Looking for friends around the Burgas area

Travelling to Bulgaria on holiday or on a property inspection trip? Post travel dates and locations here and meet fellow My Bulgarian's on the way...or when you get there!

Moderator: Moderator

jonksy
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Looking for friends around the Burgas area

Postby jonksy » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:21 pm

Hi
I am 23 years of age and i am looking for some friends around my age. I have been living in BG for a year and a half now and i do enjoy it, its just i dont really have any friends that are my age.

Thanks

yankv8
Super User!
Super User!

friends

Postby yankv8 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:57 pm

I dont think theres any young uns on here mate,cant you make mates with emglish speaking Bulgars,especially the young ladies....
There may be one or two here but in the Burgas area ?

bigbulg
<b>Legal Services</b>

Postby bigbulg » Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:34 am

Burgas Area"??? Mmm, now if you said Burgas i could recommend a few places.

jonksy
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Friends

Postby jonksy » Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:03 pm

Hi Thanks for the replies, however i am a 23 year old female, just looking for friends in the Burgas area.

shaggy
Super User!
Super User!

looking for friends

Postby shaggy » Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:26 pm

hi we live in the Elhovo area our 20 year old daughter has the same problem may be you could chat on face book.

walkage
Super User!
Super User!

Postby walkage » Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:17 pm

Hi
I am a dirty 60 year old who is looking for young girls - will i do.. :?: :?:

Ok well if failing that.. :D :D we go to Burgas a few times each year and see many young people out and about...so there are young people there and maybe it may be worthwhile to visit local cafes etc to have some chance meeting etc. To sit at home or to wait to meet young English people is not the way to go.
Do you speak Bulgarian? If not then maybe look for a teacher who could then lead you to contacts..many chances -but in a new country it's up to you to make the first moves especially as Bulgarians tend to be 'unfriendly' but from experience - break through that barrier with a nice smile and you will find warm hearted people.
All the best to find new friends.

Hippyboy
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Hippyboy » Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:15 pm

I'm with walkage on this one , make some Bulgarian friends . I don't know what your taste in music is , but there are a number of festivals during the summer which are good places to meet people and make friends . Another option might be to work as a volunteer on one of the organic farms for a few weeks ; obviously right now is not the time for that . There are a lot of young Bulgarians who are keen to practice/ learn more English , so maybe you could find a Bulgarian friend who could teach you better Bulgarian , and you teach them English . Good luck , Tim .

allet
<b>Property Sales/Rentals</b>

Re: friends

Postby allet » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:12 am

yankv8 wrote:I dont think theres any young uns on here mate,cant you make mates with emglish speaking Bulgars,especially the young ladies....
There may be one or two here but in the Burgas area ?

I am a young un' :)

But yes I'm the same, I don't have too many friends around my age - especially ones who do not work in the same kind of business as me (sometimes its nice to talk about something othan work) and that is the only reason why I don't live in Bulgaria during the winter too as I fear I will get too bored when business is quiet..

Return to “Meet and Greet!”