Kranevo

Tell others here about the town, area or village you have bought or actually live in...positives AND negatives!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
DaveyBoy

Kranevo

Postby DaveyBoy » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:30 pm

Dear All,

Just back from 2 weeks in my place in Yarebichna. We popped down to Kranevo several times and I was pleasantly surprised how busy the resort was in the eveings in particular, the streets were mobbed and many people walking in the roads it make driving through quite difficult. Many of the cafes and restaurants were busy too and the place had a good buzz about it.
The weather was fantastic too which obviously helps! The pot holes noticed back in July seem to have been largely repaired too on the main drag!

As usual a bit rough around the edges and a bit whiffy near the bins but as we all know, this is all part of the charm!!

cheers

Daveyboy

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
mariko
Super User!
Super User!

Postby mariko » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:27 pm

8) Hi

Just to keep you updated on our quiet little Village.

On August 10th Russian guy got into a quarrel andwas hit over the head with a stone object and now in a critical condition in a Balchik Hospital.

In the early hours of this morning 2 guys attacked and stabbed by three youths in a Kranevo disco. Caught the 3 lads from Dobrich and the 2 guys were taken to hospital for treatment.

Any time you want to get news from Kranevo, just do a google search www.Kranevo News. You will also find a video there of the winter storm which washed away a large part of the beach near the harbour.

And to think I picked here for the peace and quiet.

Mariko

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
stevek
Super User!
Super User!

A quiet time in Kranevo!!

Postby stevek » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:49 pm

Oh dear Mariko it s beginning to sound like the Wild East! 8)
However I feel bound to say that our experience of Kranevo is still as a very quiet and friendly place, but then of course we dont frequent the "Playboy Disco" where I guess the young stags hang out.
I can recall on one of our early trips to the town out of season finding ourselves alone on a darkened street, a few youths were hanging about outside the school and we decided not to hang around,,,however over time we have come to realise that there does not seem to be any undue risk, the local kids have been well behaved and make no demands other than sometimes calling out "hello" I suppose its clear we're foreigners, and its probably the only country we have been to where so far we have not seen any trouble, police action, or yobbish behavior, mind you as I said we dont go to the places where the "action" is and perhaps thats the reason?
This year we enjoyed two glorious weeks in late Sept/Oct the sea was still warm and several of the beach bars were still open, and in our appt, with a proper kitchen were very happy to cook for ourselves and just walk the beach and relax, and were looking forward to next year when were undertaking a trip to the appt and home via VT and Sofia for sightseeing for a change, should be interesting.
The town of Kranevo seems much as ever, however interestingly our developer is still building good quality small blocks of appts, I think for Russians who are buying in the town, seemingly no trouble selling them as they start on a new build as soon as the previous one is almost complete, so they are no doubt feeling confident about the market.
Steve.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
mariko
Super User!
Super User!

Kranevo

Postby mariko » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:49 am

:) Hi SteveK

I was just thinking to myself no-one seems interested in Kranevo anymore and then your post.

As you are aware since your last visit September/October the place has quietened down a lot. A lot of British people have gone back to England for Christmas so sometimes we are the only Brits in the village. The weather has been OK so far. Wet and windy days then lovely sunny ones so have to make the most of those usually by driving our quads on the deserted beach, heaven.

Jumbos, Helios Bar, Centrum Bar, Tony's are the only places open in the village so we take our custom to each one in turn to try to spread some money around. Sorry forgot the Izgora. The Palma Bar on the beach is open and the Delmar opens at weekends but for how long for, we do not know.

You are right in what you are saying that the Russians are buying a lot of apartments in Kranevo probably because a lot of Brits seem to be selling them off cheap! I have a heard of a lot of Brits trying to sell up in Kranevo and the surrounding villages but I guess we will be here for the long term but who knows.

That large monostrous shopping mall in the centre is still vacant and slowly going into disrepair. What a waste of space.

But do not worry it will still be the Kranevo you love when you return, just keep away from these 4 a.m. disco joints.

Mariko

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Trudyw
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Trudyw » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:43 pm

Hi

We are coming out to Kranevo in the summer and wonder how it will be ? My mother in law came late August and said it was very expensive compared to the year before . The ate lot in the more local restautants on Volga St which were about half the price of the town centre ones.

We may be looking at selling or long term rental this year so if any one can let me know any local agents I would be very grateful.

Any up to date info on Kranevo very welcome

Thanks
Trudy

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
mariko
Super User!
Super User!

Postby mariko » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:58 am

Hi TrudyW

Kranevo is still the same. Very quiet at this time of year, only a few bars open. The weather though has been a lot milder this year and we had a glorious November.

I am not surprised you are thinking of selling a lot of Brits round here doing the same. I cannot recommend an Estate Agent because we are here for the long term and have had no dealings with them since we bought in 2002. A few have sold through Varna North Properties though, but like I said I cannot personally recommend anyone.

The property market here though is like England very slow.

I didn't find Kranevo very busy last year but like you noticed the prices have gone up but don't often eat out as we are on a budget as we live here all year. But we do treat ourselves now and again.

What is spoiling it for us is that our families live around Manchester and there are very few cheap flights into Varna from Manchester so do not get to see them often.

Hope you figure out what to do with your place but there are quite a lot of new builds in the village with prices from 30,000 Euros for a 1 bedroom apartment and some 1 bedroom fully furnished apartments going for 30,000 Euros that I know about.

Anyway the good thing about it is that the sun always shines in Summer with a few showers for the garden and your Mum no need to buy New clothes :roll: :roll:

Mariko

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
LilacLillie

Postby LilacLillie » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:55 am

Hi Mariko (& Mr Mariko :) )
Thinking about you both today and other fellow Kranevo dwellers.
Hoping to pop out over Easter sometime, but as you mention , flights are silly prices at the moment.
My Mr. LilacLillie has had an operation on his eye, we thought about coming over to have some recovery time, but he wasn't allowed to fly with a gas bubble in the eye.
Winter here has flown by, how is it your end?
Will catch up with email soon.
LL

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
mariko
Super User!
Super User!

Postby mariko » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:51 am

:lol: Hi Lilaclillie

Glad to hear you are well but sorry to hear about your other half's operation. Hope he is recovering well and send him our regards.

The winter here has been sooo long and boring. As you know everything more or less closes down in Winter here. Again damage to the harbour road and so I am told to Delmar Bar on the front.

I wouldn't bother coming over for Easter the weather here is only just picking up with a couple of minus signs at night this week. But glad you are thinking about coming over soon and look forward to seeing you both when you arrive.

The season here is short late May to end August BUT when the sun shines it shines and you forget about the long winter blues.

Mariko

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Trudyw
Super User!
Super User!

Kranevo

Postby Trudyw » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:43 pm

Hi

We are out at long last in two weeks time, have so missed the place and wondered if anything exciting has happened.

How is the water supply heard that there has been a burst and the supply is really bad in town :(

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
shebry
Super User!
Super User!

Re: Kranevo

Postby shebry » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:15 pm

Trudyw wrote:Hi

We are out at long last in two weeks time, have so missed the place and wondered if anything exciting has happened.

How is the water supply heard that there has been a burst and the supply is really bad in town :(

Hi
I am now back in the UK, but was in Kranevo two nights ago, arrived at 20.00hrs and left after mid-night. It was as busy and buzzing when I left as it was when I arrived. It is hard to appreciate that two months ago it was like ghost city and now all the traders are cashing in on their three month season. There didn't seem to be a short supply of water and all the eating houses were working normally and busy and that must be exciting news
You ask, has anything exciting happened, YES they have people and a vibrant atmosphere :D

Return to “My Place!”