Anyone near Pazardjik?

Tell others here about the town, area or village you have bought or actually live in...positives AND negatives!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
jakdublin

Postby jakdublin » Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:21 pm

Hi Wayne,
No, I won't be living permanently but the rents in Pazardzhik are so low it's not worth renting out. I was thinking of investing in Plovdiv if I could find somewhere that would pay for itself over time. The rents in Plovdiv must be OK if your studio is near the centre but I wouldn't have much more to €60,000 to spare. Do you think I'd find something for that price or would I need to go up.

wayne2cat wrote:Hi jakdublin

Apologies for deviating from the original thread here.

Are you planning on living permanently in your apartment? If you hang on to it for a while and perhaps rent it out (if not living there permanently) then I am sure that you will make money on it in the future should you decide to sell.

I own a studio in Plovdiv and have been renting it out on (permanent) long term basis for almost 18 months now. I had it valued when I was over there recently(looking at using it as collateral against a mortgage) and according to the valuation report, the value had increased quite a bit.

Good luck

Regards

Wayne

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
wayne2cat
Super User!
Super User!

Postby wayne2cat » Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:31 pm

Hi again jakdublin

You will easily buy at leat a 2 bedromm apt in Plovdiv for that kind of money. I paid €56,000 for an off plan 2 bedroom in Plovdiv, very close to the centre. It should be finished by end of October. I am in process of getting furnishing quotes etc for it. I intend renting it out as well when complete.

I have seen estate agents in Plovdiv offering apartments (2 bedroom) to rent at between €400 and €600 per month.

Am sure that you would do well to buy in Plovdiv.

Good luck

Regards

Wayne

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
jakdublin

Postby jakdublin » Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:56 pm

Thanks for that Wayne. It sounds doable. I'll be in Plovdiv next month so I'll do some checking around.
Cheers.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
normanj

Re: Anyone near Pazardjik?

Postby normanj » Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:45 pm

pearltoo wrote:Just wondering if there are any site users who live or holiday in the Pazardjik area.
I have bought a house in a village about fifteen minutes [by taxi] north of Pazardjik,and will be staying there at the end of April. If you can offer any advice on the best places to buy furniture,household goods,etc.in the area,or any general information on life in that region,I would love to hear from you.
Thanks,
Pearltoo.

Hi We have a place about 20 mins from Pazardkik Nr a town called Belovo.
How long have you lived there.
Norman

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:00 pm

Let's see if we can revive this. I have family connection with Pazardjik, formerly known as Tatar Pazardjik because of the large numbers of Tatars here in Ottoman times. There used to be a sizeable Jewish community too but most of them left in the 1940s after the establishment of the People's Republic

Nice town and only 20 minutes from Plovdiv.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
jakdublin

Postby jakdublin » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:12 pm

Wow. It's eight years since anybody posted here. I'm still going to Pazardjik every year. Was there for most of August and will be back for Christmas. Love it there.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:19 pm

There is another Pazardjik. The town now called Dobrich was Hajioglu Pazardjik and then when part of Romania, Bazagic. Then Tolbukhin and now back to Dobrich. I have connections there too.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
jakdublin

Postby jakdublin » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:28 pm

It also got its name for being a market town. Pazar is market. I guess Dobrich must have been a market town too.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
jakdublin

Postby jakdublin » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:28 pm

It also got its name for being a market town. Pazar is market. I guess Dobrich must have been a market town too.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
jakdublin

Postby jakdublin » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:29 pm

Return to “My Place!”