Kranevo

Tell others here about the town, area or village you have bought or actually live in...positives AND negatives!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
dale21
Super User!
Super User!

Postby dale21 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:58 pm

Called down to Kranevo this afternoon for a coke and to see some friends.

I must say each time i go there its very disheartening. Why don't they get their act together and take some pride in the place.

If I was going their for my hoildays i'd cry.

NOW to wait for the response.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
stevek
Super User!
Super User!

Postby stevek » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:43 pm

Dale, what do you mean by besmirching our little paradise!!,, :roll:
But seriously Im sure you have some valid points, the rubbish in BG generally is an ongoing problem, and last year we were astonished to see piles of rubbish near the beach, however at least it was "in piles" and it was evident that people were depositing their rubbish where others had, if only Kranevo RDC would supply (and of course empty) some bins Im sure a lot of people would use them. However, what were the things that bothered you?
Steve.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:58 pm

The reality is that if you want services they have to be paid for. How will Bulgarians feel if they have to pay the level of property tax that would be required to provide a "European" service ?

For my apartment in Scotland I pay more in a week in "council tax" than I was paying for a year for "Danuk Kushta" in Bulgaria ! However I can actually see the services that I am getting in Scotland.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
mariko
Super User!
Super User!

Postby mariko » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:45 pm

:lol: Hi

Now what do you mean??? Did you not see the lovely new street signs supplied by Balchick?? Balchick have been alloted so many thousands of pounds to spend on themselves and Kranevo.

Balchick is looking very nice and we in Kranevo have got the new street signs what more can one want.

Kranevo is a tip, but I live here and I love the atmosphere of the place and the friendly local people and its cheap. If I want tourist I can go to Golden Sands or along the beach to Albena. We are Balchick's poor relations but one day it will come into its own, probably not in my life time but it has plenty of character and every little helps.

Viva Kranevo.

Mariko

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
DaveyBoy

Kranevo

Postby DaveyBoy » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:32 pm

The wife was in Kranevo a few days ago and she was shocked by how quiet it was. We often go down there when we are over and it is usually fairly busy with people eating and others mooching around the gift shops. She thought that were more empty shops this year and the main street is covered in large holes possibly being prepared for repair, however with all of the rain these were treacherous water filled craters waiting to rip the bottom out of a passing car! The mainly Russian tourist coaches were struggling to negotiate the road so its no wonder that people are staying away!
On the plus side, the unmade road down to the left of the wooden pizza restaurant deep into the town has been tarmacd and is 'lovely' which is great as thats where we park! We love our little trips to Kranevo with our kids and its such a shame to hear that it is looking so neglected and unloved at the moment. I will be over next week and no doubt wiull venture down for one of the fine pizzas on offer and hopefully there will be some signs of things picking up??
Any Kranevo owners out there with any inside info?
cheers

Daveyboy

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
mariko
Super User!
Super User!

Postby mariko » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:18 pm

:lol: Hi

Kranevo is cheap and its a cheap budget holiday, half the price of the Mega resorts, Golden Sands and Albena. What you see is what you get. It is dictated to by Balchick and guess who gets the most money. The beaches are beautiful the sea is clean and the people there are lovely. Everyone is friendly there are no yobs about. Its still got its character accept for that charmless eyesore in the centre of unrentable buildings.

Its very busy at the moment for a little place.

Mariko

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
battert28

Postby battert28 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:01 am

Let them make the mistakes of overdevelopment in the resorts (hopefully this has been done in southern Bulgaria). Kranevo is a village and is populated by locals all year and not just tourists in summer.
That I believe is part of its appeal that would be lost if it became just another tourist resort. While I am pleased to see it grow I would consider that the slower it grows the more thought that will go into it.
I also believe that in time it will come into its own, There has already been much change in the three years I have been visting.
For the record I have seen bins placed along the beach and even numerous recycling bins placed outside the properties. Unfortunatly people seemed to prefer to litter the ground around the bins and have no concept of how to split up their rubbish into the correct bins, so I fear this service was wound down again. I have also seen many people in uniform walking the streets of Kranevo picking up rubbish and sweeping. None of these services were in place when I first arrived at Kranevo.
I intend to enjoy Kranevo as it is for now and will be patient for the changes that I see happening each and every time I return.
I will be there next week and cant wait to leave the 'clean streets of England', the muggings, binge drinking and knife crime, thats if I can get through all the red tape first!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
mariko
Super User!
Super User!

Postby mariko » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:06 am

8)

Well said Battert28. I live here all year long and wish you a very happy stay in Kranevo. At the moment the weather isn't looking that good but hopefully it will brighten up.

Mariko

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
stevek
Super User!
Super User!

Postby stevek » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:28 pm

Hello everyone, well were not out again untill Sept, and it will be intresting to see whats been done about the Storm Damaged Bridge on the beach, such a shame that it was not built sufficently strongly to survive just one winter!! but perhaps the weather was exceptional?.
The Recycleing Bins were I thought a rather strange addition to the Kranevo Street Scene,,,I think councils find it difficult enough to get people in the UK to use them properly, and unless there had been some sort of education program I really could not see how the locals would understand how to use them,,I wondered if they were part of some rolling govt inititive where the bins follow round roving eurocrats on a tour of inspection!! they certainly did not hang around very long. I have just seen a couple of facebook photos of the beack at Kranevo and its certainly gooks okay, lots of people and no rubbish to be seen in the photos,,I will make enquiries of those who live there and report back, however as always we still love the place, it could be better, its getting better little by little,,and we hope that it does not anytime soon turn into another Golden Sands.
Steve.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
mandyjeancole
Super User!
Super User!

Postby mandyjeancole » Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:37 pm

Kranevo is a quaint little seaside town a bit reminiscent of the ones we all remember as kids..not unspoiled.. but certainty not a grotesquely overdeveloped overpriced playground like Golden Sands or Sunny Beach.

However I have two problems with this little jewel on the northern black sea coast..1.. When are they going to deal with the drainage problem ? 2.. Kranevo seems to have a much shorter season than most (June-August) with September looking more deserted with each passing year & the Month of May doesn't even come into the equation, Putting these 2 factors aside..This charming resort has a pleasant little habit of making you want to return. MJC

Return to “My Place!”