english pounds

Tell others here about the town, area or village you have bought or actually live in...positives AND negatives!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
truckyboy
Super User!
Super User!

english pounds

Postby truckyboy » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:31 pm

My wife was on the phone this morning speaking to a relative, she wanted to turn on our tv and internet prior to us arriving, i am driving over next thursday..However, she is saying that the banks are refusing to take English Pounds, and so are the change places and ATMs..its a bit worrying, although i suppose the way forward is to change it into euros..but will pay twice for the exchange rates..could be a worrying time for a lot of people who havnt heard about the recent changes..i would like to know why its not national news, and why are the public not being informed. ???

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
troyan
Super User!
Super User!

Postby troyan » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:42 pm

trucky I assume you have a bank acc in BG try transferwise.com,

usually good rates, hope this helps

otherwise just use a cashpoint machine in BG

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Mat
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Mat » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:58 pm

I would imagine they are not taking pounds because it collapsed 10% last week and whilst it recovered somewhat, no-one is clear what Monday will bring. No doubt by mid week it should be clear - I would expect a sustained 7-10% drop from pre-vote but Soros is expecting 20%. Doom Doom DOOM!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
troyan
Super User!
Super User!

Postby troyan » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:13 pm

Uncertainty = not good news and definitely nothing good

There will be even more uncertainty this week as emerging favourites to follow may unfold, with Italy emerging and a few more.

Just after we incredibly reached near full employment after a long and successful 8 year struggle post 2008 we put our future in the hands of Sun readers

The 'winners' and would be Winston Churchills have all gone to ground except for Mr Farage who doesnt represent anyone except himself so he now claims

Boris says no need to do anything hasty whatever that means

Bulgaria wont accept the mighty sterling.how far can you fall in 24 hours

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Nick1

Postby Nick1 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:32 pm

A good chunk of the FTSE 100 shares were in the positive by the end of friday,and it still finished higher than the start of the week,boom, boom, boom.I dont understand why some sad people just love to put their own country down...........whinging moaning brits spring to mind :roll: :roll: :roll:

it may be a bit of a rocky road at first,but we will get through it and come out a better country i think.but it wont help when your own people are trying to drag you down all the time,we need to be positive not negative.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
MIK_bg
Super User!
Super User!

Postby MIK_bg » Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:43 pm

If you do not have savings in euros and an European passport I suggest you to look into a trusted advisor and quicky decide if stay and fix your position (at least economically) or move to Britain.
If you have doubts tomorrow will help you to realize what is actually happening.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Mat
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Mat » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:00 pm

Nick1 wrote:we need to be positive not negative.

I know the power of positive thought is the only thing Boris is offering us as a policy option but its not going to be enough. Its abundantly clear that no-one in the Leave campaign gave one nanosecond of thought on what to do if they actually won. Look at the one thing they have said so far 'Don't leave Dave, until we've had a chance to work out what the hell we're going to do'. I don't understand why some people just love to vote their country out from its only trading block when they have no clue what the real issues are or the intellectual capacity to think them through....... stupid village idiots spring to mind :roll: :roll: :roll:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Mat
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Mat » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:52 am

Pound down again. Nice to see Boris saying that there will still be free movement of labour and full access to the single market. Not sure how that squares with not following EU law but everyone tells me he's a frightfully smart chap so I'm sure we'll all be fine. I mean, he's managed to convince voters he's a man of the people when he's an Old Etonian with a rich daddy just like the last PM... Let's hope the EU member states think the same way.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
MIK_bg
Super User!
Super User!

Postby MIK_bg » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:58 pm

This morning I was thinking that brexit could have been a witty plan to make britons bypass their nationalism and commit voluntarily to EU and Euro after some cold shivers experience.

By 2020 every member will have to switch to euro so if Britain was about to stay in, there would have been the hard task to convince population to switch to euro.

Now they chose otherwise, but if pound hit parity with euro with a trend showing to dive down even further, you will have people to ask to forget brexit and move quickly to euro currency.

That would be a very witty scam.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
MIK_bg
Super User!
Super User!

Postby MIK_bg » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:57 pm

Keeping this trend parity will be reached in a couple of weeks.

Just in time to reject brexit and join the euro...with devaluated currency...evil geniouses, if they actually do it.

Return to “My Place!”