THE NORTHERN BLACK COAST ALLIANCE

Tell others here about the town, area or village you have bought or actually live in...positives AND negatives!

Moderator: Moderator

oldtimer
<b>Prop Management/Transport/Sales</b>

Postby oldtimer » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:09 pm

We have had about 50% less Russians here this year, but up on tourists from Romania, Germany, and the old eastern block countries also a lot from Turkey. This September the resort is busier than it was in June. Just enjoying the lovely weather at the moment :lol:

Hoowster
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Hoowster » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:29 pm

Yes Golden sands was buzzing too apparently with Lots of Romanians taking advantage of the Leva rates...Not too many Russians as you say. expect Shabla did well too even though its off the touristic radar...

8)

oldtimer

Postby oldtimer » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:04 pm

shabla such a same off the tourist route, an amazing place, but do we want tourist coming to such an amazing place 8)

scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:22 pm

Let the tourists stay in Sunny Beach. That was the policy in the 1960s. Quite right too ! The Central Committee sometimes got things right.

fred
Super User!
Super User!

Postby fred » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:40 pm

Hi all

Just got back from shabby Shabla and glad to report it's not so shabby anymore.

As a regular tourist, visiting Shabla a couple of times a year, I have to say let the tourists come.

It is indeed a lovely area but is only for people who like that sort of thing. In the last few years there have definitely been more visitors and there are now a lot more guest houses and houses to rent than there were a few years ago. Many of my friends and neighbors there are now making a bit of extra income from this influx. Don't forget there are people who live in Shabla who need to make a living and would dearly love to see a rise in their living standards, I see this happening, slowly, and on the whole it's a good thing.

Would not want it to turn into Sunny Beach though and can't really see that happening.

Cheers Fred.

oldtimer

Postby oldtimer » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:08 pm

Fred your are totally right, we do need to bring an income to areas in Bulgaria but we also have to keep a balance, by this I mean that we have to keep it as a very nice natural area as opposed to making it a horrible tourist attraction. Fine line as they say. In my experience of 17 years here they don't know how to do this, I only see a very short sighted view, which is build build and more building, run out of money, or turn dirty money into good money, with half build buildings and a total distruction of a coast line.

oldtimer

Postby oldtimer » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:15 pm

As regard to your statement shabby Shabla, lets be honest the whole country is shabby. Its going to be a long time before the country becomes as we say the Garden of Eden. I am probably going to be shot down in flames with so many people saying, yes but in our area its now wonderful etc etc, but at the end of the day the country has a long long way to being not shabby. Saying all this I love it here, let the debate of I am talking rubbish to begin.

Oscar
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Oscar » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:26 pm

Hope it doesn't turn into the 'Garden Of Eden'...........a sanitised western style environment and way of life is the last thing I want for Bulgaria and Eastern Europe.
A country needs some edge to it,and some warts and all reality,only in Eastern Europe do we get to see this now,and that is fast disappearing as the EU slowly but surely sanitises everything..........I don't blame Bulgaria for taking their money to improve environment,but not at the expense of turning it into the toytown communities of Western Europe.

oldtimer

Postby oldtimer » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:41 pm

who wants it to turn into the Garden of Eden or should we say what people see as the Garden of Eden. Bulgaria was the Garden of Eden when we came to live here 17 years ago. Now I am sad to say people want to turn it into the Garden of Eden as they see it should be within Europe and lets not forget how much money can be made for a very few with the change.

Oscar
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Oscar » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:59 pm

Like Monaco,some people see that as the Garden Of Eden or a stylish resort for the rich,what's it got?...........a harbour full of yachts overlooked by loads of blocks of flats that they have overbuilt............pretty much the same as parts of the Bulgarian coast.

Return to “My Place!”