SHABLA...North East Coast.

Tell others here about the town, area or village you have bought or actually live in...positives AND negatives!

Moderator: Moderator

Hoowster
Mega User!
Mega User!

SHABLA...North East Coast.

Postby Hoowster » Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:50 pm

Its About Time Shabla had its own section 8)

If you have read my comments (The Northern Black Coast Alliance) over the last year or so you will Know that as Chippy has said I'm a bit of an expert on the Town and areas surrounding :lol:

So...If I can help anyone out regarding the Town..... Post your questions here or PM me!...I dont bite
:!:

tandt
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby tandt » Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:11 pm

Hi Hoowster,
I've just posted on the other thread regarding you and Shabla. Your obvious love and enthusiasm for the area makes me smile :D . I understand the way you feel. When I go to my parents place at Durankulak it's like another world - the whole area is great ! I like to spend time there, then go to our place near Burgas for the nightlife and city buzz. That way, we get the best of both ! :D
Trev.

Hoowster
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Hoowster » Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:27 pm

Durankulak is a great place near Shabla of course and The Lake there is quite spectacular..... being the feeding ground for many different types of birds :idea:
There is also the small Peninsula that juts out into the lake to visit that is one of the oldest sites of human habitation in the area.

As you say the whole area is quite spectacular.... from the Romanian border down to Kamen Bryag the sealine is wonderful and a walker or cyclists dream.
Sofian students spend many a hot summer on vacation in the caves near Kamen Bryag.
Yes I admit It..... I love the area and I am delighted to be able to talk to others who have found it and love it as much as I do :lol:

Hoowster
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Hoowster » Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:42 pm

Well to start this thread off good and proper we need some facts and figures about the town and around....

Shabla is 8o kms from Varna north up the E87 which is the road to Romania it takes a slow 1 and a half hours to get there and the road is good! ( But dont get Lost and hit the nasty rd at Balchik!)
You pass by the ribbon developments of Sunny Beach and Albena or as I like to call them............Ugh !.. Costa Bulgaria :(
You then find the area getting more interesting I think at Balchik followed by Topola ( OOOh a Golf Course maybe!!!) and Kavarna.
A nice right and Left turn here is advised to take you onto the 901 Coast Road To Balgarevo and maybe Kaliakra ? Sveti Nikola is just inland of the old club med resort at Rusalka and then the 901 sweeeps on taking you now to Kamen Bryag (Chippy town :lol:) and then To Tyulenovo and to Shabla Phare the awful lighthouse area of Shabla (my opinion!)

You need to go 8 kms from here to get to the Town of Shabla proper but a right turn before the outskirts takes you to Shabla Plage the best unspoilt beach in comparison to the the Costa disasters of Albena or Kranevo.
Go to this beach in season on a clear day and marvel that there isnt a hotel on it yet! Just Lots of old communistic bungalows and a smattering of some little restauraunts.A large Lake is behind the Large Dunes here too!

Shabla itself is an old ex communistic seaside town resort that fell into decline when the Russians pulled out but as I have often said the infrastructure has survived.
In Shabla you have quite a large town with a Large square surrounded by its services which are....

Restauraunts...........

The Oasis next to the Police station and including the Oasis supermarket.

Pafys...along the road to the beach on the left side of the road that runs to the beach passing the electricity and water supply offices with the Old Post ofice on the Left.
On the same road but on the right is Stamats who forseeing the future is building a supermarket next door to his restauraunt.
There is another on another Exit road (There are 3) to the E87 leading past the Shabla football ground! And the Tarantula bar does some food as well.
In the small market area is Alexanders restauraunt which has a small Hotel (3 rooms) above it
Here to the lovely Christina has her Bar.
(Christina and the others can be seen in the Photo Gallery under my Pictures)

Other Information!

There are 2 banks and an ATM as well as a few more food supermarkets and Lots of Other shops eg 2 Pharmacies Etc Etc Etc.

The Large basic hotel ( about 20? Rooms) opposite the Police station has a discotheque that people come to from Kavarna etc....
Theres a Cultural Hall , a library and a small Museum too!

