Southern Sunny Beach Alliance

Tell others here about the town, area or village you have bought or actually live in...positives AND negatives!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
chrisbelfast
Super User!
Super User!

Postby chrisbelfast » Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:32 am

As there are a growing number of people who have bought in the Southern Sunny Beach area in the new developments that are completed or are in the process of being built or maybe are thinking of buying here, I thought it was a good idea to have a topic on the whole “Southern Sunny Beach” area. There are individual topics for complex’s like Blumarine, Royal Dreams, The Karolina, Grenada and Aquamarine……… just to name a few.

As this is the "Area" we have all bought and have an interest in, I think we can make an informative contribution over a period of time and discuss what is developing and our thoughts and ideas on many of the aspects to do with the Southern Sunny Beach area.

With many of us over at various times of the year it’ll help keep us informed to what is going on and we can share our information here.

I believe this will be very enjoyable and useful to everyone with the clear number of people active on here in the Southern Sunny Beach area. Hope we gather momentum!

Chris :D

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Marion
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby Marion » Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:07 am

Hi Chris

Great idea count me in, the more information we can share on the area the better.

Will email you soon with the details of my visit to Blue Marine early October and bring you up to date with developments.

Marion

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Trigger
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Trigger » Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:50 am

Hi Chris
I agree, a great idea.

There is certainly a lot happening in the south of the resort and its a great place to be.

.... where is our feathered friend 'South Sunny Beach Alliance' mascot though? :wink:

Trigger

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
chrisbelfast
Super User!
Super User!

Postby chrisbelfast » Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:43 pm

Hi Marion and Trigger!

Marion, glad to hear you like the idea, I think it will be good for everyone who has a place or interest in the area were we can cover many aspects from developments in the area, right down to a nice place to eat and drink and the happenings 8)

Look forward to hearing how your last visit was this month, hope it went well!

Trigger, how could I forget our "Feathered Friend" ......he's the official mascot after all :lol: ....so I have posted him in the gallery for all to enjoy :lol:

It'll be good to cover the Southern Area as it develops further and over a period of time it'll become very informative with everyone putting it together.

Our tour guide "10 Green Bottles" deserves an honourable mention for the most entertaining tour rep in South Sunny Beach, he sent us both off the bus with sore ribs laughing on my final night, pity there is no photo to match :lol:

Chris

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
sunnybeachterry
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Just back from Sunny Beach South

Postby sunnybeachterry » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:17 pm

It was half term the weather’s sunny and temperature 20 degrees so I went out for three nights 27/29th October 2006.

Stayed in my apartment at Aparthotel Grenada to primarily check on the installation of the furniture I bought and check on the snagging.

I was told it would be quiet but boy was I surprised, There were only three hotels opened namely Delta Palace, Hotel Nobel and Grenada.

We were the only guests at Grenada bar some agents who were using two other apartments. And when I say open the only facility was a security guard and the bar (regularly serving circa 5-6 young locals)

I did not go into the Delta Palace but went into Hotel Nobel two nights running to eat and had the peppered steak twice it was so good and their reception staff were very helpful (credit where credit is due)

The whole town was a building site with most of the hotels being modernised the old one where you pick the train to sunny beach up was being modernised. Even Grenada looked like it was being re-built in certain areas (I got the impression that they finished Grenada regardless of standard of workmanship to meet the completion date and are now revisiting works even the front of the hotel soffit has been removed and is being replaced.

The pools were left full and the water was green with all metal railings covered in plastic

No Taxis, nowhere to change your money even the telephones were removed and only two supermarkets, Karolina & another by the Nobel Hotel.

I think a lot of people will be surprised when they return in April when the Karolina complex is finished as it runs the length of the street where the Karolina restaurant is.
Even the Karolina restaurant is being refurbished out goes the old charcoal burners and new kitchen equipment was ready for installation along with a new tiled kitchen area.

The good thing was that I never felt the need to go to sunny beach central and discovered the delights of New Nessebar cheap shops and feeling like a shortcut to the long boring road adjacent to the seashore (take the first right along the Nessebar road and keep walking past the shops and old nessebar appears straight in front of you)

Went to Old Nessebar on Saturday quiet but circa 50% of the shops & restaurants open. A ship had docked and the place was full of tourists (from England of all places) and a group of about 50 motor bikers on their Harley Davidsons)

SBT

P.S. Posted some photos

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Trigger
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Trigger » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:26 pm

Our tour guide "10 Green Bottles" deserves an honourable mention for the most entertaining tour rep in South Sunny Beach

Hi Chris
How could I forget about that :)
Us all back on the tour bus and the last one back on was the rep who looked like he had drank more rakia than the lot of us. Then a real eagerness to talk about Man Utd and a rendition of 10 green bottles - great stuff :lol:

Hi SBT

An interesting report, I didn't realise cruise ships called at Nessebar.

I was impressed with the Grenada when we went over a couple of times in the summer and stopped a few times at the outside bar when walking to/from the train from our apartment at Royal Dreams. They used to do a two for one on cocktails which when combined with our usual visits to Father Teds occasionally made for a hazy following morning :?

The area will be almost complete when the Karolina is finished apart from that apartment opposite the Grenada next to Blumarine, out of interest do you know the name of this one?

Like yourself we spent most of our time in and around Nessebar but its great to have the centre of Sunny Beach nearby if you want it.

Trigger

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
sunnybeachterry
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby sunnybeachterry » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:14 pm

Trigger

Seeing that cocktail bar lit up in the photos on the internet generated a good image.

And it was certainly my first port of call, I have a full length window in one of the bedrooms and I can lay in bed and see both the pool and the cocktail bar lit up at night. it is certainly a terrific view. With the barman who thinks he’s tom cruise and the music blaring out till 1 in the morning a good atmosphere is generated.

The above got me thinking when I speak to people who have not been to Bulgaria and I try to extol its virtues not Bulgaria /sunny beach in general just the location (southern end) and facilities.

And to promote /describe the area i suggest forum members with interests in southern sunny beach contribute both a positive aspect and a negative one in the same post this will ensure that contributions to not over enthusiastic or over negative.

e.g.

only 50 metres from the beach yet if you get on the beach and stretch out your feet touch someones head because it is so croweded.

Close to an aquapark with free bus – yet in the summer when the bus pulled up we could not get on it was so full

Don’t know the name of the apartment is it Forum??

Regards

SBT

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Bo

Postby Bo » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:27 pm

Last time I was in Sunny Beach it all looked uniformely the same - in general, one only had to look at the Sun and be able to tell one's left (North) from one's right (South) hand to determine directions.

Has SB developed any specific features in the past 6 months so that it's Southern aspect is now distinctly distinguishable from its Northern extreme?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Diamond
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby Diamond » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:35 pm

We would also like to join " The Southern Sunny Beach Alliance". Our apartments " The california apartments " are due for completion April 2007. The apartments are situated in front of the stadium on the main Bourges / Nessebar Road, across the road from Blue Marine and Karolina Apartments.

Regards

Diamond

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Cookoid_0
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Cookoid_0 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:46 pm

Bo wrote:Last time I was in Sunny Beach it all looked uniformely the same - in general, one only had to look at the Sun and be able to tell one's left (North) from one's right (South) hand to determine directions.

Has SB developed any specific features in the past 6 months so that it's Southern aspect is now distinctly distinguishable from its Northern extreme?

I have stayed in South SB and think it does have a claim to some distinction to the rest. In particular, the dunes are much bigger before you get to the beach, which makes it feel less crowded. On the other hand the main road in the south is a nightmare on foot...

Return to “My Place!”