Spectacular plant display.

Tell others here about the town, area or village you have bought or actually live in...positives AND negatives!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
fred
Super User!
Super User!

Spectacular plant display.

Postby fred » Mon May 04, 2009 5:21 pm

Hi all

Just a little heads up for those that are interested in seeing this sort of thing. If you are living in the north east of Bulgaria or visiting it this month you might want to go and have a look at Yailata.

At this time of year there is a chance you may see a really stunning display of wild flowers. Have a look at the link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34613210@N ... 794385911/

In the foreground, big red flowers, is Paeonia peregrina, behind them is, tall yellow spikes, Asphodeline Lutea and on the right a white flowered climber Clematis vitalba.

The picture was taken early May a couple of years back. It has to be said it is difficult to catch this display at it's peak because flowering times vary slightly from year to year. When the picture was taken the Asphodelines were at full throttle but the Peonies had just started to flower and there were a lot of closed buds. I reckon a week later it would have been spectacular.

Yailata is near the village of Kaymen Briag, on the coast road between Shabla and Kavarna. Coming from Shabla it is the second left turn when you are driving through the village and coming the other way it is the first right.

Cheers all Fred.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
jinx57
<b>Property Finder</b>

Postby jinx57 » Tue May 05, 2009 1:54 pm

lovely pic - 'specially paeonia

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
horses
Super User!
Super User!

Postby horses » Tue May 05, 2009 2:04 pm

Beautiful pic looks really nice & peaceful

Mal :D

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
fred
Super User!
Super User!

Postby fred » Tue May 05, 2009 10:53 pm

Hi folks

jinx57 and horses, if you go to that page again and click on the link at the top that says "back to the flickr photo page" it will give you access to the rest of my photos. There are a lot of pics from around Shabla and also some from Veliko Tarnovo, Silistra, Srebarna and Rusenski Lom, near Russe.

I have bought a new camera since I took most of these pics and have been trying to improve my picture taking. On my next trip out, in one weeks time I will be taking a lot more flower pics and hope to catch the Yailata display at it's best. So save the link and come back in about three or four weeks time.

Cheers Fred.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Chippy
<b>Building Services</b>

Postby Chippy » Wed May 06, 2009 5:53 am

Cheers Fred. Lovely photos.

When you are next out I have found a very nice circular walk which I am unsure that you have done. Starting at the new visitor centre walk down the path pa the VIth centure Byzatine fortess and caves. Go past the fortress hugging the coastal path. After about 15 minutes or so the path cuts inland and there is a lovely walk up through the woody escarpment. If you want you can take in the Rock Church Cave here. After 15 minutes you will find yourself back up at the top of the cliffs where you can walk back up to the visitor centre. The peonies, Yayliata thistle and other plants shoud look lovely.

Walk Time : Approx 1hr 15min

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
blackaqua
Super User!
Super User!

Postby blackaqua » Wed May 06, 2009 6:51 am

Hi fred, Chippy,
Not to change the subject, and nice pics fred, this is a favorite part of the coast line for me. the reserve stretches not far enough, You can not dive here, but I snorkeled / free dived this last year and the tombs you see on land also extend underwater to a depth of 10 - 15 mts. A very nice place to walk and take in the views.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
horses
Super User!
Super User!

Postby horses » Wed May 06, 2009 3:15 pm

Hi Fred

Had a look at thr rest of your pic's they are all really good

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
fred
Super User!
Super User!

Postby fred » Fri May 08, 2009 12:28 am

Hi all

Mal, you flatter me, my pics are pretty crap I think. The subject is the thing. Yailata is a magical place for me, you sit alone there and all you can hear is the birds, the insects and sometimes the sea. This place has been inhabited since men lived in caves, thousands of years. I am not a spiritual kind of person but I swear you can feel it when you sit alone in this place.

This next trip I am going to take my time, no rushing around all over the place, I am going to spend a lot of time on the coast taking pictures. I have been studying and practicing and I think now I am ready to take some really nice pictures. I am concentrating on flower and landscape pictures so revisit my flickr page in a few weeks and maybe there will be some good pics there.

Cheers all Fred.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
horses
Super User!
Super User!

Postby horses » Fri May 08, 2009 3:59 pm

Hi Fred

It sounds like a really nice place we shall have to try and visit it some time.

I shall look forward to seeing your next lot of photo's.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Frantic
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Frantic » Fri May 08, 2009 4:29 pm

lovely pictures Fred, must pay a visit to this idyllic place :)

Return to “My Place!”