking for friends in Balchik

Travelling to Bulgaria on holiday or on a property inspection trip? Post travel dates and locations here and meet fellow My Bulgarian's on the way...or when you get there!

Moderator: Moderator

shebry
Super User!
Super User!

Re: Looking for friends in Balchik

Postby shebry » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:48 pm

Corker, 10 years ago you could have held a party and had a full house, Bulgarians and expats all together, it was great.
Sokolovo. a few miles down the road from Balchik was called Little Britain with over 50 expat families living there, but now I would be surprised if there were 10 families living there and there are many properties up for sale. I might add it doesn't appear if they are selling. With the countries population down from about 9 million 10 years ago to about 6.5 million now it's obvious that things are changing and with Bulgaria joining the EU, I am sure that has helped, especially with agriculture and the quality of the road's now. What I would like to add on a positive note is that Bulgaria is becoming a holiday hotspot with more flights and they are all sold out. We can't all be wrong

bullador
Super User!
Super User!

Postby bullador » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:29 pm

Hi Shebry, it depends where your property is and the price you want for it that determines whether it sells or not...A friend of mine has done three houses up and has sold all three...he prices them right and his workmanship is good on the renovations.
I agree with you though about things being very slow in selling, and also about the population going down, its sad. I think there are still more than 10 families in Sokolovo but there are alot of people going back to the UK...........I think whoever built those bungalows in Sokolovo had no idea of what people were looking for, they are too close together and all the same.....Not good...

banjo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby banjo » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:38 pm

The news that the population is dropping like a stone is very worrying also 70% of all apts are empty so not much chance of selling. But there is good news that tourism is up again this year with a plan to get tourism an all year round plan.

corker
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby corker » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:07 pm

Shebry, there certainly are more flights from Varna airport. It looks like German destinations (Leipzig, Hannover, Dusseldorf, Berlin) replacing several Russian destinations. Maybe these German tourists will be the next generation of buyers in the Bulgarian property market.

truckyboy
Super User!
Super User!

Postby truckyboy » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:23 pm

Hi Shebry..long time no speak..the last time was when we met in Pomski..anyway..i have heard the Germans are returning..and the russians have been offered Visa free for Turkey..so i guess many may go there..as for me and Krassi..we`re staying put.
Got a message yesterday that there was a mini Tsunami in Pomorie, Bourgas region..roads flooded and water up to car windows..cant find anything else about it..but the Bridge from Sarafavo to the airport has been closed, and basements there also flooded..thankfully no casualties.

paul-alice
Super User!
Super User!

Postby paul-alice » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:07 am

We run a guesthouse near Dobrich and have bookings up to november with house hunters, we have french here now looking to buy as they say france has become very expensive to live, and some english coming after them and shall be doing the same.

Return to “Meet and Greet!”