This starts my description of Shabla... a town of around 4000 souls......it isnt a village Folks! :
lol:

Chippy
<b>Building Services</b>

Postby Chippy » Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:49 pm

Hoowster wrote: Shabla Phare the awful lighthouse area of Shabla (my opinion!)

:
lol:

I agree this part stinks ( LITERALLY!! ) ...I know it is supposed to be good for you though :?

Good detailed overview of the place that you are so passionate about Hoowster. Certainly what " My Place " is all about

Regards

Chippy

Hoowster
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Hoowster » Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:58 pm

Well the reason it Stinks of course is the sulphuric springs that really need to be the centre of a health centre here.
The Area is rich in these springs and the locals with Arthritis etc make a regular Beeline for the constant 30 degree smelly water!
There are more sites around Shabla Etc where this Natural resource could have been better planned and used!

Its a revelation to know that some of the richest people made the mistake of buying into this shanty town development of new houses built Too close to each other!
Someone told me the Lady mayor of shabla's got a place here!

Chippy
<b>Building Services</b>

Postby Chippy » Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:02 pm

Hi Hoowster

I know that one part is awful. I feel sorry for people who might but blind in that particular area. Strange place.

I agree much nicer area where you stated in an earlier post

Regards

Chippy

Hoowster
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Hoowster » Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:40 pm

Chippy wrote:Hi Hoowster

I know that one part is awful. I feel sorry for people who might buy blind in that particular area. Strange place.

I agree much nicer area where you stated in an earlier post

Regards

Chippy

There are some really nice locations and houses In and around Shabla.

The town is a kind of hub along with Kavarna for shoppers from the smaller villages to get that watch fixed or buy that new pair of Jeans etc.
What I liked about Shabla on this visit was that I had the car and so could when work permitted spin down to Tyulenovo or go to Kamen bryag and go down the cliff path to the secret Beach
:lol:

eilidhlux

Postby eilidhlux » Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:44 am

Howdy all,
At the far end of the main market street(opposite end to christinas bar) There is a vets run by the lovely Rosie and Jordan and a few doors down is the new internet cafe who will install a broadband connection to your house at a days notice. It's not cheap( must find price list) approx 70 lev per month for a fast connection but hey.
Opposite is the biological plant doctors which deals in plant medicines and poisons.Might need to visit this shop if i have any trouble with the wife..............grow her a nice plant to keep her happy.
At the far end of the municipal hall is an entrance to the stage area which is used as a rehearsal rooms for local rock bands. It's actually the orchestra pit which has been covered and soundproofed.
There are two more shops connected to the municipal hall on the main square.....the cable t.v. shop(15 lev per month approx) which doesn't do cable internet and a film developement shop.
More when i think my way around the town.
Gus

Hoowster
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Hoowster » Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:04 pm

Hello Gus!... :lol: (Last reply)

Well Folks like me there are a few new pioneers in Shabla and Gus and Eilidh are "Shabla" people too. I guess most of the Anglichanis in Shabla have less than 2 years experience of it :lol:

Rosie and Yordan are featured in my photos and are the local Vets for this area and they have a Pharmacy where Gus has described.

If you get to meet them sociably (this is quite possible) you will have to take your turn after 30 pigs that need castrating or a little "cow sex" (as Yordan calls artificial Insemination)......so they are normally late!
Its Important that you understand these things as you tend to forget these people in Shabla are at work in the morning (6am in Rosies case!) and have worked a long day too!
I have to remind myself of these things as most of the Shablans I know are working Monday to Saturday...midday and get paid about 200 Leva a month(£70) and some get paid less. Some have to get extra work where they can and have more than one Job. There are a lot of unemployed or poorly paid people in Shabla and Bulgaria.

Socially you have to fit yourself in and make yourself available at the times they are free of course.
But go out with Rosie and Nikkoletta to the disco on A saturday night and you have a great night!

Anyhow Rosie is almost next to the Local Mobile Phone shop run by a lovely Lady whose name I am ashamed to say...escapes me!
On the other side of Rosie's pharmacy is a mad womans :lol: :lol: shop who sells clothes , art supplies, batteries....... the lot!

There is also a hunting shop in this parade of shops along with a few small supermarkets and coffee bars etc.
Facing the Parade is the town square with its bronze deer standing in a grassy area next to the church :idea:

Return to “My Place!”