The Dobrich Alliance

Tell others here about the town, area or village you have bought or actually live in...positives AND negatives!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Johnny

The Dobrich Alliance

Postby Johnny » Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:06 pm

After recent discussions with other members it is becoming more clear that little is known about the town of Dobrich yet there are many people who regard it as their closest town.
Its for these reason that I have posted this thread to try and attract people with news, views, advice and recommendations about Dobrich town and its surrounding areas.
This then will hopefully become a good reference point for any new or exisitng members wanting to find specific information or post details themselves. :idea:
The Northern Alliance covers to big an area and I think has become a victim of its own success 8O :lol:

So lets help get this going!! :wink:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:15 pm

We used to live in Dobrich and my wife is from that area. Nice town.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Hoowster
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Hoowster » Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:20 pm

Good luck with The Dobrich alliance :lol:

To be personally honest I started a thread on Shabla and still contribute to the Northern Alliance.
I also rabbit on about Varna because Im living there....... :roll:

To contribute positively and help your thread along :lol: may I say there is a fair amount of interest in this inland town now.
This is I think generated by the increasing prices in the Balchick and Kavarna areas due to the construction of the pitch and putt courses
:twisted: :lol:

8)

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Johnny

Postby Johnny » Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:27 pm

Thanks Hoowster
A worthy contributor as always.

I think, when the coastal areas become over developed and new coastal roads a built to accomdate the increase in population and tourists more and more people will move closer inland.
With this in mind, Dobrich is in a strategic location and is an economic town that supports alot of indudtry, so this can only atttact investment internally and from overseas and hence create more jobs and wealth for the local people and better infrastructure and standard of living. Hopefully on the back of this will come the increase in house prices.

I am sure this a good 10 years away yet but things are happening fast over there.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
AJ113
<b>Property Sales</B>

Postby AJ113 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:28 pm

Excellent! Shall we have a masonic-type handshake? Or a wacky initiation ceremony? Maybe all members of the Dobrichian Alliance have to take a vow to drink 1 litre of Rakia in 1hour during the next full moon?

Or perhaps we could just exchange useful informatioin about our 'home' town.....

Ok here's one for you. You know that miserable lass at the Dobrich police station who is always there when you go to register? About 40-50, shortish hair, face like a slapped @rse? Has anyone ever managed to get a smile out of her? My property manager challenged me to get a smile the last time we registered, and I tried evrything without success. Then right at the death I said 'blagodaria, priyatna rabota' and she raised a half-smile. Anyone done any better?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Johnny

Postby Johnny » Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:34 pm

We have shared the same joke each time we have been there! However on our last visit we let our 12 month old daughter who is exceptionally cute (slightly biased opinion but ask Kate/Sunny)and smiles alot stand on the counter and she managed to get a smile from the hog with some words (yes she speaks). :lol:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Hoowster
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Hoowster » Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:44 pm

Re Dobrich Immigration office

If shes the same woman who "helps" you with your Lichna Carta appication I have met her and I must admit even though my field of expertise is management training, I left the Dobrich office with a scowl on my face and went and got my Lichna in Varna where they are considerably more human.

There is also a guy there in Dobroich (Part Of The heartbreak team) who comes from the rear of the office to see if he can find something wrong with your papers :roll:

There is however a rumour that the pair have been told to act more like human beings , but we shall see if The Dobrich alliance members uncover the truth!

8)

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Johnny

Postby Johnny » Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:48 pm

Our last visit was over very quickly and suprised us as before it has been a real pain. As soon as we gave them our passports and old forms they basically copied the relevant details and sent us over the road to get them typed up. Within 5 minutes this was done and we went straight back to the Police St where the women in question completed the process with no problems/hassle at all. All in all it took us 15 mins. The time before she was a real arse and it took ages.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Villyman
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Villyman » Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:29 pm

And 'blagodaria, priyatna rabota' means what ? (for the novices amongst us) :D

Willie

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
fred
Super User!
Super User!

Postby fred » Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:57 pm

Hi Villyman,

It means thank you, enjoy your work.

Johnny I reckon using a small child is cheating, Aj113 deserves the prize, he found a way into this womans heart and it was sarcasm.

I am up for a Dobrich thread.

Last time we were in Shabla we met some actors on the beach and later went to see them perform a play at the local theatre. Pretty bl**dy pointless really, didn't understand more than about five words. Suprisingly good fun though, trying to work out what was going on.

Anyway to cut a long story short, we had a drink with one of the actors after the show, George, and he offered us a cultural tour of Dobrich next visit, shouldn't take long, only joking all you Bulgarians out there. We will take George up on his offer in August and I will file a complete report upon my return.

Bet you can't wait.

Cheers all Fred.

Return to “My Place!”