Amadeus 3

Tell others here about the town, area or village you have bought or actually live in...positives AND negatives!

Moderator: Moderator

rubbertoe
Super User!
Super User!

Re: Amadeus 3

Postby rubbertoe » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:49 pm

Water bills are paid to the management company, all that is done is the reading from the meter is handed over to them and they indicate how much is due. Have been trying to find out how to pay direct to water company ..electricity no problem as pay in Post Office.

banjo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby banjo » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:25 pm

This is correct because the meter is read as one service going into the complex and not individual apts but you must see that you are not being overcharged by the management company.For example swimming pool water there is a lot of cheating going on with these complexes and you are being charged for this without your knowledge.The need for a contract is very urgent so that you can see what you are paying for putting a notice up is not very good and this is how they cheat you.There will always be honest people who will pay without question and they know this, you need to get together but as there is a lot of different nationals this is not possible and the company knows this, the only way is to fight your corner for the benefit of all concerned. 8)

rubbertoe
Super User!
Super User!

Postby rubbertoe » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:02 am

I should have mentioned that each apartment has its own water meter and the reading is the responsibility of each owner. Each meter records how much water is used by each individual apartment, but the payment is paid to the maintenance company.

oldtimer
<b>Prop Management/Transport/Sales</b>

Postby oldtimer » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:32 am

What are they charging you for a cubic of water ?

rubbertoe
Super User!
Super User!

Postby rubbertoe » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:48 am

The cost for water is only about 8-10 lev for a total stay of about 6-8 weeks. Do you consider that as being reasonable? Would rather pay direct to the water company if I knew the name of the company, as I am aware some people who have apartments in other complexes pay their water at the Post Office along with their electricity.

banjo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby banjo » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:18 am

This sounds very reasonable for 6/8 weeks cannot complain about that one. 8)

rubbertoe
Super User!
Super User!

Postby rubbertoe » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:06 pm

A meeting took place approx. 2 weeks ago which a very limited number of people attended and only 2-3 from the UK. The reason for the low numbers appears to be that most owners have already returned home after their holiday at the complex. It appears that only a few are paying the full maintenance charges and few more only paying half the charges demanded by the management team. The majority are very unhappy with the slight increase in maintenance charges and the lack of any facilities such as lifts, pool and lighting, especially the elderly people who live on the upper floors....no lifts working!! Most of the owners are now refusing to pay any maintenance until things are sorted out, with the owners demanding that the maintenance is put right asap and all facilities are once again made available to all.

banjo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby banjo » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:38 pm

What did the management say after the meeting or should I ask did you get anywhere. Have they agreed to put things right or are they blaming the residents for not paying, they do not sound very business like. They should in my opinion give people a contract for 12 months listing what the maintenance is being spent on in detail. The problem I find is they just ask for money and no one can see what its for so then they do not pay its a break down in trust. This is an example at another block of apts that I know of people are asked for money but cannot see what its for nothing has been spent on the building that is obvious for all to see so people stop paying. A maintenance contract is what it is but if no one has got one as you said in a previous post no one is under any obligation to pay putting a notice up is a waste of time this is all very strange and has no expertise. But this is Bulgaria. 8) 8)

oldtimer
<b>Prop Management/Transport/Sales</b>

Postby oldtimer » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:29 am

From what I can gather people did ask questions at the meeting regarding accounts etc, but they refused to answer and just blamed people for not pay there maintenance fee. When more questions were asked they just walked away. I do believe that they called another meeting last Friday but not sure if this happened as most people have now left. After the first meeting some people did go to try to pay there maintenance but were told that they could not pay. Lifts are still not working.

banjo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby banjo » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:12 am

This is very strange people offer the maintenance payment to be told they cannot pay. Sorry your lifts are not working do you understand what the problem is, will there be any residents there in the winter months,do they cover the swimming pool in winter,who looks after the building in the winter. :(

Return to “My Place!”