THE NORTHERN BLACK COAST ALLIANCE

Tell others here about the town, area or village you have bought or actually live in...positives AND negatives!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
kicki
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby kicki » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:45 pm

HI,
If you are intrested in how your area was during stoneage please read my masterthesis about Durankulak: http://www.iianthropology.org/rprponlin ... svol9.html
Take care
Kicki in Zmeevo

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Hoowster
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Hoowster » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:21 pm

stevek wrote:
Biker wrote:Read on the Kavarna thread that the promenade between Balchik and Albena may be finished.
Anyone any information or can confirm this.
Thanks

Hello Biker, indeed I have posted about the "cycle path" re-opening on the Kranevo thread (My Place section) as I had heard that the rock fall that was blocking the way had now been cleared, I also posted a couple of photos one of which is a new wooden bridge which crosses the stream that divides the beach between Albena & Kranevo,,, after which there is then the continuation of a tarmac pathway going well past Kranevo towards Goldensands, again I think blocked by a rockfall(??),,, I seem to recall once seeing somewhere that there were plans for a "Coastal Path" from Varna northwards,,now that really would be something..and it seems that there was at one time quite a bit of coastal path which was allowed to fall into disuse,,anyone know anything about this I wonder?
Steve 8)

I asked the same question Stevek myself but only got vague nswers that YES Albena- Balchik was complete. Long ago and far away in this thread or Shablas I posted a plan that mooted a cycle path from Romania to Shabla. It wasnt of the F1 ilk either.... :lol:
Dont anyone say the NA is dead..... it just has a rest thats all..... :wink:
If only I had been a few days earlier in starting it might have been my baby not Pirols(aka German).....Bu****r.... :lol:

I had all the Shabla maps somewhere but where they are now I dont know but am I right that in map one the golf course attatches itself to Durankulak lake 8O .....Say it aint so!!

Kicki I remember well being told that some of the earliest traces of civilisation had been found on the small island at Durankulak.....
Also to bore you all again.... Shabla was called Karia in antiquity burble...spout..... :wink:

8)

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Chippy
<b>Building Services</b>

Postby Chippy » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:51 pm

kicki wrote:HI,
If you are intrested in how your area was during stoneage please read my masterthesis about Durankulak: http://www.iianthropology.org/rprponlin ... svol9.html
Take care
Kicki in Zmeevo

Nice one... I will go to the office to pront it out though!

Thanks for this

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
blackaqua
Super User!
Super User!

Postby blackaqua » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:44 pm

Hi kicki,
Very interesting read thank you, after looking at your web site for Kamen Bryag what you see above sea level also extends below the water line. The tombs are clearly visible. This in my view can only prove that the land must have slipped into the sea at some point, also looking along the coast there is a natural platform where the Roman finds are concluding this land slip would have happened before the Roman era.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Pirol
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Pirol » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:37 am

Hoowster wrote:If only I had been a few days earlier in starting it might have been my baby not Pirols(aka German).....Bu****r.... :lol:

I already had to give my baby away for adoption. Sad thing! :cry: But it´s obviously you who has adopted it?! :)

Hoowster wrote:I had all the Shabla maps somewhere but where they are now I dont know but am I right that in map one the golf course attatches itself to Durankulak lake 8O .....Say it aint so!!

8)[/color]

http://shabla.be/plan/

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
gyp

Postby gyp » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:36 am

hi everyone in here, has anybody heard anything about the finalisation of the muniicipal plans for Balchik yet?
I haven't been for a while now and the grass will be getting long :cry:
thanks for any info, best regards to all from gyp

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
stevek
Super User!
Super User!

Postby stevek » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:46 pm

Many thanks indeed for the link to the prehistoric history of the area, I have not had time to look at it yet as were getting ready to go out to Kranevo on monday and Im dealing with all the enevitable problems that arise at home just before you depart. It will certainly be interesting to see how things have progressed esp with regards to the cycleway/footpath. As I think I said before, the thing I find very interesting is that the old rather potholed path continues well past Kranevo towards Goldensands which is blocked by a rockfall, and although we have not yet visited Im told that there appears to be a pathway at Goldensands towards Kranevo, clearly there was at one time a proper pathway linking up these three places,,,so when was it built I wonder, what was its purpose and how far did it go? perhaps it would be shown on Hoowsters old maps??
Steve.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Pirol
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Pirol » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:34 am

Here is a list of the locations of 924 wind turbines in the area which are planned or have been approved:

http://www.coe.int/t/dg4/cultureheritag ... dd1_en.pdf

So you can look how many of them will be in/around your village...
Last edited by Pirol on Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Pirol
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Pirol » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:38 am

Other regions in other EU countires (like the UK) seem to see a problem:

Wind farm protesters fear tourism threat

A multi-million pound scheme to promote tourism in the South Wales Valleys will be undermined if plans for two new wind farms get the go-ahead, campaigners claim.

Plans for the wind farms straddling the Ogmore and Rhondda Valleys are due to go before councillors in July, when protesters will make their feelings known by marching on the council offices in Bridgend.

The campaign group South Wales Alternatives To Turbines (SWATT) has several objections to the proposals and fears villages like Glynogwr, Gilfach Goch and Evanstown will soon be “encircled” by wind farm developments.

Pennant Walters has submitted plans for 10 turbines at Pant y Wal, while npower wants to build 11 turbines, which are 115m high, across the Rhondda and Ogmore Valley.

There are already 20 turbines at Taff Ely and plans have been approved for another wind farm at nearby Mynydd Portref.

SWATT claims they will cause house prices to fall, noise pollution, increased traffic and loss of views.

But one of the group’s biggest fears is the potential loss of tourism, which they believe could become a lucrative industry in the valleys.

Last month the Welsh Assembly Government announced that £22m would be injected into the valley to promote walking, cycling and riding, and to clean up the area.

SWATT’S group chairman David Edwards, of Glynogwr, said: “The Assembly will invest £23m in tourism, yet these wind farms could decimate the local tourism industry. They’re looking at creating a new mountain bike network across the heads of the valleys and building hotels and hostels but who will want to come here when there’s wind farms everywhere?

“We want a moratorium on all further wind farm developments until a survey is conducted on the economic impacts.

“This is already one of the poorest areas in Wales and we want to know if this will make things worse.”

He added: “We do not blame the farmers for having their land developed, or the energy companies. We blame poor government policy.

“We now want to try to get as many people as we can to join us on our march to the council offices and to show their support.”

Charity fundraiser Harry Hayes, 65, of Gilfach Goch, will be leading the march. He said: “We’re only now recovering from the effects that the coal industry had on the landscape and I don’t want to see it being re-industrialised This is a beautiful part of the country, full of wildlife. It’s a prime area for tourism.”

Pennant Walters and npower were unavailable for comment yesterday but on its website Pennant Walters says the development “will deliver tangible benefits to local people”. It adds: “A community trust fund involving local people is also proposed for consideration, so that up to £60,000 a year can be used to promote environmental and social sustainability in the local area.”

The npower site says: “Construction of the wind farm presents opportunities for local economic benefit and employment.”

by Andrew Pugh, South Wales Echo

WalesOnline

30 May 2009

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Pirol
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Pirol » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:07 am

Dear colleagues and partners, BlackSeaRama Golf&Villas will be not working
from 18 Dec, 2009 till 5 March, 2010

www.blacksearama.com

Merry christmas and a happy new year to all Northerners (as far as you are still here...)!

Return to “My Place!”