Ruse - anybody out there ?

Tell others here about the town, area or village you have bought or actually live in...positives AND negatives!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
theweeton
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby theweeton » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:52 pm

Thanks benee0 this is the sort of thing i a looking for the main bulk of the building work is done all that is left is the final fix and a few odds, we are spending our month looking at suppliers of fittings, furniture, kitchens and bathrooms and getting the next phase ready

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
benne0

Ryce

Postby benne0 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:05 pm

Will get the details off her and PM them to you

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Elfa
<b>Language Tutor</b>

Hi everybody

Postby Elfa » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:28 pm

I am from Bulgarian from Ruse but currently living in Glasgow. We bought a house in a nearby village Tetovo as a lot of my family lives there (my parents included).
It will be great when I go there for my summer holidays to meet somebody who has bought in the area. Please get in touch.
If you need some local info or help - contact me.

Cheers,
Lina

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
theweeton
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby theweeton » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:06 pm

Hi Elfa, your village is mabe 30 minuits from ours, I will get in contact with you if only to find out why Glasgow instead of Ruse :wink:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Elfa
<b>Language Tutor</b>

Why Glasgow...

Postby Elfa » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:25 pm

Hi theweeton,

I can answer that quite easily. I came 6 years ago with a grant for a PhD in Paisley. Then before I finished mine my husband started a PhD in Glasgow so we are here for now (at least until he has finished his PhD).
I would love to go back to Ruse if only we can find well paid job and facilities to do research and teach...
I would love to meet you to see how are you getting on there.
What is the name of your village?

Cheers,
Lina

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
theweeton
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby theweeton » Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:22 pm

We are not actually there yet, the village is Ostrista, east of Dve Magili, in the valley, about 500 people we love it . The house is being renovated and should be ready in a couple of months. We are going over ourselves for a month in March looking at fixtures and fittings , that sort of thing. We have a business in Blackpool a B and B which we are in the process of selling once sold we will be in bulgaria full time

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Elfa
<b>Language Tutor</b>

Postby Elfa » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:39 pm

Hi theweeton,

I know roughly where Ostritsa is but I have not been there. Hopefully we can meet there in the summer. I will be in BG from 26-06 till 23-07.
Do you know anybody else from that area?

Cheers,
Lina

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
theweeton
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby theweeton » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:17 pm

We have english friends Living over in Ivanavo, they have been over there two years we have met about 10 or 12 of their uk friends all living within 30 minutes of us also some of there bulgarian friends. once we are over there ourselves we have a base to start from so it should be good, I intend to do a lot of fact finding and bridge building in the local bar sort of mix business with pleasure.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
welshcouple
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

shirokovo

Postby welshcouple » Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:02 pm

Hi WE have a house in Shirokovo, which is not far from dve mogili (TWIN PEAKS) in english, we dont live there at present but live down south in Tenevo, ne yambol., any news on the surrounding villages
chris

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:13 pm

I know that 'Twin Peaks' sounds more romantic but 'Dve Mogili' is translated as 'Two Mounds' or 'Two Hills'

'Mogili' is used to describe the Thracian burial mounds that are found all over Bulgaria.

Return to “My Place!”