would you recomend your village near VARNA?

Tell others here about the town, area or village you have bought or actually live in...positives AND negatives!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:05 pm

If the locals do not like the Roma why should they like a settler from the other side of Europe ?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Seedy
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Seedy » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:34 pm

Seriously? I'm sure you're well aware that "a settler from the other side of Europe" has one outstanding virtue in their eyes........not being a Rom.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
houseman
Super User!
Super User!

Postby houseman » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:18 pm

Mmmm... I find it hard to believe that Roma are more likely to be found in places where they are liked, or that they do not often live in places where they are actively disliked...
It is an interesting question though, how it is that some villages and towns have a considerable Roma population and others hardly any if at all.
There are many other, maybe more significant reasons for liking a particular village, or not, as others have mentioned earlier, and these may not strike a chord with a potential buyer or renter (including Roma!)

:wink:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:15 am

Before buying, assess the degree of Xenophobia (or Anglophobia) locally !

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
fred
Super User!
Super User!

Postby fred » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:41 pm

I know we are drifting off thread here but following on from Scot I have a theory about places with a high concentration of Roma.

It's work and or the availability of some sort of income. I reckon you will always find plenty of Roma in the cities but also in agricultural areas, just like in the UK in the old days they are tolerated because come harvest time they provide a ready willing and able pool of cheap labour.

Cheers Fred.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Seedy
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Seedy » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:59 pm

fred wrote:I reckon you will always find plenty of Roma in the cities but also in agricultural areas, just like in the UK in the old days they are tolerated because come harvest time they provide a ready willing and able pool of cheap labour.

I'd certainly dispute the "ready willing and able" part. In my view, it's more like you'll always find plenty about where there's "scrap" to be "liberated" or agricultural produce to be "scrumped", trees (or preferably wood cut by someone else) to be half-inched for fuel or "rich" foreigners to be robbed.....

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
MOD
<b>Be Generous & Give MOD a Home</b>

Postby MOD » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:13 pm

And that is the end of the discussion on Roma.
Mod 8)

Return to “My Place!”