The Dobrich Alliance

Tell others here about the town, area or village you have bought or actually live in...positives AND negatives!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
eureka
Super User!
Super User!

Postby eureka » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:07 pm

Thanks again CandyFrank.

It looks like work is progressing nicely.

I'm guessing that the "cut-outs" that are placed all around the square are for landscaping?
When the new paving, street furniture etc. goes in, it will be fantastic.

Do you know if they are just doing the central square and the "25th September" streets at both ends? Or all four streets off the central square, along with the smaller squares up the top (near the chinese)? It is hard to make out the large sign setting out the plans in the pics.

Anyway, hopefully there will be a huge transformation in Dobrich by the time summer comes around.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
shebry
Super User!
Super User!

Postby shebry » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:37 am

Candyfrank wrote:
eureka wrote:
Candyfrank wrote:
eureka wrote:Hi Everyone!

Can anyone provide an update on the progress of the renewal works planned for the centre of Dobrich?

Please keep us updated as much as you can. It is greatly appreciated.

I have posted photos of the works in the Dobrich center on my DESS website. Gardeners and interested note that the Dobrich Fair is from 2 - 5 February-09:00 -18:00 to 6 February from 09.00-14.00 and worthy of a visit as seen at their website http://www.dobrich-fair.com/forvisitors.php?eid=1

Thanks for the pictures Frank. I wonder if they are going to do anything with that building on the corner opposite the Bulgaria Hotel and next to Seasons Restaurant

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
alig
Super User!
Super User!

Postby alig » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:41 am

:D IT WOULD MAKE A GREAT McDONALDS!!!!!!
Alig

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Candyfrank

Postby Candyfrank » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:29 am

eureka wrote:Do you know if they are just doing the central square and the "25th September" streets at both ends? Or all four streets off the central square, along with the smaller squares up the top (near the chinese)? It is hard to make out the large sign setting out the plans in the pics.

Hi Eurecka, not sure but you can see the short description here, http://www.dobrich.bg/index.php?s=sc&id=1036 but you must use the Google translator as the English site doesn’t work

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Candyfrank

Postby Candyfrank » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:36 am

shebry wrote:

Thanks for the pictures Frank. I wonder if they are going to do anything with that building on the corner opposite the Bulgaria Hotel and next to Seasons Restaurant

I think you are asking about the old Green Restaurant and there is a short mention of it in the article at http://www.dobrudja.info/?p=108 (a site worth a visiting) however no info on its future, will do some research and keep you posted

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Villyman
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Villyman » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:16 am

All parking charges have been cancelled in Dobrich. The yellow perils have gone with their little machines and all the signs about charges and tow away have been removed.

Even the original carparks which charged, at the entrance to the centre and in the side streets have been removed. The downside is, you have to start searching for a space again.

The concreting of the main square has nearly been completed and what looks like a bandstand and raised flowerbeds have been erected. Work is also ongoing on 25th September Blvd with concrete being laid and cobbled areas placed around the trees along the Blvd.

There seems to be a lip around the flower beds and the concrete level so it looks like the whole square will be tiled once the concreting is completed. There are also loads of decorative stone (orangie colour) being delivered.

Will update as work progresses.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
bgcarl
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby bgcarl » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:17 pm

I missed the parking changes VM. I must be walking around with my eyes closed, was it very recent?

Cheers

Carl

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
eureka
Super User!
Super User!

Postby eureka » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:56 pm

Villyman wrote:All parking charges have been cancelled in Dobrich. The yellow perils have gone with their little machines and all the signs about charges and tow away have been removed.

Even the original carparks which charged, at the entrance to the centre and in the side streets have been removed. The downside is, you have to start searching for a space again.

The concreting of the main square has nearly been completed and what looks like a bandstand and raised flowerbeds have been erected. Work is also ongoing on 25th September Blvd with concrete being laid and cobbled areas placed around the trees along the Blvd.

There seems to be a lip around the flower beds and the concrete level so it looks like the whole square will be tiled once the concreting is completed. There are also loads of decorative stone (orangie colour) being delivered.

Will update as work progresses.

Thanks for the update Villyman.

Sounds like it is coming along nicely there. Hopefully it might be close to complete by the summer??? Or is that wishful thinging? :oops:

Anyway, please keep the updates coming. I, at least, look forward to them!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Villyman
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Villyman » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:27 am

Parking charges reinstated in Dobrich in all the usual parking spots. The Road alongside the Fruit Market has also been changed back to two way traffic. 1 Lv for 1 hour parking in all car parks and main streets around centre square, 8am to 6pm Mon-Fri.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Johnny

Postby Johnny » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:51 pm

Thats a real pain now..Parking was normally so easy in Dobrich. Is it pay and display?
Havent been to Dobrich now for 2 years so will be interested to know about any changes in around the town.

Return to “My Place!”