Stefan Stambolovo, little village north of VT

Tell others here about the town, area or village you have bought or actually live in...positives AND negatives!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
jdl

Stefan Stambolovo, little village north of VT

Postby jdl » Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:22 pm

Hi all,

Considering purchasing a property in the quiet and rather ramshackled little village of Stefan Stambolovo, located north of VT in the municipality of Polski Trambesh.

Anyone happen to know Stefan Stambolovo or anything about it?

The village has had many different names over the years, previously known as Gradina!

Any information would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Lutonian
<b>Property Sales/Management</b>

Gradina

Postby Lutonian » Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:39 pm

Hi jdl, still known locally as Gradina. A quiet sleeply village appx 22kms from VT. The roads to Gradina are quite good and travelling time to VT is around 20 mins. Gradina has 2 small shops/cafe's Most of the property in the village is made of stone and bricks and the houses are solid. Also they generally have stone walls. I have a client with a house in the village, however he very rarely visits. I know that 2 other house are owned by Brits for holiday use only.

Mal

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:03 pm

Renamed after Stefan Stambolov, 19th century Prime Minister.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Silvia
<b>Property Sales</B>

Postby Silvia » Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:04 pm

Quite nice village, no gypsies, we sold three properties there to foreigners.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
gremlinuk
<b>Property Sales</B>

No problems

Postby gremlinuk » Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:28 pm

Last edited by gremlinuk on Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
jdl

Postby jdl » Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:47 pm

Thanks for your replies.

Really quite surprised that others know this discreet little place, also very please to see that we won't be the only foreigners to buy here...

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Luc
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby Luc » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:55 pm

Hi jdl,

Stefan Stambolovo is a small quiet place with very very friendly villagers. The village is surrounded by fields of sunflowers, the land is open and undulating and is mainly used for agriculture.

Speaking to locals on my last visit to BG I found that this village used to be very highly regarded for it's large properties and pretty square, the pretty square is not in evidence anymore however. A few of the old buildings in the square remain but are a little worse for wear as in most villages in BG.

The low property prices and the excellent road between here and Veliko Turnovo are deifnate plus points....

Enjoy!
Last edited by Luc on Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Hostel

Postby Hostel » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:44 pm

I agree with the above post.
Stefan Stambolovo is a lovely village with an abundance of stone which increases its appeal. It’s one of the few villages North of VT that’s worth buying in as you do get a lot for your money there.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
cruicky50
<b>Transport Services</b>

Postby cruicky50 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:02 pm

Just took one of our guests out there today, he has a nice house and thats him just moved in, six months here six in Goa. lucky or what

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Luc
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Stefan Stambolovo / Resident artist

Postby Luc » Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:00 pm

Something that I forgot to mention the other day, it really doesn't have any bearing on the village however but it add's a little interest...

Stefan Stambolovo village is home to one of Bulgaria's most important artists, a guy by the name of Milko Bojkov, who's paintings can be found hanging in galleries around the world. Milko has a studio and gallery in the village and often puts on exhibitions, sometimes with work based around the village and it's history. Milko encourages the villagers to attend and be involved with his projects.

Return to “My Place!”