Visiting Central Varna? Varna News

Tell others here about the town, area or village you have bought or actually live in...positives AND negatives!

Moderator: Moderator

poulton
Super User!
Super User!

Postby poulton » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:01 am

See here, though the new venue hasnt been updated yet :(

http://www.oneillsinvarna.com/

Tiarnan
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Tiarnan » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:36 pm

Maybe its not gonna reopen. Could never understand how it ever did remain open.

poulton
Super User!
Super User!

Postby poulton » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:05 pm

The tiny outside bar (run by O'neill's), used to do fair businesss in the summer.

Hope that is still going to open :(

varnagirl
Super User!
Super User!

post subject

Postby varnagirl » Mon May 09, 2011 8:21 am

Europe Day will be celebrated with a gala concert in Varna

Moreto.net

Today, May 9, 2011 09:33

Today, 19.00 with a gala concert to mark Europe Day - the most important holiday in the life of the European Union. The concert is under the patronage of Mr. Pavel Dimitrov - MP from Varna in the 41 th National Assembly of Bulgaria. In this special musical event will attend the entire stock of TMPTS-Varna State Opera orchestra, choir, ballet and soloists, conducted by Ivan Filev.

Writer and director Kuzman Popov took care to renew the public stage a dynamic vision, with elegant scenery, spectacular costumes and best-loved works of the great European composers Beethoven, Verdi, Puccini, Rossini and others.

"The idea is that all works, regardless of their different style and different suits by the age to be exposed in one frame, symbolizing the European Union with its cultural diversity. Solely on the basis of reciprocal exchange between the national cultures of all European countries is possible and progress of modern European culture. I believe this message of our concert will reach viewers ", is convinced renowned artist, created many of the landmark productions of the Varna Opera.

For the first time gala concert will have its own moderator and this will be the actor of the Drama Theatre "Stoyan Bachvarov Vladislav violin.

Gala concert will begin with Bulgarian music - "Rachenitsa» by Petko will continue with the "People of the Jews" from Nabucco by Verdi, aria and duet of Butterfly and Pinkerton in Butterfly from the opera "Madame Butterfly" by Puccini, Kavatina of Figaro and the duet of Rosina and Figaro in "Barber of Seville" by Rossini, Habanera, Gypsy songs and verses of Escamillo in the opera "Carmen" by Bizet and others. Culmination end will come with "Ode to Joy" from the famous Ninth Symphony of Beethoven, which became the anthem of the European Union.

Comment

Hoowster
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Hoowster » Wed May 18, 2011 2:34 pm

VARNA summer is now officially on.....

I know because the little train is now running from just inside the Sea gardens gates* to the Zoo. Fare is 1 leva one way (2 Leva return).....Zoo entrance is 1 Leva for adults and 50 stotinki for kids 3 to 7 years of age. Over 7's 70 Stotinki.
My advice is to take the Train to the Zoo then walk slowly back to the Sea garden gates.....Coffee and a sit down to watch the promenade or drop down to Varna beach.

8)

* (Near the Festival Complex, Hotel Odessos, Happy Grill)

poulton
Super User!
Super User!

Postby poulton » Wed May 18, 2011 4:11 pm

Thanks for the update.

I will be over in the next week or two.

Any news on O'Neill's yet? Where do the expats go now, if it is closed?

I suppose it is too early for the seafront bars/restaurants to be open yet?

Hoowster
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Hoowster » Thu May 19, 2011 1:52 pm

O Neils in its original guise is no more as far as I can make out?......Its place has been taken by another club....
They have lots of bands and events though...Called the 33 Club??
Last of the Brits/English speakers may be found at "Sundogs" around the corner from Terranova....
Bewarey of the last of the circling sharks..
They are now very hungry.

Football fans may like to head for the Three Lions at the weekend plus they have groups on around 10-11 pm too (charge around 10 Leva at door).....But I'm afraid most of the full time Brits have left.

8)

Sooz

Varna

Postby Sooz » Thu May 19, 2011 2:03 pm

Looking forward to seeing you in Varna soon - only 9 more sleeps and then we are on our way. :D 8) :P

Sue n Peter

Hoowster
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Hoowster » Thu May 19, 2011 5:45 pm

Will be looking forward to a few trips in the Varnan sunshine then Sooz... :lol:

8)

Oscar
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Oscar » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:44 pm

One of the many plus points about living in Varna is the huge amount of greenery,trees,grass area around,especially the sea garden of course,the downside is that keeping it all under control and looking good is a huge effort,especially at this time with grass shooting up as soon as it is cut.
I think the municipality let itself down a bit last year and didn't do a good enough job in certain areas,but this year they seem to have sorted out problems with tenders and got things back on track.
Certainly in this last couple of weeks,huge amounts of grass is being cut back,especially in the outreaches of the sea gardens and the gypsies are doing a great job.The plants and trees are all there to see when they are retrieved from the long grass,and a hell of a difference it makes when they are seeable too....lets hope they can keep on top of it for the remainder of the growing season and keep Varna looking like the city it should be....including night time snatch squads in unmarked cars for 'street art' lovers,and a nice long prison sentence to follow. :)

Return to “My Place!”