Anyone near Pazardjik?

Tell others here about the town, area or village you have bought or actually live in...positives AND negatives!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
pearltoo
Super User!
Super User!

Anyone near Pazardjik?

Postby pearltoo » Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:54 pm

Just wondering if there are any site users who live or holiday in the Pazardjik area.
I have bought a house in a village about fifteen minutes [by taxi] north of Pazardjik,and will be staying there at the end of April. If you can offer any advice on the best places to buy furniture,household goods,etc.in the area,or any general information on life in that region,I would love to hear from you.
Thanks,
Pearltoo.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:53 pm

Tara is the lady in Belovo. She has posted here under MY PLACE -

I quote 'Hi i am in Belovo - not far from Yundola. We have the second hand shop on the main road - stop for a chat some time.'

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Tara

Postby Tara » Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:40 am

Yes it's me and i am in Pazardjik often for shopping. Pm me and i will send you my mobile, so we can meet for coffee. what is the name of the village you have bought ?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
canadiangirl
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby canadiangirl » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:59 pm

Hi Pearltoo,
I have been living in a small village about 15 min. south of Pazardijik,and shop there at least twice a week.There is a chain of furntiture shops in town,with a large main store with everything from furniture to light fixtures,bedding,pots and pans,garden furniture,etc. As well as delivery service (was 15 lvs. flat rate,no limit on amount of goods shipped)
I will be back in Bulgaria for Easter,maybe we can get together.
Regards Canadiangirl.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
pearltoo
Super User!
Super User!

Thanks from pearltoo.

Postby pearltoo » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:46 pm

Hi Canadiangirl.
Many thanks for your message.
It would be good if we could meet over in Pazardzhik! Have sent you a PM. Speak soon. Pearltoo.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
pearltoo
Super User!
Super User!

My Fault

Postby pearltoo » Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:37 pm

Sincere apologies to My Bg.
The P.M has departed,and the delay was not in any way the fault of the system ...just the poster having one of my ever more frequent senior moments!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Amber
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Amber » Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:52 pm

Hello everyone. I have a place in Batak, just south of Pdjardjik (still can't spell it right!). I don't know a lot about shopping there but I have had all my furniture hand made locally. We have done a bit of shopping in Velingrad where there are some very good shops, but that's in the opposite direction to you, so probably a bit out of your way. If you haven't already though, you should pay a visit to the churches and museums in Batak and have a look round the lake, it's very pretty and I would put money on it that the road round the lake is the best in all Bulgaria - not a single pot hole!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:30 am

PAZAR is MARKET. and PAZARDJIK (or PAZARJIK) means 'SMALL MARKET'. Does that make it easier to remember or to spell ?

Thiink of the English equivalent - BAZAR. (Well it's actually Hindustani !)
Last edited by scot47 on Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
pearltoo
Super User!
Super User!

Pazardjik/Pazardzik/Pazardzhik!

Postby pearltoo » Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:14 pm

Thanks for your post Amber.

When are you going to your house at Batakagain ? I looked at your web-site and your property is lovely...which gives me some hope and inspiration!!
Regards,
Pearltoo.
Thanks Scot for the meaning of Paz.......K !!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Amber
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Amber » Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:45 pm

PAZARDJIK, PAZARDJIK, PAZARDJIK....I WILL get it right!

Thanks for that Scot. I'm trying, honestly I am, but I'm lousy at languages. The other half is doing a bit better though. He and our next door neighbour have developed a whole new language which is a strange mixture of Bulgarian and Russian! Angel has now got a good idea which words Dave knows in Bulgarian, and he substitutes the Russian word if he thinks he won't understand the Bulgarian one. And Dave speaks in Bulgarian with Russian words substituted for the ones he doesn't know! Which works surprisingly well! Trouble is this is what I'm listening to so I'm learning a very strange language indeed!

Things like sladoled, bolshoi, yabulka soc, no idea which language they are (scuse the spelling, I only ever hear them spoken!)
I have my beer sorted tho - bira=bulgarian piva=russian :lol:

Return to “My Place!”