Kranevo

Tell others here about the town, area or village you have bought or actually live in...positives AND negatives!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
mariko
Super User!
Super User!

Kranevo

Postby mariko » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:40 am

:D Hi

Just got back from Kranevo, the weather was very good for September rained a couple of times Tuesday was the worst but cleared up about 3 pm to lovely blue and sunny skies. Didn't bother us much because we were finishing off the renovations of our Villa.

It was sad to see the village closing down. only have a small season in Kranevo from late May to mid September. We were there when they were opening up and there when they were closing down, went the full circle. The villagers are lovely people and have become used to us now. I speak a little Bulgarian and when they hear that they immediately talk on as if I know it fluently so I smile and just keep saying Da Da. They think I am loco loco. Well there has to be a Village Idiot and I don't mind as long as they love and look after me.

We have Bulgarian neighbours at the side of us and at the back an English couple from Essex. Lovely people. David lives there permantly and maintains gardens. But as he is at the back of us he has limited sea view.

We needed our drive stoning and I knew he wanted to chop our big tree down at the side of our Villa. So I said give good price for doing our drive and you can chop the tree down. He gave us very good price and next day we paid him to do the job in the Winter when he has limited work and he came along with Krassia. our neighbour, and chainsaw and got rid of the tree. He gave us a mega pile of logs for our fire and removed our rubbish sacks.

So in all everyone benefitted, Krassis got paid off David. David got his Sea View and we got our logs, rubbished removed and our Drive done. Everyone happy and may it always stay that way.

Now we have to wait until May to get back as we have no more holidays left already had our five weeks.

Just a little report if anyone interested.

Mariko 8) 8) 8)

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
ELEL

Kranevo

Postby ELEL » Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:23 pm

Hi Mariko,
well done with your speaking of bulgarian,
next year i look forward to having a bulgarian only conversation.
Thanks for the coffee , Kranevo misses you both.
Nice villa captain...............
See you soon - Do skoro

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
stevek
Super User!
Super User!

Postby stevek » Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:46 pm

Hello Mariko, it was nice to read your note about Kranevo, its a lovely little place and were just waiting to go out sometime towards the end of Oct to complete the purchase of our appt in Kranevo, were on the Albena side of the town, in a little turning off of the main road that runs down to the beach, the Anchor Hotel is opposite the turning, whereabouts in Kranevo are you located? I expect when we get out there there will be nothing really operating in Kranevo and as the Appt will need furnishing we think that its most likely that we will spend our week in Varna where the agent and solicitor are, perhaps in a small hotel or B&B. How long have you been in Kranevo for?
Steve

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
mariko
Super User!
Super User!

Postby mariko » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:51 am

:D Hi Stevek

I do envy you going back to Kranevo in October though most of it will be closed. Tony's bar will be still be open and the Fish Restaurant.

We bought our Villa in November 2002 and have just about finished renovating it. Next year though its 'Garden Time'.

We are back in May 2007 hopefully we could meet up. Our Villa is in the Vilna zone about 15 minutes walk uphill from the main tourist street, (about 10 minutes walk downhill) going towards Golden Sands.

I vaguely know whereabouts your apartment is. We love to walk along the beach (when we can take a couple of hours off) and go into Albena. I think we both have found the perfect spot.

Good luck in October, hope everything goes well and enjoy furniture shopping.

Mariko

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
sal

Postby sal » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:09 pm

Nice to read your posts about kranevo, we are going tomorrow for 4 weks to our house near Dobrich ,and hope to visit kranevo for a couple of days.
Last time we went in august, went to Tony,s, i wonder if any more bars will be open in october ? It,s a lovely place just got the right feel about it.
Hoping to spend a few days in Albena as well before it closes down,is there any places open there once the hotels have closed ,does anyone know?
SAL

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Chippy
<b>Building Services</b>

Postby Chippy » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:12 pm

sal wrote:Nice to read your posts about kranevo, we are going tomorrow for 4 weks to our house near Dobrich ,and hope to visit kranevo for a couple of days.
Last time we went in august, went to Tony,s, i wonder if any more bars will be open in october ? It,s a lovely place just got the right feel about it.
Hoping to spend a few days in Albena as well before it closes down,is there any places open there once the hotels have closed ,does anyone know?
SAL

Hi

I should imagine that Albena will be pretty dead at this time of year. Kavarna or Balcik would be a much better bet if you do not wish to spend time in Varna.

Regards

Chippy

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
sal

Postby sal » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:40 pm

Thanks chippy,i do like both Balchic and Kavarna so there wil be more there then ? not expecting a lot ,as long as there are a few eating and drinking places still open. Will there be hotels open as well?
thanksSAL

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:47 pm

The large hotel in the centre of Albena (The Hotel Dobrudja) stays open all year round.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
ELEL

kranevo

Postby ELEL » Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:18 pm

There are 3 hotels in Kranevo open all year, there are guest houses also open all year with very reasonable price, there is a good shoice for bars.Plenty of food shops......

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
sal

Postby sal » Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:51 pm

Thanks for replies, i,ll try em all :lol:
Well i,m off in the morning ,so better get the packing finished :D
Cheers SAL

Return to “My Place!”